1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Guide] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Item Crafting

Discussion in 'Guides' started by aa25, Aug 24, 2018.

1. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive/Rena
    First of all, I think I will try to expand the target audience a little bit this time. To make my life simple, I will still compare to only items that can be obtained in a future. I won't make a comparison with items rewarded in past events, unless there is something unique about them. I will still focus on new players as usual. I hope this guide is useful for people.

Progression:
    • Kaiser Knuckles (101 ATK, Wind element, Fists) - This is Xiao's TMR. Technically speaking, this is the forth highest ATK Fist in the game. As usually, elemental weapons are always good to have. Although, Wind element for physical chainer is kinda rare/useless (see last bullet point). Wind element chain has been dominated by Tornado Family which is a magic chain family, and doesn't really need a weapon. This makes the use of this weapon probably limited to finishers.
      • One good part of being Wind element is that the Tornado chain which can create a very long chain window from dual-casting Tornado twice (this is not for maximizing dmg from the chain itself) or a freaking long with triple-casting. This helps broadening finisher choice for the team a lot.
      • Fists (and Hammers to a degree) are sorta weird weapon choice. They have nice (okay for Hammers) masteries to support, but those masteries are in form of equipment (Snow's TMR Muscle Belt and Yun's TMR Crimson Slayer for Fists and Riley's TMR Pioneer Glove for Hammers).
      • I don't recall many Wind element weapon in the game, set aside those with high ATK.
      • One competing Wind element weapon is Fierce Bow which is a two-handed bow from Star Ocean Raid event.
      • Some uncommonly-used wind element physical chainers and Fohlen and Veritas of Heavens.
    Crafting items: The craftable items this round are quite interesting and most of them are quite situational.
    • Linebacker G-87 MSGL (100 ATK, Fire element, Two-handed, Guns, Limited to 1 copy): As other two-handed Guns, this weapon comes with 150% average weapon variance (130%-170% range) and it is also an elemental weapon. This is a solid weapon for fire element finishers out there or some TDH chainer who can use Guns.
      • Speculation: Olive may like this gun a bit. While her BiS probably still includes her own TMR Sparky, there is a solid TDH build for her using two-handed Gun like Jean's TMR Machine Gun+. Olive herself also has fire as a secondary preferred element (Napalm Grenade and Immolation Blast inflict fire imperil for 50% and 100% respectively). I don't think her flow with fire element will be as good as lightning, but it is definitely a choice against lightning-resisted bosses. Again, not as a primary weapon choice, but more like a back up.
      • Fire imperil is quite common, so there are many teams that can utilize this. For example, Raegen (he can equip gun as well), Ace, Olive, and Baltheir.
    • Zenith ZAP (30 ATK, 80% chance to inflict Paralyze, Lighting element, Guns): This is quite a terrible Gun due to it's low ATK. Having innate lightning element is nice but having such a low ATK makes it not much different from other lightning weapons with better weapon types, such as Raikiri (60 ATK, Katana), Thunder Spear (48 ATK, Spear), Coral Sword (33 ATK, Sword). I would craft may be one or two for Arena use, or even skip it if you don't want to.
      • This weapon actually has quite a nice use in Arena. Amelia will love this gun a lot. With this gun equipped, she can inflict both Stop and Paralyze with her Ricochet. Not bad at all.
    • TITAN (5 ATK, 10% HP, 20% MAG, Accessory): This is a pretty good accessory for mages. 20% MAG is one standard bonus you can get from an accessory (Earrings which you can buy for 50 Star Quartz). This accessory also comes with 10% HP which is very nice for mages who tend to have low HP and make it quite versatile. 10% HP is not that rare on an accessory (Muscle Belt is the standard one for this). But still, getting this for free from Raid is very nice. I recommend you craft this one at the very least 4 for your magic chainers in 10-man trials. If you can craft more for the 10% HP for the rest of your team as well if you still don't have any better accesorryies.
    • EMP Granade (45 ATK, granted ability EMP, Throwing Weapon): This is an okay-ish throwing weapon, imo. The thing is, there are not many unit who prefers Throwing Weapon, and those who do prefer Fixed Dice. On top of everything else, Throwing Weapon doesn't have any mastery to support it. This weapon doesn't have anything standout as a Throwing Weapon, imo. However, it grants the unit an interesting ability, called EMP, which is a Fixed attack dealing physical damage. The Fixed attack type is very rare and, according this wiki page, it bypasses a lot of annoying things. This makes this weapon becomes more of a good-to-have-around-when-needed. I'm not sure how the killer buff works, but I assume it applies before the damage is dealt to the enemy. Note that Fixed attack is not affected by Dual-wield or weapon element on the other hand slot (like Xon's Waylay). I would craft at least one just in case.
    • Côte d'Azur S.O.W. (10 ATK, lightning element, grant Machine Killer+, two-handed, Guns) This is a very interesting weapon, imo. Again, it is a two-handed gun with 150% average weapon variance. It also comes with Machine Killer+ (increase physical and magical dmg 75% against machine). While the weapon itself doesn't give you much in term of base ATK, but the killer effect and the weapon variance do make up for it. It also comes with lightning element which lets it benefit from lightning imperil. Depend on the situation, this weapon can be an excellent choice instead of typical weapon with high ATK. I would definitely craft 1 or 2.
      • To a certain extend, this weapon is similar to Fixed Dice. Fixed Dice comes with 1 ATK and 385% average weapon variance (3.85x dmg mod). This weapon against machine type monster with at least 50% innate lightning weakness nets you with weapon variance (1.5x) * killer effect (1.75x) * lightning weakness(1.5x) = ~3.93x dmg mod. Although, you may need TDH build to fully benefit from it.
      • One weird way of using this is to give it to Trance Terra or any other mage who can use Guns to benefit from Machine Killer+. This, imo, works well only when the main sources of your mage's MAG is not Rods. (It eventually will. The three highest MAG mastery require Rods; Dark Bond, Rod Mastery, and Quintessence). Since this is a two-handed weapon, using it means no Rods.
    • Nuke Virus Software (15 ATK, granted ability Nuke Virus Software, Accessory): This is an okay-ish accessory. The 15 ATK is nothing to write home about, even with a full TDH build. The interesting part is the Nuke Virus Software which is basically 25% physical Machine killer effect. Equipping two of this nets you a 50% Machine Killer in accessory slots. Not bad at all, giving that Machine Killer is arguable one of the rarest killers since none of the espers that we have currently grant it. And, as many have pointed out, Machine type monsters/bosses are quite common as well. I would craft one or two pairs just for the killer effect. I don't see 15 ATK being much useful in general situations.
    All right, that's it, guys. Let me know if I made any mistake. Any suggestions/comments are welcomed.

Credits: Numbers are from https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Edit: Typos.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    Fluke, bwnyc, Pooch and 10 others like this.
  2. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Kaiser Knickles. My first TMRs. I farmed two of them for Yun back in the day.

Carnefix and Sustainer like this.
  3. Sustainer

Sustainer The Engineer VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Dynamic? :D
    I think I DWed Kaiser Fist/Excalibur on Firion early days... lol
    edit:
    Like when he was 5* max, not the turbo killer at 6* lol..

Jman1115 likes this.
  4. Breno

Breno Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Depends of the event
    As someone that still uses a lot of 20% MAG accesories ( Earrings, magical scrunchie) I'm gonna craft like 15-20 of the TITAN. Not only for 10 -man but also for arena, because I don't like moving my equipment around. On that note, the lighthing gun should be really good on amelia. Thanks for the effort on the post.

god.nomad likes this.
  5. Arekusu

Arekusu Ascended Member

I can’t think of a single situation except massive fire weakness trials like ice bird for Olive to use Linebacker over her own TMR.

You lose a decent amt of attack from passives, but the important thing is the LB damage. 7* Olive is built around her LB and you need Sparky to push it over the top. Any other weapon = gimp LB. Also, Olive is built around DH, so TDH would be hard for her to do and result in you losing a ton of raw atk.

Overall, all this stuff is completely free for just playing even if I don’t think any of it is all that great. Free niche stuff is still cool!

6. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/eOlive/Rena
    Actually, she doesn't lose much at all due to the 150% weapon variance of two-handed gun. According to this builder, https://ffbeequip.com/builder.html

Sparky build, no STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#faa32870-a7eb-11e8-9a54-c928a3c07b3c, her average raw dmg against 100 DEF enemy is 100,835
    Linebacker build, no STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#27fca7b0-a7ec-11e8-9a54-c928a3c07b3c, her average raw dmg against 100 DEF enemy is 108,717

Sparky build, with STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#b5b3a590-a7ec-11e8-9a54-c928a3c07b3c, her average raw dmg against 100 DEF enemy is 113,245 (one materia slot open since she hits both caps).
    Linebacker build, with STMR - http://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#46b3d070-a7ec-11e8-9a54-c928a3c07b3c, her average raw dmg against 100 DEF enemy is 142,417

I do agree losing 20% dmg from her LB does hurt her a bit. But overall, either Spark or Linebacker are solid builds for her, especially if you can provide her with external break/imperil.

As I mentioned in my OP, I think Sparky is still better overall. But against enemies/bosses with lightning resistance, Linebacker can be a good alternative.

7. Arekusu

Arekusu Ascended Member

Agreed on all points :)

aa25 likes this.
  8. bwnyc

bwnyc Ascended Member Supporter

Leads:
    Orlandeau, Sephiroth, OK, BSS
    Thanks for the guide, definitely helped to highlight usages for the equipment that I was on the fence about crafting.

9. PikaJew

PikaJew Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandu, T.Terra
    If you're willing to give up using a shield I believe that Victor can use the Côte d'Azur S.O.W. well because his damage is based on Defense, not Attack.