1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Guide][Esper]Bahamut The Megaflare

Discussion in 'Guides' started by kurizu, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    Bahamut
    1. Basic Information

[​IMG]
      • Primary Stats : All
      • Assigned Unit Role : All
      • Color of Megacite : -
      • Region : Realm of The Dragon King
      • Usage : 1* Deals AoE non-elemental magic damage.
    2. Esper Stats
    3. How to Obtain
      Prerequirement: Completing Whole Chapter 1 Story
      Bahamut can be obtained in Realm of The Dragon King - Eternal Summit Zone, It takes a long process to unlock every stage and gain access to final battle with Bahamut:
      • To unlock Realm of The Dragon King, after defeating Chaotic Darkness you need to go to Downtown Zoldaad and speak with Evan (Map #1) who is located in now available part of castle.
      • After speaking with Evan a whole new region will be unlocked on main map.
      • Before starting to explore this region make few preparations :
        • Put Tent into your item list - this zone is a special zone that lets you use Tent as a "exit point" and "save point" in certain locations, this is especially important if you want to unlock all map explorations (each one have different missions to complete).
        • If you are not strong enough to fight monsters or if you are limited with mp resources, be sure at least 2 of your units have escape ability (Rikku + Germinas boots on another unit is most suggested build, Kefka or Xon is alternative too).
        • Be prepared that you will be ambushed in random battles (i.e 2x T-rexes can kill your 4 party members with instant death abilities). Tanks like Wilhelm and Snow with Genji Shield are highly recommended in case of ambushes.
        • Some of monsters give statuses, most annoying might be Petrify, so if you dont have a unit that can heal this status, prepare some gold needles in your item inventory.
        • Each starting point have its own missions, so if you want to complete all achievements, try to start with A and finish with point B. It will also allow you to unlock all map spots in case you would want fo farm some Dragon Killer+ Materias.
      • You cant fight Bahamut immediately, to do so you need to first get to the Summit (center location) and you need to get Rat's Tail which is a drop from special mobs called "Bahamut Shadows".
      • Every exploration on map (Map #2) is in reality one big single map, by selecting certain stage you will start in certain part of map, to unlock each part of map you need to find "resting point" (marked on Map #3 with tent icon) and "Use Tent" - by using tent you simply need to come to campfire and select "yes". After this you will see a typical expedition completion message and you will be able to pick this location as starting point from map. (Overall you need 7 tents).
      • To get Rat Tail you need to first fight with "Bahamut Shadow", on each zone there will be 1 "Bahamut Shadow" that will respawn randomly in one of places marked with red circle (Map #3). After the battle you will have a chance to get 0-2 drop of Rat Tail, you need only 1 Rat Tail to fight a Bahamut but its good idea to get some more, then save progress with campfire spot.
      • Before you will be able to fight Bahamut, you need to at least once complete stage after obtaining Rat's Tail, then set that Rat Tail as a one of your inventory items (like potion, elixir, phoenix down etc.).
      • After you obtain Rat Tail you need to go to summit of Eternity Zone, there you need to go ahead (Screen #1) and a bridge will appear that will let you reach a realy hideout of Bahamut. All thats left is to start a very heavy battle against Bahamut ( his strength is on Trial level so if you come unprepared you will see a fast "game over" screen )

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

4. Bahamut Battle
      A)Whale Version :
      To do it that way you need a pair of one of these unit : Ace, TTerra, Grim Lord Sakura, Fryevia(?)
      Add to that any mage with RoTL (for Alterna) as a chain finisher.
      For Debuffer Role : Light Veritas(74% spr break LB), Delita(65% skill), Timothy(59% LB or 50% skill), 9S(54% LB or 50% skill).
      For Buffer Role : Soleil (100% mag), Zargabaath (60% mag)

Small Example:
      Tactic is simple : just debuff/buff and chain. (P.s you can laugh of how badly I couldnt chain Alterna with Ace chaining xD - i know I suck xD)

Gearing is pretty straightforward : full mag.
      B)Friend Bahamut Cheese Version :
      For this Tactic you need good friend who cleared a Bahamut and can set a Summoner (Rydia or Garnet) with Bahamut as a friend.
      Party Setup should go like this :
      • Debuffer - Timothy or 9S, both have 50% spr skill that is enough for this strategy.
      • Chainers - here there 2 approaches, best one is to chain 2 Shantottos Tornado, the longest animation guarantee you that you wont have a problem with timing Bahamut with their chain. Other alternative is to just pick any 2 chainers with elemental chain (I am assuming you are normal mortal who doesnt do sparks or use macros so elemental chain is the best one), or if you can use POD153 chain if you have it (look at example video to know how to timing Bahamut Summon with POD153 chaining).
      • Friendly Garnet or Rydia, remember to check that unit if that unit is equipped with EVO MAG materias and Bahamut, Garnet can go up to 100% EVO MAG while Rydia up to 90% EVO MAG.

What to do before battle -> instead of going directly to a battle first go little around and go into some fights to max Esper Gauge, try not to die while doing it (since you managed to unlock Summit I will assume you wont have a problem with that). Then proceed to the battle :

Battle Example :
      C)True Legit Clear for normal humans Version :
      Preparations - first that you should focus mainly is how to survive not megaflare but other attacks (Bolt, Snowstorm, Atomic Rain). To do so you should start fire/ice/thunder elemental resistances. Game offer a lot of free stuff in game we can get anytime (and FF14 raid tmrs which helps too). Its best to focus on at least 25-30% of each resistance on every unit, but the more you get, the easier battle will be. Best items to achieve this result are :
      • Dragon Set (Shields, Mail, Helm)
      • Hydaelyn Guard Materia
      • Cat-ear Hood, Soul Crown, Sorcerer's Cape, Force Armor
      What you need in team :
      - Instant mitigation unit, 2 chainers, finisher, buffer, buffer. Tank is not needed for this fight since bahamut physical attack are very weak.

My setup was :
      - 9S (Gear: https://i.imgur.com/3F4wu7o.png)
      - Ashe (Gear: https://i.imgur.com/oaU43QC.png)
      - Rikku (Gear: https://i.imgur.com/Cj4uUv0.png)
      - Soleil (Gear: https://i.imgur.com/kHrQuLa.png)
      - Zyrus (Gear: https://i.imgur.com/x19OxwE.png)

Unfortunately I do understand that Zyrus have some tmrs on it, luckily all of them are 4* unit tmrs at max, Bahamut is a permanent content so you have time to gear yourself.

Turn1 :
      - 9S: Spread Shield.
      - Soleil: Shooting Dance.
      - Zyrus: Blood Curse.
      - Rikku: Limit Break.
      - chainers : Chain attack.

Turn2 :
      - 9S: Spread Shield
      - Soleil: Panzer Dance
      - Rikku: Synthesis
      - Zyrus: Blood Pulsar.
      - chainers: Chain attack.

Turn3 ownard - you will know what to do, if not watch this battle example.

Battle Example :

5. Mission clear in Bahamut Expedition.
      There is one mission in Eternal Summit which gives you 10% Moogle for killing Bahamut and all Shadows, to do that be sure that you set Rat Tail ahead, then prepare for a very long exploration, because your target now is to get into each zone, check all spots (marked with red circle on Map#3 ). If within single zone (zones are marked with red square) you fight a Bahamut Shadow, dont search other spots, just go straight for next zone, also I suggest you to start from left side to right side, because left side have a bomb that if ambushes you, will most likely kill your whole party with AoE suicide skill. It would be a waste if you killed all shadows and met this ugly bomb ambush on the way to real bahamut right.

6. Notable skillset on Bahamut Skill Grid
      Bahamut can only be leveled up to 1* 30 lvl, and his Skill Grid is filled with only stat based nods, thus this section is omitted.

7. Suggested Skill Grid Expansion
      This suggested skill tree was prepared while following these rules :
      • First priority is set on skills
      • Second priority is set on main stats
      • Each 100 stats give your unit additional 1 so maxing stat that wont let your Esper pass another 100x is worthless

[​IMG]
      My reasonings behind this Grid: While its only 4 points, I choose them based on party setup, for now we only have AoE physical cover tank so with assumption that usualy Bahamut will go to your dps and your tank should cover your dps I have decided that def is the least important skill there, also global have more useful Mages and Magical builds than JP so it might be worth putting these 4 points into mag instead.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  2. Squallo

Squallo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT 1k/DV 1k/Aileen/event
    12X
    So is it available now? I've defeated Chaotic Darkness, talked to Evan, he mentioned the new place where my team can go as we are strong enough etc. But there's no new territory on my main map! Am I missing something? Or do we have to wait for Season 2 start?

3. Ashlag

Ashlag FMLl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTidus DW, or another decent lead
    We have to wait for a coming update. But this will be before season 2, normally. Like a side story map, but in the main story world and not vortex.

Wolvie and Squallo like this.
  4. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    added [Future] to thread name, its not yet available but its next story update content.

5. Takumi Kuzuryu

Takumi Kuzuryu Ascended Member Santa Supporter Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Freyvia
    Bahamut seems to be a well-rounded Esper as all stats received are equal (except -1 for MP). So, Bahamut can be used as Esper for physical damage dealer and mage?

kurizu likes this.
  6. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    Thanks to you I found a mistake in my table with stats :)
    Bahamut have enough points to give 3 stats a +4 bonus value, you can either choose atk/def/spr (as I suggested) or give mag/def/spr or even give hp/mp/mag(but who would want to do that ?)
    But still every stat over 60 makes him very nice All-rounder :)

Caos, Hibernis and Takumi Kuzuryu like this.
  7. Bernd

Bernd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Cloud
    What a timing, I just tried it yesterday on JP and had no idea how it works. So I run from Zone1 to Zone7 and back to Bahamut just to realize, that I canĀ“t enter the fight. I think this guide will help a lot of people to not make the same mistake ::up::
    Very good job as always, just one day to late ;)

8. Veritas of the Wine

Veritas of the Wine Veritas of the Thought-of-this-Joke-First VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL: Landu, Fry, OK JP: Sephiroth 7star
  9. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

Haven't read this yet.. but thanks! I love reading about future boss battles to get prepared.

10. Hibernis

Hibernis "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau/Dark Veritas/Tidus/Luneth
    I love it how we can use tent as a healing/exit/saving point.

That FFIV feeling <3

11. Yunny

Yunny Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Husbando WoL
    Noobie
    OoooOOOoo look at all those maps....treasures and loot ::rudecat3::...This will be fun when I am strong enough to tackle it! Thanks for the guide!

12. gladefreshner

gladefreshner "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Olive, Orlandue
    Gonna be back here once bahamut hits global

13. Carnefix

Carnefix Novell0rd Staff Member Moderator German Moderator Arena Runner-Up VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    416 022 660
    Leads:
    Yun, Nyx, Fry, OK, DV, Aileen, Tidus
    frithsblessing and Hibernis like this.
  14. Revenge

Revenge Very Cute Member VIP Supporter

Leads:
    A2
    I saw a video where we can go to the Bahamut fight with the LB's up, because its an exploration.

With that in mind, going with Knight Delita and cast in the first turn his LB that will break Bahamut Mag by 64%, is probably enough to survive the Megaflare.

15. Ashlag

Ashlag FMLl0rd Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eTidus DW, or another decent lead
    Well, I kinda hope summoners time will come, as there is currently none really worth it (except summoning Bahamut with Garnet Rydia fully stacked on this and that are squishy as fuck). Garnet 6* will come, pretty soon I think.

16. rezak

rezak Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I spent 1.5hrs cleaning the first section. Of course I didn't find this guide till after and had no escapes so had to fight my way through. Battles are frequent and enemy preemptive attacks occur a lot. This is definitely not a TMR team exploration, some of the enemies have a bit of a backbone. My new favorite skill is lance. My three dps all had this and eased Tilith's MP recharge duties. Definately, going to bring someone with escape next time to make things quicker.

Blasto likes this.
  17. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    Atm making videos with bahamut battles o/

Hibernis likes this.
  18. Barroth

Barroth Excessivlipoor VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Take your pick
    Can we build up limits before the fight? If so is Wilhelm good for damage mitigation?

19. kurizu

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    @Barroth
    Yes, you can build limits before the fight.

Barroth likes this.
  20. AndreAntonow

AndreAntonow Member

I can't make the bridge to appear... I've done every exploration, completed that 2 side quests that give a Dragon shield + Rat's Tail but yet.. can't fight bahamuth. say's i can't jump that gap and asks me if i want to leave the expo.

DadoDamak likes this.