1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Flat attack accessories

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by xV3N0M, Jan 11, 2019.

1. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    KHloud, T.Terra, Barbi, Raegen
    So I'm looking at getting a flat attack accessory from one of my units, I dont have desch earring but that ONLY provides 45 attack where as I could get Colorful Lei which gives 45 attack AND some TDW or I could get the Iceblade Hilt which provides 40 attack and magic and 50 mp as well as 50 ice resist, which item do you guys think would be more beneficial?

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke IA! IA! Yes We Can (be eaten first) VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Cid Folka Barbi Fina Sieg Chow
    That depends on your unit.

- Deschs Earring is good for some tdh units, as you need only 1 Marshal Glove for some of their 7* forms.
    - Iceblade Hilt is good for Hybrid DDs and units with low mp
    - cfLei is good for tdw users.

cfLei is better than Deschs Earring because of the tdw buff for dual wielders (who are not tdh units). If you have a unit with low mp i'd go for Iceblade hilt, to increase the mp for longer fights, if your mana battery has problems with the DDs mp consumption.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Masvroh and aa25 like this.
  3. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Currently my main 7* are mostly mages, I made my cloud 7* today but i cant really imagine using a finisher often, but I do have 6* KH Cloud that already gets his W-cast and can Dr chain and is probably my strongest physical chainer right now so far I've had zero luck with 7* physical chainers except for Aloha Lasswell that's stuck to water and wind

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    I'd pick Colorful Lei, as it will be one of the nice TDW accessoires in the future. But ultimately it's up to you and i would really wait until other people answear to this thread.

xV3N0M likes this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I vote for Colorful Lei as well, but I would also put Ice Blade Hilt on your "to-do-list". I would skip Desch Earriring entirely though. Since you have KH.Cloud, it implies you already have an access to another 40 ATK accessory. The hilt is still useful for mages or support that need MP and, more importantly, 50% ice resistance.

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  6. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yea I do have marshal glove as well but i was also thinking for future use where as TDW meta will be around and and also elemental Tetris just not sure if a single element resist item will be so useful lol

7. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    I believe it will. You may end up build a unit with a lot of 'all element resistance' and another unit with 'single element', i.e. you may build one unit with 2x Kryla's TMR for 50% resistance in fire and ice and another unit with Flame Mail and the Hilt to the same effect.

Note that this 'elemental tetris' thingy sometimes means building high resistance on more than one units. I don't know your equipment pool, but, if you are still working on stocking up elemental resistance equipment, I would recommend getting anything that you have access to. Plus, the Hilt is quite a versatile TMR. It doesn't hurt to have one around.

Personally, I would be worried about elemental resistance gear before TDW gear. By the time TDW becomes a thing, it is not like TDH will just suddenly disappear from FFBE. It may not be the best, but I believe it is still usable. I mean, TDH has become a thing for over a year now (Cloud and Elfreeda released about a year ago). Every now and then, DW units are still usable just fine.

xV3N0M likes this.
  8. TheKillingJoke

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    It's called Tetris for a reason :)

Master Red, xV3N0M and aa25 like this.
  9. Absolem

Absolem "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Akstar, KM, 2B, HSU, Gladio
    Colorful lei is the best flat Atk accessory outside of STMR, meaning it's great even on TDH units if you don't have 2 of Marshal glove/Cloud's cloak. I would definitively go for it. Iceblade hilt should be next, since it's quite versatile - or even mandatory on hybrid units.

xV3N0M likes this.
  10. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks for your help guys, I think for now I may just hold on getting any tmr right now, we get a free 5* in a few days and I may or may not get someone i need that has a good tmr too lol

11. Absolem

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    BTW Aloha Lasswell is a great DR chainer, if you have him at 7*, you should definitively get that Colorful lei and try him out. DR chains are easy to spark, meaning it's not that important to have matching elements with your chain partner as long as you have the same imperil on both elements.

12. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    He's basically the only 7* physical dr chainer i have lol but being locked into water and wind kind of put me off, he's not even leveled only other physical/def chainer I have at 7* is viktor but no one to chain with him haha

13. Absolem

Global ID:
    737 567 686
    Leads:
    Then again, you should use him if you don't have anything better. He's not even "locked", as you say, since he can choose between the two. Ennemies resistant to both water and wind aren't that common.

xV3N0M likes this.
  14. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I suppose there's no harm in trying him since i have no other 7* DR chainer :)