1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[GUIDE][KM Events] How to gear bonus units?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Masteis, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Masteis

Masteis Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine
    Hello fellas,

Most of you(maybe all of you) probably know the tricks yet I just wanted to share some tips about "How to gear your team" for King Mog events.

There are several items which will make your farms faster & helps you to OTKO bosses(depends on your unit).

Let's see what we have;
    • Germinas Boots
    [​IMG]
    This is item will speed up your clear time. Allows you to use Escape which makes you to pass stages until to the boss stage. Will not affect the drop amount of event currency(you may lose only 5-10 amount which is nothing). Feel free to use. Give this item to a bonus unit.

• Apollo Harp & Instrumental Flair
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Do not underestimate the power of %40 stat buff!
    This combo turns one of your bonus unit into a low-grade bard. If you want to OTKO or need a pinch of survivability, here is the solution!
    Instrumental Flair allows you to equip harps & Apollo Harp grants Hero's Rhyme, give both to one of your bonus unit.

• World Destroyer, Crazy Day or Rikku's Pouch
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Same logic as having benefits with buffing your team up but in an opposite way. Debuffing your enemies! World Destroyer decreases enemies' all stats by %35, Chaos Grenade(Rikku's Pouch) %30 but inflicts status ailments if the enemy is not immune. Also if you have imbued your finisher unit with an element and looking for an imperil, you can use Crazy Day which decreases all elements by %35! You will receive less damage & deal more damage, why not give it to your one of bonus unit? Also if you need to fill your LB gauge;
    • Pod 153, Frozen Hurricane & Toxic Rain
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

To increase damage, chaining is a must especially for OTKO'ing. Bahamut Cheese or any finisher unit requires chaining.
    Also it is better to have dual wield(tip:you can have it from bowie knife or second knife) + elemental weapons for pods. Having at least 2x pods always will be the best for chaining but if you do not have, you may practice and try to have some combo hits with Toxic Rain & Frozen Hurricane. Even 5-6 combo hits may enough to OTKO bosses. Numbers may look low but do not forget that every hits increases damage by minimum %10. 5 hits = %50, not bad.

• Bonus: Concealing Cloth
    [​IMG]

It has a niche use which allows you to cast Hide. Also decreases the chance of being targeted by %50! You may not have enough damage to OTKO boss and need 2 rounds. Here is the tip; If boss does single hits, with this item boss probably wont target your DPS unit so, based on luck, your unit may survive and get the boss down on 2nd round. Also hiding may useful especially for Olive users. Hide until your passive hits then show up & hit!

Aaand... This is how I gear my bonus units. Here is an example video;

Hope you can find it useful.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Magoya, Fenix808, god.nomad and 6 others like this.
  2. Nemeko

Nemeko Ascended Member

Leads:
    6 star Nine
    Concealing cloth is also good since you can use hide incase you have a weaker unit.

Masteis likes this.
  3. leemanho

leemanho Religiously F2P VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    Crazy Day is also useful

Masteis likes this.
  4. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    While I understand the reason behind them because well I use them... its not really useful for players who skipped these events/didnt play back then... and both took place few months ago already... even more later you mention second knife that is like a relict of past already. I think most of the players who have these "relics" should already know how to gear for km events~

5. Nohbdy

Nohbdy Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Quick point about using escape and rikku's pouch:
    You can use eccentric first, then manually attack with all other units except for the unit with escape. Once the LB crystal animations are done, you are free to escape. This adds some time to the rotation, but it allows you to build up your LB gauges before the boss.

Masteis likes this.
  6. Masteis

Masteis Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Christine
    Thanks all! Edited post with your feedbacks.

As I mentioned that most maybe the all of us know already but still, there may someone who unaware & didnt figure out how to use these items. And we are having old events time to time, new players may have a chance to get these relics.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  7. Nohbdy

Nohbdy Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    You know I just thought of something.
    If you use the smoke screen item, this would also be a good way to work towards the item usage trophies.

(This was kind of a "d'oh" moment for me as I still need to work on this one)

8. Perunsin

Perunsin Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    My evasive eTT needs some help during the final fight so I'm using bonus units to ensure that she is buffed with Bar-ra spells for the Ronso. I'm also stingy with using Escape due to the small loss of currency drops, so to ensure my bonus units survival while eTT takes her time clearing the mobs, I gave them few Ankh of Goddess for self re-raise. Blessing of the Lifegiver ability is also very cheap (7MP) and can be cast multiple times even by underleveled bonus units.

9. Nemeko

Nemeko Ascended Member

Leads:
    6 star Nine
    Woot edited my suggestion in! I am dah bomb!

Masteis likes this.