1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Grumpy is trash

Discussion in 'General' started by daima, Sep 13, 2020.

1. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

Hey guys,

on this topic, we stay positive. We dont argue. We just say what we like about the game and why we stay motivated to play it :)

[​IMG]

For my part, I'm a sucker on FFBE's OST even if i mostly play with the sound off except trials, DV and challenge of the braves to give me the right mood to tackle them.

I really like all the pixel art and animations they have done with this game. Except OG Fang which was a mess, I didnt play FFXIII, for me it was some kind of guy or gorilla, I was shocked looking at who she is years after.

Finally the preparations during weeks for trials and DV, the theory crafting and such are something I really like. Every time it remembers me CD3 of FF7 when you prepare yourself to defeat the two Weapons and all the hours spent to unlock golden chocobo, do arena for omnislash, level some of your materia by giving elixirs to pot enemies and so on.

Jianto, Tamamo05, Linkino and 8 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    RCloud, RAerith, NV Lasswell, Tifa
    Okay, confession bear... I love the OST. I'll even wait on the final turn of trials so that my killing blow is animating through the most dramatic/climactic part of the music.

I also really like the theory crafting. It's actually my favorite part of the game, figuring out how to build and outfit my team.

Scheich, Xacques, Nina and 2 others like this.
  3. Hollis

Hollis Skipperoni VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    I play the game due to the fact that I grew up with many final fantasy series as my game...
    and therefore I still play ffbe due to nostalgia factor

LurkerRamza, Jianto, Cylian and 6 others like this.
  4. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Aerith, Edel
    Clickbait title?

Anyway I like the characters. Sometimes we only had sketchy introductions for FFBE units and I haven't played all FFBE titles, so often there were bits and pieces to build on but I made up a lot of "lore" in my head about how these personalities would interact, how they would support each other, I even ended up shipping some of them... ::happy:::oops::-P

I only turn on the music for FF7 weeks, it wasn't the first FF game I played, I played it many years after it came out, but it has the most amazing music (for me at least).

EyaslunaNL, Nixilu, Fabell and 6 others like this.
  5. EchoEchoPotato

EchoEchoPotato Ascended Member

Global ID:
    653 604 288
    Leads:
    Yoshikiri/Event/NVCloud/Tifa/Loren
    I'll agree the new trial music is friggin great.
    Basically only time I play with sound, except for when theres a FFIX event. The Pandemonium event that had "Not Alone" playing, for instance. Turned the volume all the way up and stood in the kitchen window, burning through almost an entire pack of smokes. Just listening and nostalgiaing, hard.

What keeps me playing is team building though. With the sheer amount of options on units, thats one thing this game has nailed.

Cylian and TheKillingJoke like this.
  6. Hollis

Hollis Skipperoni VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    back to the topic, gumpi is trash ::exdeath::

7. ElfLord

ElfLord Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    i just play this game because have no idea why but still log in once a day for 15minutes been doing it almost 5 months now LOL
    (sometimes spend an hour if i feel like to grind)

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  8. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    Community
    Trials
    When i finally built a unit up after a week or two

Cylian, ElfLord, Climhz and 2 others like this.
  9. Danziger

Danziger VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Nostalgia factor as in for my love of JRPGs in general.
    I've played lots of JRPG titles since 1997 FFVII came out. Even though it's a mobile game it's still one of best JRPG that I've ever played.

Although I play for the technical part of the game, not for the story unlike the other JRPGs.

I love the fact that this game has an extremely high level of complexity. Even though people are playing it for three to four years no one can truly say that he/she knows EVERYTHING about the mechanics.

The direction this game is going with NV and DV I have no problem with. NV is a good development for this game imo. I enjoy every second of DV with the acceptance of my limitations of units. The OST is nice. Most of the sprites are looking fine. The gamble is interesting/exciting too ;)

And ofc the community.

So yeah, there's lots of good stuff about this game.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Linkino, Cylian, Prime2u and 2 others like this.
  10. Thiago Amorim Neves Reis

Thiago Amorim Neves Reis "Hall of Fame" Member

I think it nas the best strategy I have Seen, I have good memories of Terra and Bart and I am a sucker for old style games. Almost every 3D hurt my eyes/soul

Cylian likes this.
  11. fireflyege

fireflyege "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    You could do an appreciation thread without a clickbait title, you know.

Anyway, I an motivated because it is a game and I have fun except some slight issues about the game.

Cylian likes this.
  12. Climhz

Climhz Ascended Member

I can't believe the community of this game, a lot of fun and courage for each member, even new noob player and... Senturion ::bard::

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  13. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] + ( ( ) = ? VIP Supporter

Leads:
    The Mugs to the chair.
    I think i ll stick to topic too.

Danziger likes this.
  14. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    this is so me 100% lol

15. DarkStarSquall

DarkStarSquall "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Probably NV
    >189
    Ost
    I hope it will someday become a part of distant worlds <3
    Still waiting for them to visit my country again xd
    Also I like to grind (in some way) and collect so a perfect target for gumi I guess.

16. Hollis

Hollis Skipperoni VIP

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    Yeah gumpi is trash

Danziger likes this.
  17. KylarHaern

KylarHaern "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BB Rem, WHR, ACC, Sol
    You

You all are the best part of FFBE for me.

This community! The game is a game - now that I am hoarding stuff its actually much better. I don't have any cool NV units outside of Tifa and I'm fine. I haven't even attempted the most recent trials and such and my last DV was terrible but I think the Ace/Rem banner was a breaking point. I realized I was investing too much into this and its so much better to just live in the moment. I never got anything beyond a yellow on the 4 pulls and it didn't bother me!

When I do pull - it'll be fun to track how much I actually get that's useful. But I won't go in with any expectations!

Oh and the LBs...I do like those (the 1 time i watch them)

Nixilu, EchoEchoPotato and Pristan like this.
  18. TheWillAndTheWay

TheWillAndTheWay "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Relevant event units.
    Season 3 is terrible including the music.

19. Pristan

Pristan Sane Adjacent VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I like playing with the sprites -- I'll actually open the pokedex and watch the animations sometimes.
    And while I don't like "the grind" I kinda like a little grinding as in "Look how I incrementally move towards a goal." I try to set fun goals for stuff and not just "get 'da ticket at 80k." I tend not to discuss these goals because I am aware that they might sound a little... strange.

Nixilu, EchoEchoPotato and Cylian like this.
  20. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    I really enjoy the story (I'm stuck at early season 2 yet, lots of goodies to come still, I'm a sucker for father & son/daughter stories and the Raegen/Lasswell bonding is what I'm here for. Who was Rain again?)

I used to discuss and theorize about the story since the latest chapters of season 1 with a friend I made in this forum ::happy::

I also adore the soundtrack and listen to it ~95% of the time when playing, I have fun pulling new Lasswell units and find out how well I can equip them (which isn't an every week occurrence because I'm only interested in a hand full of units which are mostly Lasswell, I basically ignored Tifa for the most part), I have fun playing (once a day suffices for the most part for me), it's a daily repetitive thing which is kinda soothing/satisfying on its own, and and AND I love the community and the fact I was crowned Kitten Queen of my own murder village! ::happy:: ... what do you mean, "stop bending the narrative in your favour?" That's silly. This is totally what happened.
    I made many friends here, some of which are very close and transcended the borders of this forum into more private realms. Yay!

All in all, without this game, I wouldn't be nearly where I am now. And my English would be way worse.

In my heart, Nichol and Jake will live happily ever after together after riding off into the sunset ::rudecat17::