1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

General Companion Lead System

Discussion in 'General' started by Carnefix, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Carnefix

Carnefix No, I can't fix your computer... Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    I was thinking that we should decide on a system how the companion units should be set since we got the update to be able to use 5 units as leads. At least for us all on the forum.

I was thinking of something like this:
    Favorite Event 1 Event 2 Nemesis 1/2
    Main Chaniner New KM Bonus Unit Rerun KM Bonus Unit, Event Trial Lead Second Chainer, Finisher, Support Unit, Tank, Healer etc.
    What do you think of this system? Do you have another system you would suggest?
    I would make a list of different companion settings and make a poll for it in the end to that we can decide on one of them together and stick to it.

M!to, Yunny, Rorrek and 14 others like this.
  2. Arnatuile

Arnatuile "Let us not speak of them, but look, and pass." Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

I think it's hard to set things in stones. Currently, I have 3 units all useful for the latest Scorn trial (Octopus), which I had to then split over 3 tabs (Favorite and the 2 Nemesis), and I have a Cilka with some element resistance that can be used for any trial as well (on the Event 2 tab). Event 1 tab still has naked Barreth for tomorrow's event.

In any case, I think definitely Nemesis 1/2 should be use for trials, and Event 1 for new KM bonus unit. Everything else can be flexible imo.

Yunny, Polka!, Seven and 1 other person like this.
  3. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist VIP VIP Supporter

Leads:
    the Flock.
    1/2
    Usually using more or less same as it says , favorite is flavor or the month. A personally, favorite.
    A bonus or helpful unit at Main (Event 1) and Rerun (Event 2) Trail 1 (support or Tank , Heal ) Trail 2 ( DD , Mage , Finisher )

Regalia likes this.
  4. Carnefix

Carnefix No, I can't fix your computer... Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter German Moderator Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    I was getting a few request where others wanted the KM units in the Fav tab. That's why I made this thread. Even having 2-3 of the slots set in stone for specific leads will be great.

5. IronAxe125

IronAxe125 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    I think you're head is in the right direction, but getting consensus on 5 and having people update is going to be near impossible. What about starting small...
    Favorite = main chainer - I think that already happens for the most part
    Event 1 = Current KM
    And draw the line there. At least for me the only units I ever borrow for the most part are Esther and the current KM units. If we could accomplish this, it would be a good start then take the next step. Just my opinion.

Poached likes this.
  6. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, Lenna, Summer Whip Fina, Zeno
    I think the KM friend should be in the Event 1 tab. Since it's an event that we have to farm, it'd be easier to have all the bonus friends there instead of having to swap between tabs to find more KM units.
    Then, the Favorite unit could be our most useful unit - usually, a top chainer. Personally, I'm sharing Summer Whip CG Fina, because my best chainer, Hyoh, is outdated.

VINH and Frosty Toast like this.
  7. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I agree with an attempt at forum preference, no need to set it in stone. My take on it is: Event 1 and 2 are a no-brainer, MK units when there is such an event. Whatever if not. Favourite is your favourite unit ;) probably a chainer or finisher with high ATK/MAG and no discernment/ribbon, can be used for easy story event farming and such. Nemesis 1+2 are for the most recent trial(s) or when someone ask for a specific build/unit.

Also when there is no 2nd MK event, use the slot for a Wadow with lots of reduce encounter, so friends can farm the Realm of the dragon king ::zzz:: or rank explorations

8. Carnefix

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Zeno, Esther, Circe, Cid
    That's why I wrote Nemesis 1 and 2 with much variety. So it is up to everyone how they want to set it.

I was still equipping my fav unit for the latest trial and keep it like that for around a week. Last week was the Scorn trial and this week is the Bonus stage.

9. SlightlyDubious

SlightlyDubious A Wild Dubs Appears! Spooky Chocobro Valkyrie Æsir VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT, Event/Trial units
    This is basically how I've had mine set up since it was implemented, with the intent to save Nemesis 2 for requested carry units.

Aside from two or three people, everyone else on my buddy list is a forum member. If there's a preferred method of doing things that most of us can stand by then I'm totally down. ::rudecat11::

Frosty Toast likes this.
  10. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
    I think it’s a very reasonable proposal!

On which tab should we put ::calling::?

11. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I'm always looking for a nyx to use =(. Or er...I think that's him? Haven't played 15 yet.

12. MeeTum

MeeTum Well-Known Member

If you have 2 or more 7* for km event, put them all up!! I don't care what slot you put them in, they are all in need to ease the grinding pain.

Skye likes this.
  13. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:

The units under the tabs are a bit chaotic right now. I wish they would have set the tabs as DPS, Breaker, Buffer, Healer and Tank. At least hat way we would know under which tab we could find the type of unit we're looking for.

Having some kind of structure to the friends lists would be nice tho. I have no problem following ur suggestion, but I gots ta figure out the best units for the nemisis slots

14. KeybladeMaster97

KeybladeMaster97 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther
    I think that this is a great idea. I'm down for it

15. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Folka, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    Agreed, at least in part. My OCD hates you for not properly using your event slots, you monsters. ::ink::

Personally, I think a main chainer or side chainer (Auron, Loren, 2B, etc) in the FAV spot is preferable. Put you best foot forward and showcase something people are going to really want, so to speak.

Skye likes this.
  16. Sotoy_yuk

Sotoy_yuk Ascended Member

Personally, this is my set up
    Favorite = main chainer for trial (esther)
    Event 1 = new km (barreth)
    Event 2 = rerun km (zargabaath)
    Nemesis 1 = back up chainer for trial (zeno)
    Nemesis 2 = usually change as requested (currently set sylvie)

And thank's to sir @Arnatuile for set 3 dps (cilka especially) i can beat asura easily, do not care with the annoying damage mitigation

Arnatuile likes this.
  17. Cygnes

Cygnes Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    I currently have the following :

Favourite - Auron (because he's my actual fav)
    Event 1 - New KM Bonus Unit
    Event 2 - Rerun KM Bonus Unit
    Nemesis 1 - DPS geared for newest / upcoming trial
    Nemesis 2 - Support / Tank geared for newest / upcoming trial

I'll probably end up keeping favourite as some form of either chainer or general purpose unit, but am currently undecided.

18. leemanho

leemanho F2P RoD Owner VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    The problem is that the 5 companion units cannot share gear, so I believe a lot of us cannot set 5 well geared units. I for example have only set 1 unit. And you cannot set the "favorite" to empty, so you can see the "favorite" will always contain all kinds of units. In short, I cannot follow the system even if I want to, I can only set the "favorite" unit.

In reality when I look for a 200% bonus KM unit, I always look at all the first 3 tabs. And when I look for a companion for trials, I look at all 5 tabs.

19. YHEsys

YHEsys Ascended Member

190s
    Actually i would suggest to put the new km 200% bonus unit on the 1st tab. Because
    1) it is easiest to be found
    2) also beneficial to players not in your fl

FFBEJay likes this.
  20. FFBEJay

FFBEJay Ascended Member

I prefer 100-200% KM units in Favorites. So all of us can still use non friend bonus units. Event 1 rarely shows up non friend units.