1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Final Fanyasy VII Remake...Who's excited?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShinJay, May 9, 2019.

1. Kuroh Kaze

Kuroh Kaze "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Imagine it this graphic but same camera angle and characters movement with the old one .how awkward that would be.people had been asking for it and now they got it .they are working hard to do it perfect.they even change studio because it was just not good enough.people keep complaining like they can do it better.maybe sqex should hire them and see what happen.

2. Zach2004

Zach2004 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    285 100 700
    Leads:
    Esther, Sylvie, etc.
    I happen to like Action RPGs...or anything with live combat, just my preference. That and my parents both loved FF7 when they were younger.

3. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    agreed

add me to the hyped list

ExHaseo likes this.
  4. Kaiser_Decimation

Kaiser_Decimation "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    295 801 115
    Leads:
    Full team from sig on friend list
    Now now easy there, it cant be that bad ::joy::

5. Ciel

Ciel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TTerra, LM Fina, Fryevia, Hyoh
    Her Bewbs will get nerfed. ::ink::

6. volcom

volcom "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sora,Ang,Kurasame,TT,Malphasie,etc
    IMG_9977.JPG

Sivispara likes this.
  7. Ciel

Ciel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TTerra, LM Fina, Fryevia, Hyoh
    I think Like in Advent children ;)
    Or for the nowadays new Look, Like tombraider.

But i think i need to Play it after all three parts are Out. I would prefer the Turn based Battle. But im honest, i cant Play the original anymore. The graphics... My lost Savefiles... I cant(btw, master Materia for everyone in the party! XD).
    I realy hope for a good Story, thats everything that counts for me in FF Games. Thats why i hated everything after IX. (Yes, im Not a X Fanboy, Deal with it )
    I was realy curious about Versus 13.
    And what it become... Wasnt worth to purchase for me.
    If they ruin the Remake and Story it will be the Last ff i will Play, sadly.

volcom likes this.
  8. nekrodev

nekrodev Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    waifus
    pretty much. aside from it having the same characters and being in basically the same setting, this is an entirely different game.

9. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    "Oh no! Specific detail #6215975 is DIFFERENT! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!"

Seriously, though, it's much too early to make any judgements. We just haven't seen enough of it yet. But from what's been shown so far, it seems that it puts its own spin on the ARPG formula. For one, you have the ability to switch between characters on the fly like in FFXII. You're not stuck with Cloud as your only controllable character. Notice how each button has its own function in the menu as well, and how Cloud and Barret clearly use their classic limit breaks.

Even the visual effects when they hit an enemy match exactly with how they were in the original. For example, when Aerith hit an an enemy in the original with her staff, there would be a bright blue glow upon impact. The same thing happens in the remake. The fact that they're paying such attention to little details like that to make it as faithful as possible is a very good sign.

You can't expect turn-based battles with photorealistic characters and environments like this. It would look ludicrous and unrealistic. Telling the story as it happens means having a battle system that isn't static like the old one. I like how it's more dynamic now, and materia are still a part of it, as you can see Cloud has them in his sword at various points in the trailer. And those who complain about it being split into three parts forget that the original was split across three CD's. It really isn't any different in that respect.

So count me excited, because I am very much so. :D:D:D:D

10. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    It all boils down to how much each "episode" costs. Yeah FF7 had multiple discs but it was what, $30? If each episode costs what a full game does then there's a problem.

11. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    Not necessarily. If each holds as much content as an entire full game, which I'm sure they will, then the price isn't so unrealistic. Think of Xenosaga from the PS2 era. Each was a single full game, but together they formed a whole story. Same with the FFXIII trilogy. Think of the FF7R episodes as a series of three full-length adventures with an overarching story connecting them instead of three shorter parts of a larger whole.

12. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'm not going to be holding out the vain hope that the developers somehow, magically, miraculously, manage to add so much to the story that it triples the length of the game.

Or if you prefer, think of it this way. How many video game remakes have had their story stretched into 3 full length games? I can't think of any.

13. nekrodev

nekrodev Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    waifus
    I'm sorry, but I was really looking forward to a Final Fantasy 7 remake, not Final Fantasy 12 and 15 mashed up with a Final Fantasy 7 skin =/

Square screwed up by waiting so long to do this. They could've easily just remade the game exactly as it was before, but with FF12-level graphics back on PS3, but nooooooooooo, they were too busy ruining the franchise to do something like that.

And, yeah, enjoy paying $120+ for a single game that is basically just a reskin of one of their other games

14. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    pretty sure they will make alot of money, so they dont care how long it took

now all the fanboys and fangirls are alot older and have alot more disposable incomes

15. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, but for many of them none of that disposable income will be going toward this remake because it is not what they wanted. I'm sure it will make money because the fans of the newer games will like it, and some of the older fans will buy it anyway just to see for themselves, but if it turns out it's really just FF15 with a FF7 skin like some are suspecting then "Thanks but no thanks." will be the answer from a lot of the older fans.

nekrodev likes this.
  16. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    Did you actually watch the second trailer? You're not stuck with only one character to control. And as I said, turn-based battles would look ridiculous with photorealistic characters and environments. It just doesn't fit with the real-time cinematic perspective a game like that is shown at. Don't be so afraid of change. Just because things aren't 100% exactly like you want them to be down to the last miniscule detail doesn't mean it isn't good. Its quality doesn't depend on your opinion. And about it being episodic, don't think of it as one game split into three parts, think of it as three separate full-length games in a connected series.

Don't be so willing to cling to your preconceptions that you won't allow yourself to have an open mind. We've seen less than 1% of the saga and you're already ready to write it off based on nothing more than your own opinions and biases. Prejudgements are rarely accurate, so it's not wise to make them. Or to speak for anyone other than yourself.

17. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Are you planning on making a living reading too much into things? Not that I'd recommend it, I don't think there's much in the way of job opportunities there. I said "if it turns out to be FF15 with a FF7 skin" which, you know, implies that it may not but IF it does. Being able to switch characters was a given from the start, so that is a non-issue. And it is your opinion that turn based battles would look bad with photo realistic graphics, my opinion is that it would look great. I'm not afraid of change, I'm just tired of remakes that turn out to be bastardizations of the original game or cash grabs loaded with DLC to add things that should have been included with the base game.

And like I said in my other post, how many remakes can you name that have stretched out the story of one game into 3 full length games? The only game I can think of that might be able to pull that off is Xenogears, and that's only because the vast majority of the second half was condensed into a string of cutscenes with a few boss battles.

I'm not speaking for anyone other than myself, I don't need to because a lot of other people have already spoken for themselves and said much the same thing. All I'm doing is pointing out that I'm not the only one who sees it this way.

nekrodev likes this.
  18. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    Except that what's intended here is to show the full scale of the world and the adventure, not merely to go from point A to point B. We'll probably get to explore every last corner of Midgar, for example, which is much more than we were able to do in the original. The game's world is more than just what we saw in the original, and filling in those gaps leaves plenty of room for expansion without compromising the original. At least wait until it's released to form a final opinion on it.

19. Talien

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hey guess what? Now you're speculating too. For all you know what they have now might be scrapped due to budget cuts and it could be turned into another FF 13.

20. RandomMan

RandomMan Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I know a guy who's excited...

[​IMG]