1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

GL Buffs to units

Discussion in 'General' started by Daedrin, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Daedrin

Daedrin Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Would they disclose whether Kunshira/Yuraisha/Lasswell are getting "GL Upgrades"? From my understanding, no NV/NVA unit has gotten an upgrade yet?

On JP side, Starlight Elena and Yoshikiri got massive buffs.

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    To say what Gumi will do or not is impossible. Sometimes they communicate, sometimes they don't.
    Holy shit, Yoshikiris JP skills are nuts compared to his "weak" GL counterpart.

But we know three things for sure if we ask if our dumpsterfires get buffed or enhanced:
    1: Gumi
    2: GL is can't have nice things
    3: JP is still 4-6 months in front of our power level
    4: Normal enhancements are more or less a thing of the past
    5: We can just lowkey hope for 2* NV upgrades like Cloud got them

frithsblessing, M!to and Isaac like this.
  3. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Fixed that for you.

You're welcome.

RaagisEd, Isaac, Shr and 3 others like this.
  4. AQMystic

AQMystic "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    If they plan on buffing them, they would've announced it in the in-game news like they always do when buffing units or changing them compared to JP

Looking at JP Yoshikiri kit, I won't really say its a massive buff, the difference I see is that they compressed the imbue imperil skills into one skill, their Yoshi lost 150% LB dmg buff which is one of his main selling points as a support unit in exchange JP Yoshi got perma access to 50% LB dmg buff which is undispellable, they gave him MM Xon's smoke bomb ability

So I'd say JP Yoshi isn't really buffed in JP but changed to something different utility wise, the only advantage JP Yoshi has over GL Yoshi is the 300% stat buff and the 10k Barrier, however GL Yoshi has better killer buff albeit only by 10% and the 150% LB dmg buff

Edit: The one thing massively buffed on JP Yoshi that I really consider massive is his TMR, I mean why didn't Gumi think of doing that, although in JP's current meta, if they didn't buffed his TMR, it's pretty much DoA on JP meta, so the buff is needed for TMR

SummonerBWM likes this.
  5. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    Massive buffs? JP elena is signficantly weaker than GL elena and Yoshikiri functions as a completely different unit.

Anyways, Elena and Yoshikiri are considered "different units" on JP to avoid all the "GL getting nerfed units" discussion.

SummonerBWM likes this.
  6. Weekendlover

Weekendlover Well-Known Member

No buffs and jp elena looks mediocre.