1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Got Pyro Glacial Lasswell and need some suggestions for build

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Alantor30, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Alantor30

Alantor30 Active Member

After a few days ago, I finally got Pyro Glacial Lasswell and I have already awaken to a 7 Star. So I am looking for suggestions for builds. Now I want a build that has him equipped with Crimson Saber and Purple Lighting as well as Lasswell's Clothes and his Insignia. So I am looking for suggested materia to have him into a lean mean fighting machine. Any suggestions would be nice.

2. Xacques

Xacques Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Reberta, VD, Tidus,Lila, Barba, Mateus
    100<x
    Dont you have anything better other than Crimson Saber amd Purple Lightning??? I meab they are pretty dope but they could be better... Also, go with Ice Lasswell cuz he has ice imperil, not fire

Seven likes this.
  3. Alantor30

Alantor30 Active Member

Hmm... But could you upgrade Crimson and Purple Lightning through the Steel Castle event? I mean, given the right upgrades, they can be pretty powerful.

4. joshvengard

joshvengard Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    Any weapon can be powerful when upgraded in steel castle, so theyre not outstanding, purple lightning gives you extra 40% attack, so it can be a part of the build, i would recommend flaming blade agni if you really want the extra hp, tho thatll lock you to fire element, as for materias, i dont know what you have, so the standard ones would be katana and greatsword mastery, and you can fill the others with any % increase attack you have, once again, i dont know which you have or what TMRs, so its mostly up to you.

Xacques likes this.
  5. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis Well-Known Member

I use hyomonto and a great sword, other builds use agni and masamune/sasuke katana

6. kingCobyDaSavage

kingCobyDaSavage Well-Known Member

I personally go with hyonmoto and hoemaru together ... currently farming a flaming blade Agni to as well ... I use Adv lvl 5, katana masterey, his own TMR, and whatever generic 40% ATk materia or killer material depending on what I’m doing ... got my worm up to 1930 attack

7. RadioFr33Europe

RadioFr33Europe Active Member

Global ID:
    Don’t forget his LB. Having it leveled turns him into a great flex chainer / finisher.

8. Matthew138

Matthew138 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    He can imperil fire or ice, his lb at max does each at 100%. I run mine with flaming blade agni and sephiroths tmr or any other powerful katana you can get your hands on. Reagan’s tmr is also great on him.

Xacques likes this.
  9. Poots

Poots "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, Hyoh, Barbie. Others on request.
    PG Laswell with Crimson Saber and Purple Lightning is actually a very good setup for a new player (not good for a veteran). Since Laswell gets an extra 40% attack from Purple Lightning, it's actually a great weapon for him, and while Crimson's is mediocre attack, it is a cheap, easy way to get some elemental chains going. Especially since you can chain Obliterating/Absolute Mirror of Equity with Auron's Gnawing Flame or Yun (who is often geared for Fire)'s Perfect Strikes.
    Assuming you don't have many TMs yet, I'd let Laswell's weapons stay as is for now. Focus on getting better accessories and materia - Katana Mastery (Chizoru's TM) and Large Sword Mastery (Beasts of the Dark trial) are essential, a Fury Ring from Mama Chocobo in Gungan (season 2) is very useful. You'll also want to replace the armor on him, but that can wait until you pull the right units for TM farming and until you've got a Ribbon for status protection.

10. Jatabo

Jatabo Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    What I never understood is why the Crimson Saber can´t apply its special buffs to PG Laswell, even though he technically "bonded" with it during his mini story.

21er likes this.
  11. Cabbage

Cabbage "Hall of Fame" Member

It’s good to get a variety of elemental katanas and great swords for him since if you’re pairing him with a friend chainer, you might have to change your equipment to work with theirs. In addition to fire and ice, Light would be good to have so like Excalibur or Lightbringer (FFBE).

Aloha Lasswell’s Colorful Lei is good for him, as is Adam Jensen’s TF29 Agent.

Nice luck on the pull, Lasswell will good for a long while!

12. Toonces

Toonces Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Beatrix, BS Sakura, KM event
    I usually use Hyomonto and a non elemental great sword. Other standard equips are Black Cowl, Hyoh’s Clothes, Colorful Lei, Desch’s Earring, Azure Crimson Soul, Katana Mastery, Proud Fencer, and adventurer v. Close to 2000 atk and bulky..