1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Greg Kai, Balthier and a plethora of Forelskets

Discussion in 'Guides' started by b3l14l, Apr 17, 2019.

1. b3l14l

b3l14l "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    So I think my next target on my bucket list Muramasa. I was looking around to see if there and newer strategies since my turn 5 Cid kill hasn't worked out for me. I came across this:

Now I'm not one to scoff at cheese strategies, and since I plan to cap off my Balthier after grinding up some crysts and I have a small army of Forelsket, I thought this was pretty cool. But I'm a little confused as to how Balthier (and Wayhem for that matter) survived for 385 turns? Anyone have any ideas?

Scheich and Seven like this.
  2. Seven

Seven Basically Active Number Cruncher Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    Full evade on all of them and a super whale build?

3. b3l14l

Global ID:
    Well, the chefs can hide for 2 turns with their Gather Ingredients skill. But I think that means Balthier and Wayhem are standing out in the open to take the full wrath of ol' Greg. Not sure how their not face down in the dirt. 'Specially after 385 turns!

Yeah, in the description the guy has a pretty beffy Balthier build. No way I can mimic that, I'm just really interested in their apparent invincibility.

Nouk and Seven like this.
  4. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis Well-Known Member

everytime i think about balthier i think of a build with regina hat, fayt stmr, olive stmr, cg bartz tmr, cg lighting stmr, prompto stmr and his own stmr. certainly he could have like 3 slots for killers, it would be so OP

Seven likes this.
  5. b3l14l

Global ID:
    I have Fayt's STMR. Gettin' close ::ink::

TheKillingJoke and Seven like this.
  6. Seven

Seven Basically Active Number Cruncher Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    None; this may be a hard case to crack
    I have his own STMR. Almost there

TheKillingJoke and b3l14l like this.
  7. Stigma999

Stigma999 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    PG Lasswell, Chow, or bonus units
    You know. Balthier cheese strat needs all unit with a hide skill, including balthier himself. Usually this strat use 2 Xon 2 forelsket and one wayhem. The only thing you have to do is hide until balthier rapid shot available, and test it. If it hits 6 (12 dual wield) times soft reset, and chain with forelsket and buff balthie with wayhem then fit rapid shot into the chain. If it hits less than 6, soft reset and then hide all units and do it all again untill rng give you rapid shot 6 times.

TheKillingJoke, b3l14l and aa25 like this.
  8. b3l14l

Global ID:
    Ah, I just saw he has Concealing Cloth on Balthier. I see. I missed that. Thnx ::up::

9. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis Well-Known Member

i have omega and fayt, almost there::ink::. (but when i think that im planning for cg lightning stmr, one bartz tmr and already 3 olives, it feels like its only halfway -only not, really::ink::)

Seven and TheKillingJoke like this.
  10. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast The Red Pompom VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    dang that's one big whale ::ink::

Seven likes this.