1. Users are hosting a huge giveaway for the 2nd year anniversary event with $380 in prizes! - Check out the thread for more details here!
  2. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  3. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  4. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  5. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  6. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Guide] Conqueror of Izander - Crafting/Progession/Summoning Items for New Players

Discussion in 'Guides' started by aa25, Jun 6, 2018.

1. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    Well, we get another awesome raid to farm a lot of goodies again. This time is a bit different since this guide is written at the time of the 1st rerun of the event, but based on my experience from the original run.

First of all, copy and paste from my previous post.

This guide is written specifically for New Players and all comparisons are made with non-limited and non-TMR items only, i.e. only items from the Main Story or easy permanent trials. Basically, if anyone decides to pick up the game right now, this guide should more or less reflect what he/she can obtain in a near future.

Progression: There is no notable items from the progression in this event, except the required item to craft Lightbringer.

Crafting: The items you can craft from this Raid are pretty good. Some of them also gives an extra ability to the event-related units (Ray Jack, Barusa, Kaliva, and Toby). I won't include those abilities when I talk about each of the items though. In addition, all crafting weapons are elemental. You will hear me mumbling about single/dual-element build a bit in the end.
    Crag Splitter (56 ATK, 15 DEF, +5% HP, Earth element, Greatsword): This is a decent weapon. Not because it's offensive stats, but it's defensive stats for tanks. When it comes to tanks, there are not many weapons that provide defensive stats, which makes the tank's weapon slot mostly useless. The 15 DEF and +5% HP is not very impressive, but definitely better than nothing. Another thing that this weapon bring is Earth element. While the ATK is kinda too low to be useful in general, it still has some situational use. Overall, Earth imperil and units that are centered around Earth element are rare. If they are your damage dealers, you may be able to utilize this weapon (e.g. if you Aileen is still waiting for her Artisan). I would craft 1 or 2 for your tanks, or may be one or two more if you are running Earth-element-centric team.
    Salamander's Gauntlets (66 ATK, Fire element, Fist): This one is a decent offensive weapon. For a Fist, at 66 ATK is quite nice and stronger than most Fist available in the main story (only weaker than Dragon Claws, which is buyable from Fat Chocobo, and Aigaion Arm, which is a reward from one of the difficult trials). If we compare this to other types of weapon as well, 66 ATK is not really that good, but for a fist, it is serviceable. Fire imperil is also very common. You can equip this weapon on your chainer (assume he/she can use Fist) just to gain fire element attribute to chain and benefit from fire imperil. (Keep in mind that higher ATK doesn't always mean high Damage output.) There are quite a lot of chainer who can use and preferred Fist as well. As usual, one or two for your chainers should be enough.
    Wing Edges (45 ATK, Wind element, 5% phy evade, Dagger): Another okay-ish weapon. 45 ATK is quite bad, and Dagger is not really that good weapon type since not many units gain benefit from it (I can only think of Emilia and Nyx. Emilia is limited, and Nyx prefers fire element). It is a wind element weapon, which makes it handy in a wind element team. Wind imperil is not that common though. Nonetheless, it gives 5% physical evade. If you're into evade build, this is not bad at all. I would craft one, if you need a wind element weapon or for it's 5% evade. Otherwise, you can skip it.
    Staff of Blizzards (16 ATK, 78 MAG, Water element, Rod): This is a good weapon. Before we go into details, I don't know why an item called "Staff of Blizzards" is actually a water element rod. The Staff => Rod is understandable to maintain the lore. But why water ? Anyway, at 78 MAG, this is only weaker than Rod of Judgement (81 MAG), which is buyable from Fat Chocobo and is arguable not a good investment. So this weapon will be useful for you mage for a while until you get your hand on some TMR. The water element part also let for some mage who has ability that is classified as physical attack (Rem's Dagger Boomerang, for example) or Hybrid damage dealer (like Kunshira) to benefit from water imperil. While water imperil is not that common, but since Tidus hype-mist is still floating around, this is not a bad option at all for now. Again, 1 or 2 for your mage is probably enough.
    Grasping Sphere (133 HP, 28 DEF, 28 SPR, Earth resistance +30%): Okay, this one is freaking good. The main reason is the 28 SPR. Most shields provide only DEF, and DEF is easily obtained from other equipment type. When you need to gear your team for high SPR, this shield is very very handy. Even though we have mag AoE cover tanks these days, keep in mind that, in many case, the most effective team is a team with a phy AoE cover tank (you can't have active phy and mag AoE cover tank at the same time). In those situation, you may have to gear your team for high SPR and let your entire team take mag damage. (Keep in mind, mag AoE cover tank is an option, not a magical tank that will make you win in any situations. Use them when they are effective. Not all bosses/trials require a mag AoE cover tank.) Being a light shield also lets many units use it. Some healers (Roselia, for example) can also use light shield which makes this shield becomes very versatile. The 133 HP is not much. It is equivalent to about 5% HP for very fragile units, or may be 2-3% for average units. The 30% Earth element is not bad. Good option when you need to gear your team for it as well. I would try to craft this for quite a lot. Five would be nice to make sure every units in your team can use it when needed. Or you can craft more than that for 10-man trials. (At the time I'm writing this, I'm rank 133 and my support units still use this shield when I do trials).
    Edit: As pointed out by worldchicken, once you get 'Equip L Shield' materia from Vault quest line, you can also give this shield to anyone that needs it by using that materia (if that unit can't equip L shield innately).​
    Lightbringer (96 ATK, Light element, Sword, limited to 1): This is quite a good weapon. 96 ATK for a sword is pretty good (it's the 8th strongest sword in the entire game, and the highest among all weapon from the main story). Light element is also preferred by Orlandeau chaining family and light imperil is quite common which makes this weapon very versatile. This can be your main weapon until you get better light element weapon like Excalibur or Excalibur II. (The timing of this rerun is awkward since it is right after another raid that gives Excalibur for free. This timing makes the value of this weapon drops quite a lot.) Even you already have better light element weapon, having another one wouldn't hurt (e.g. for 10-man trial). I would say it is up to you whether your want to craft this. But if you still don't have light elemental weapon and you are running anyone in Orlandeau family (especially the main branch - Orlandeua, Agrias, Veritas of the Dark, Sephiroth), you definitely should grab it.​

Special note on elemental weapon: This batch of crafting weapons provide a lot of element weapon. I think I should mention about this a bit that, in general, dual-wielding two different elemental-weapon is not always a good idea, even though it gives you higher ATK that way. The main reason is when it comes to elemental weapon, the most effective way to amplify your damage output is casting imperil along side with it. Most of solid or commonly recommended damage dealers will have imperil in there kits already. The way elemental resistance/weakness in FFBE works is that it takes the total 'elements' of the attacker and check with the 'average' resistance/weakness of the defender. For example, if you dual-wield fire and ice weapon and the monster has -50% fire resistance, but 100% ice resistance, the monster's average resistance will be 25%. So you will deal 25% less damage with dual fire/ice element. On the other hand, if you dual-wield a fire element and a non-element weapon, the monster's average resistance will be -50% (from fire alone), you will deal 50% more damage in this set up. Some abilities also have innate element (like Fryevia's Frost Flower Blitz which has ice element innately). If you let Fryevia single-wield a light element weapon, her Frost Flower Blitz will still become dual-element (ice+light). As you can imagine, there are exception when dual-element can be good, i.e. when you can imperil both element for the same amount (which is not always easy). Even so, some monster may have high resistance against on or the other element, which makes your damage dealer become far less versatile. Dual-element has a pros though. When you chain a pair of dual-element chainers of the same dual-elements, the chain modifier will reach it's max value faster than single element chain. In the end, I would say it is up to you if you want to build your team that way (dual-element), but make sure you know what you are doing.​

Summoning: In this raid, you can also summon 5% moogle for the raid specific unit's TMR. I will mumble about each of them.
    White Knight's Soul (40% ATK when equipped with a Helm, 40% DEF when equipped with a Heavy Armor, Ray Jack's TMR): Decent TMR. It gives 40% ATK which is tied to equipping Helm, not weapon types. This can be handy, especially if your damage dealer doesn't have preferred weapon type and you switch the weapon all the time. The 40% DEF is also handy, both on your tank and dmg dealer (dmg dealer tends to have low defensive stats, so some extra for more survivability doesn't hurt).
    Unmatched Wizardry (10% SPR, 50% equipment MG stats when single-wield any weapon, Kaliva's TMR): This is very unique TMR. It basically grant DH effect on MAG (DH and TDH usually grant effect on ATK). Giving that most mag ecan only equip one weapon and not shields, this TMR can be very good for many unit. On top of that, some mage, like Trance Terra, who reaches 300% MAG boost very easily can benefit a lot from this TMR as well. Like typical DH/TDH gear, the more equipment with flat MAG stats, the better this TMR becomes. If you don't have many equipment, make sure to check if equipping this TMR is better or worse than typical 20% or 30% MAG materia.
    Cowered Courage (30% DEF, 30% Earth resistance, gain ability to cast AoE 30% phy dmg mitigation, Barusa's TMR): This is a freaking good TMR. The main reason is the ability that you get from equipping it which gives an AoE physical damage mitigation. Note that this type of dmg mitigation does stack with other dmg mitigation that doesn't specify damage type (like Crowe's Veritas of Earth's, or BS Sakura's). Casting them together results in 45%-50% total reduction in incoming physical damage which is freaking huge. The 30% DEF and 30% Earth resistance is also nice. Note that, you don't need to give this to your tank. Anyone who has free turns will do.
    Turbulent Evasion (10% ATK, 5% phy evasion, 20% Wind resistance, Toby's TMR): The 10% ATK is nothing special. The 5% evade is what makes this TMR standout a bit. If you are into that build, this TMR can be handy. The 20% Wind resistance can be handy when you need it as well.

Special note on pulling for King's Knight units: First of all, don't quote me on this. The thing is, these units have very good/great/awesome TMR and if you do the raid, you are likely going to get 100% trust for them. However, the timing is a bit bad. Rumors say that we are having an anniversary event next week, potentially overlap with the second week of this banner. If you are running low on resources or not sure what to do, you can always wait until you hear the in-game news next week before making decision if you want to pull these units. Keep in mind that, they may be strong TMR, but I don't think they are not necessary. You will be able to progress and beat bosses/trials just fine without them (personal experience).​

I guess that's all for this event. As usual, let me know if I made any mistakes. Comments/suggestions are welcomed.

Numbers/stats are from https://exvius.gamepedia.com

Edit: Add info about Equip L Shield as pointed out by worldchicken. (Thx!!) and some minor adjust wording.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  2. worldchicken

worldchicken Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus/TT/Barbie/Event/Request
    Great guide, as usual. I personally love all of these crafts and still use them (elemental weapons are great for clearing XX damage type missions).

Only thing I would add is that this is a light shield, which any unit can equip once you get Equip L Shield (Key quests) or Gauntlets (Chocobo Mama, granted this is in Season 2, so really new players won't have access yet).

aa25 likes this.
  3. Dino

Dino Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    don't forget to add when barusa equips his tmr he gains a special ability which chains with xtine :) go go little barusa *dino*

4. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT
    The easiest one I can think of is Orlandeau + Fryevia since they chain together now, equipping ice + light on each should take advantage of both imperils.

5. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    I intentionally omit all the extra moves that the banner units get from equipping those equipment to make this guide more of a broad view of each item. Some

That pair is a bit tricky to say. Fryeiva's imperil is 75%, but Orlandeau's is 50%. So dual ice/light elements would make it gain less from the imperil. But dual-element will ramp the damage up faster. I don't know whether it will be better or worse in the end.

6. Kaladin

Kaladin Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTT
    I tested at the training dummy.
    Using Fry+Seph(already had him set up) with ice/light weapons, I averaged 11.1mil per turn with a high of 11.8mil.

When I used Fry, ice only + Seph, light only: average of 10.3 mil with a high of 11 mil.

With both, ice only: average of 11.4mil with a high of 12.1mil.

Well... I thought there'd be a bigger difference. That didn't really help me.

aa25 likes this.
  7. aa25

aa25 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive
    Thanks for testing it out. If the damage outputs are not that much different ( dual ice/light vs. ice only), going for single element may be better to avoid monster with resistance.

Technically speaking, Fryevia is probably the reason since she loses quite a lot of her stats when equipped with Lightbringer.

Personally, I prefer single element since it has less chance to run into enemies that resist against it than dual element. Granted, you can always check stats first. Probably just my playstyle.

8. Pooch

Pooch Active Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    OK / eAileen
    Good work, my friend. If you ever need help creating or editing these, let me know.

And yes, Grasping Sphere is a really good shield for a really long time.