1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Final Fanyasy VII Remake...Who's excited?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShinJay, May 9, 2019.

1. Ciel

Ciel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TTerra, LM Fina, Fryevia, Hyoh
    PLOTTWIST!!!
    In the Remake turns out that Aeris got Jenova Cells, No she IS Jenovas Reincarnation. Stabbs Sephiroth in the Back while grinding Clouds face on the ground.

2. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
  3. Ciel

Ciel Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TTerra, LM Fina, Fryevia, Hyoh
    Oh please, they are Not allowed to delete this Part! xD ::rudecat1::

4. ShinJay

ShinJay Ascended Member

Global ID:
    In 4K goodness too. So excited!

5. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    Not likely. Been doing some reading and according to Kitase, each installment will be as big as FFXIII. So no worries about having small episodes. Also, the gameplay may not be what either of us thought, as Nomura said that it won't be quite as real-time as Kingdom Hearts. So it seems we may get something of a hybrid of the two styles. Turn-based ARPG? We'll just have to wait and see. Sorry if I got a little argumentative, btw.

Aerith: This guy are sick.
    Cloud: What the hell...?
    Aerith: I mean, this guy is sick. Sorry about that, I don't know what came over me.
    Cloud: Mix up your verbs much?
    Aerith: *smiles sheepishly*

That'd be funny if they did some kind of homage to that line, it's such a well-remembered and classic mistranslation.

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  6. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Well if they're actually going to go all out and make 3 proper games out of it, good. Not sure what they'll do aside from maybe more about Sephiroth's backstory, maybe get to play as him during his time in SOLDIER. Turn based ARPG.....if it's something like Valkyrie Profile that could be interesting. And no worries, I tend to get that way too so I don't hold it against anyone.

I'd almost forgotten about that part. That would be hilarious, especially with voice acting.

7. SkipDrake

SkipDrake Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther/Sylvie/WoL Bartz, Lenna/Tanks
    final fantasy series is kinda dead, really....a huge shame. its only a name now; nothing that made it what it was. i wish we had more games like FFIV and FFVI.....ill deff pass on this remake unless i somehow had an easy way to try it; I couldnt see myself buying a new game console, as literally no modern games really tickle my fancy at all, and I have less time for such.

just because we have new tech doesnt mean everything has to be button mashing.....
    someone should design a new console with SNES era type games for us older gens...

gaw....to think that we're that old now! o_O feels like video games were new only yesterday.

8. Axwind

Axwind Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Aerith
    You might want to check out the new trailers we got around E3 recently, they'll alleviate a lot of your concerns. The battle system, for example, isn't purely real-time, you can pause the action to input commands menu-style if you want and switch between characters anytime. The entire first game is just Midgar and will come out this March and it'll be on 2 - yes 2 - blurays! So don't despair, they're really trying to do the best they can on this, they know how big a project it is and how much pressure is on them to do it justice. So don't worry, everything'll be fine.

SkipDrake likes this.
  9. Shadow Knight

Shadow Knight Ascended Member

favourite game ever! remade! <3

10. SkipDrake

SkipDrake Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther/Sylvie/WoL Bartz, Lenna/Tanks
    oh wow, that be kinda neat....sorta like combining the two.
    i guess ill prolly give it a try sometime

Axwind likes this.
  11. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
  12. Spartan 363

Spartan 363 Active Member

Global ID:
    I'm excited but I may hold off on playing until the PC version is released. The PS4 Pro is inferior to the PC I have, I have a PC with SLI RTX 2080 Ti that is made to play at 4k Ultra on my 65 inch Samsung QLED TV. 30 FPS on the PS4 will hurt my eyes badly when I'm used to 60 FPS the minimum for over a decade now. Also, like FFXV PC version, it will most likely release with any expansions, so it would be cheaper and the bugs would be patched up by then too.