1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Guide][JP/Future Global][Exp] Efficient way to merge cactuars during increase rate events.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by kurizu, Dec 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    165|99
    [As anyone know JP offer a feature to merge cactuars into each other... This not only saves a lot of place, but helps with leveling units for lower gold (cactuars merge cost small money really)...

Cactuars can be :
    - Regular maxed to lvl40
    - King Minituars maxed to lvl 60 (4,5mln exp).

But thats not the only reason, 7* units consume a lot of exp to be maxed from 101 to 120lvl.
    On average you need 10x maxed King Minituars to max single 7* unit (that is 45mln exp)... how then do it efficiently ? Best way is to make cactuars during increased success rate events... how does it work exacly ? 1.5x and 2.0x bonus exp is always affected from merged unit into new unit.. since cactuars pass whole gained exp into merged units lets use that :

Rule of Thumb no.1: Always merge result product into raw lvl1 Cactuar/King Minituar.
    Rule of Thumb no.2: This diagram assume you always get .5x bonus exp, if you dont, dont take your failed attempt into this diagram.
    Rule of Thumb no.3: It need to be during rate increase event.

[​IMG]

Step1: First merge single King Minituar into another King Minituar, that way you will make a solid base with only 2 units.

Step2: Merge our base King Minituar into regular Cactuar and repeat of merging regular Cactuar into another regular Cactuar until you reach lvl 39~40. It takes around 5 successful 1.5x bonus merges.

Step3: Merge maxed Cactuar into King Minituar... depending of result you will either get 32 or 40lvl King Minituar... From this point you only need respectively 3 or 2 successful 1.5x bonus merges to reach ultimate lvl60 King Minituar.

That being said from at least 4x King Minituar + 6x Regular Cactuar ( at least 580k exp worth) you will get a single 60lvl King Minituar (4,5mln exp)... I think almost 9x exp increase is worth spending few hours of merging ^.-

I am not sure if this is totally best efficient method, if anyone have better combination (that require less number of cactuars) then I hope he will share this with us.

Have fun merging:

LAFORGUS, danacol, Lysander and 13 others like this.
  2. Arkadi

Arkadi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, GLS, OK, Christine
    Any idea when this comes to global? So many slots used on cactaurs...

3. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Chocobro Chocobro Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Seph.eFry.eTT
    I hope this comes soon. Thanks for the guide!

4. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Figured I'd bump this now that it's relevant to Global. Also the great and amazing rates when not during bonus rates is pretty horrible. Only know this because I needed to combine my cactuars from the King Mog to make room and it was definitely disappointing.

5. Ceris

Ceris Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, Tidus, eTT, Bonus Unit
    So after I Max a regular cactaur to 40, I fuse it into a king? Or can I keep stacking it into another regular?

6. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You do one King to one King. Then one Giant to one Giant until lvl 40. Then you fuse the lvl 40 Giant to the previously fused King. After that you fuse the one King into another one King (always higher level gets merged into lvl 1 Cactuar of each type previously mentioned). The reasoning behind this is to capitalize off of the great and amazing successes that will add massive bonus xp on the combining.

If you kept merging a lvl 40 Giant to another Giant you'd just be losing exp since they cannot go above lvl 40. The objective is to get as many maxed King Mini Cactuars as possible (lvl 60 max) before 7* hits since it takes so many of them (9 and change) to max a single 7* from lvl 101 to 120.

Edit: Also worth mentioning, this guide is primarily pointed at doing these combinations during rate up events like we recently had right before cactaur fusing started... of course. ::thonk::