1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Gigas Rat question

Discussion in 'General' started by Jman1115, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Was doing just fine. Going through the motions. Not killing the dire rats. Turn 7 gigas unleashes that meteor looking spell and does 60k damage every hit for like ten hits. Prior to that when he did that spell it tickled my team. What gives?

Frosty Toast likes this.
  2. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, Rem, 2B, Raegen, M. Ramza
    What? Maybe a bug? I'm confused.

3. MasterBlaster1

MasterBlaster1 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    That stupid rat took me 8 tries to get down. And as far as I could tell, there was no rhyme or reason.

I had a maxed Lid break on him, maxed Myra outro buff, Sieg mitigation, WOL evade covering and it still took me out.

Didn’t matter what threshold where I was at at the fight, wiped. And I wasn’t ever hitting/killing the rats.

The way I got around it was to Start on the rat, then do AoE chaining to get rid of the little rats. He did Not retaliate and I was able to burst him down. I think the number of rats, whether you hit them or not determines the damage

But seriously no rhyme or reason to it at all

4. Jman1115

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Loren is bugged as well. This is not the first trial, but several times I have used her lb to break the enemy and it applies the imperil but not the breaks. Other breaks will work. Lb won't.

5. Cabbage

Cabbage "Hall of Fame" Member

I'm having similar trouble with the random meteor. I think just taking down the big guy as quick as possible in order to hopefully just not deal with it at all is the best way.

Jman1115 likes this.
  6. Riran

Riran Ascended Member

Everything is fine the rat alias oroku saki alias Master Splinter became serious . Working as intended

7. Jman1115

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    I just beat him down. Super quick with raegan and hyoh on turn four. Screw that RNG shit.

Cabbage likes this.
  8. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Sorry my dude, but you got it twisted. Oroku Saki is the Shredder. Splinter’s name is only Splinter, though he was trained by Hamato Yoshi. I know this because I’ve memorized one of the greatest lines from one of the dopest martial arts movies of all time. As Shredder hangs from michalagelo’s nunchaku, Splinter says to him, “Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be.....without honor.” TMNT 1. That’s a flipping classic right there!

Nouk, Sorwen, Aaaa111 and 2 others like this.
  9. Cabbage

Oh god, this movie. When it was announced I was so excited I probably peed my pants (very possible because I was like, 7 years old). All things considered I think it was pretty well-done. I saw 2 and 3 also but I don't remember them as well as 1.

How are you liking your Kurasame? I just pulled my 2nd.

Redtide and Ferax like this.
  10. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

The first one was amazing! Like truly a martial arts classic. The second two were pretty terrible. I like to pretend they don’t exist.

I love my Kurasame. He pretty much one-shots 90-something% of all content. The trick is he has to be spark chained to actually chain properly due to QH frames. If you like to do trials on an emulator or if you are on IOS and are down to work out switch controls, he’s completely amazing! Here’s just a few examples....

IvaNL and Cabbage like this.
  11. Cabbage

Good stuff, I like that he can AOE chain! I'll level mine up and try him out.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  12. Ferax

Sounds good, I highly recommend him. He’s great because he can damage enemies even when they resist physical due to hybrid and he’s not completely locked to ice and can equip many different weapon types so he’s got crazy versatility.

IvaNL likes this.
  13. Platinumdragon

Platinumdragon Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Sophia, Hyoh
    For Cid's bonus stage I was finally able to clear it with

Team:
    Wilhelm(Passive Provoke Tank with 70%+ all elemental resist)
    Mercenary Ramza(Evade Cover Tank)(With Excailbur II)
    Hyoh(Damage Dealer)(with Fire Weapon)
    HT Lid(Breaker)
    Rena(Healer/Buffer)
    Hyoh(Friend Unit with Fire Weapon)

Only fight that gave me trouble was Giant Rat, seems at 50% he gains a stat buff, fist few times I think it bugged out and didn't appear on his stat window, usually lining up with his meteor attack and wiping the team, the final attemp with the team above, the buff finally started to appear on him so was able to dispelled it when ever it had appeared and finally was able to clear it with all mission

14. kingfencer

kingfencer Ascended Member

yeah, first 2 boss joke with cover tank, giga rat ruined me,

15. Cabbage

Good to hear. Veritas of the Light turned me into a fan of hybrids for just that reason.

Finally got my clear, it took me a while because I was using Balthier or Veritas of the Flame before and they couldn't kill the Giga Rat fast enough before he got me with his meteor. My team:

Merc Ramza - 100% evade
    Knight Delita
    Rena
    Reberta - Crimson Blood/Vernard
    Zargabaath - 75% all element resist, 65% passive provoke

On odd turns, Ramza covered physical, Delita broke, and Reberta used her timed jump. On even turns, Ramza and Delita chained with their fire element Raging Inferno and Reberta finished the chain. Rena and Zarg buffed. All missions clear on battle 1 and 2, could only get the No Items on battle 3. It was fun to trot out my original support/chaining team for this one!

16. Tanatos

Tanatos "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    838 612 439
    Japan ID:
    512 695 920
    Leads:
    Jecht,Hyoh,TT, Beryl
    Did u equipped her TMR? cause only Loren upgrated lb(w her tmr) have the debuff.

17. Princeof1904

Princeof1904 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I just beat the Bonus Stage first try, brought
    Wilhelm (full evade)
    Loren max LB
    Ace for fire imperil
    CG Nichole
    Sophia 2200 Mag
    Sophia 2200 Mag

the first two stages were pretty easy and for the rat did Ae evade, fire imperil plus Loren Break Sophia chained him to 25% in one turn, the rats spawned again but Wilhelm covered everything. Second turn he died with all his little friends. Pretty easy with a complete evade tank.

Lukahn likes this.
  18. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt I SNichol on request
    Hm... 2B with fire katana/fist and godhands(6x mod with fire imperil)... should work or ::ink::

19. IvaNL

IvaNL Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame, Sophia , GLS , Jecht ,
    Seems everyone got pest probelm these days , I got mine too and I called my personal pest terminator kurasame and my old fren VotF to deal with it. Cleared with my pretty boy without evade.::rudecat11:: Proud of them.

Ferax likes this.
  20. IronAxe125

IronAxe125 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Loren, Sieg
    He was easily raped with 2X fire Hyoh and I threw in Sieg's LB at the end just to make sure.

Broke with Loren, 2 turns with just flame blade then onthe 3rd used Hyoh's LB at around 55% and he melted