1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

[guide] Esper Skill Point Expenditure 1★ to 2★

Discussion in 'Guides' started by ZeromusXXX, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ZeromusXXX

ZeromusXXX Member

I notice a lot of people asking how to spend their skill points prior to reaching 2★. This will give you an idea on how to do it without screwing up what you're aiming for.

For this I will be using Golem as an example. The same guide applies for each Esper.

Step 1: Know Your Esper's Abilities!

Golem 1★
    [​IMG]

Golem 2★
    [​IMG]

Step 2: Plan Your Route!
    A little research goes a long way and it takes a few moments; that's all! Find the skills you want and plot your course. Refer to the 2★ grid and connect the skill slots to what you're looking for.

Let's say you want Provoke. Look at the 1★ grid and you will see that you need to unlock the HP+300 to have access to the HP+350 upon gaining 2★ Golem. So you will need to acquire the nodes: Magic +5, Magic +10, HP +250, Endure, HP +300. Then when you advance your Golem you now have direct access to HP +350 and then Provoke.

It's that simple guys (and gals)! Plan ahead. Knowledge is power.

0GL0P, JChunks, Blank and 2 others like this.
  2. Guyver

Guyver Active Member

Thanks, do you know the total SP for each espers? Can you include it in this guide too?

3. Promatic

Promatic Well-Known Member

Hopefully there will be a way to respec them in the future, since ive mostly gone after stats to buff any toon i put them on.. and also thought there would be enough points to unlock them all 0.o

4. Skyreus

Skyreus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Espers are confirmed to have a 3* level. We are supposed to get respecs along with them.

JChunks and Promatic like this.
  5. Supreme

Supreme Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    chizurur
    thank goodness. i thought i was screwed lol. messed up in the beginning

6. jk2456

jk2456 Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz, CoD and Rising Sun, WoL
    Yeah me too I maxed Ramuh but didn't get Osmose, arguably his most valuable ability. I frankly think there was not enough stress placed on teaching the importance of strategy for Esper allocations in early game play. I had just assumed you'd be able to max them out, on the premise that any ability in a FF game can be maxed out . But not the case until three * I guess

7. Miklos

Miklos Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    837 798 553
    Leads:
    Lightning 476 Atk
    I've done the same thing :(::cry:: I hope maybe there's a reset or something at some point. Really would like a do over...

8. 0GL0P

0GL0P New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chizuru, Lenna, Vaan, Kefka, Bartz
    Awesome post!! Thanxxxxxxx