1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

[Guideline] Elemental Resistance for Future Trials

Discussion in 'Guides' started by aa25, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Sylvie can AoE remove breaks (and at the same time make you immune to them) using Gracious Knight. She cannot make you immune to elemental resistance debuffs or remove them barring the Dispelga trick. I do not know of any unit that can make you immune to elemental resistance debuffs in GL or even in JP. I doubt they'll implement a unit that will do that as it's a key element of adding difficulty to some trials (having enough elemental resistance gear).

Polka! likes this.
  2. Polka!

Polka! Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Yea.. at least eiko can remove elemental resist debuffs with her cooldown. I was wondering if eiko was the only one capable of doing that

3. Polka!

Global ID:
    Just realized high seraph ultima’s dispelja ability does remove all debuffs from allies- but it’s a 20 turn cooldown move....

Eiko= best healer confirmed?

4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I don't remember the full list. Seaside Nichol and Ultima have AoE imperil removal on one of their CD's which also remove breaks and Myra has a similar thing on her LB, iirc. They are the only ones besides Eiko that I can recall for imperil removal.

Break removal is relatively more common. There are several LB's that do that. Rena, Ayaka, Aerith, MS.Nichol, and Folka have something like that. There are a few more from 4*-based, iirc. Yuraisha and Sylvie have abilities that do that. On the dispel side, Kryla has an ability that dispel the entire battlefield. You can also use Bushido Freedom for that.

Polka! likes this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Sorry, but no. Myra is much better than her in that department.

Edit: Eiko's biggest problem is she cannot dualcast her abilities. If you have to use any of her abilities other than Cryptoperformance, you won't be able to heal that turn. She doesn't have any heal-over-time type of things as work around either. If you really want to utilize Eiko's non-Crytoperformance abilities, you likely need a back up healer in your team.

6. Polka!

Global ID:
    Yea break removal is very common.
    And yes I just realized myra’s LB does remove elemental debuffs too...
    I missed the 3000 summon period for myra, I really could’ve used another myra to make her 7*. Cleared all contents so far with just eiko+sylvie combo, sometimes zarg on top,
    Basch for break support, but I’m starting to feel like I want a little more role compression. Not necessary, but would be fun

7. Polka!

Global ID:
    Yea I was just confirming that lol

8. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I just add a comment about Eiko's problem in my post above. Eiko is quite a clunky healer, imo.

9. Polka!

Global ID:
    Well I do this thing where I spam fenrir esper on other turns when free. Otherwise she’s healing and dispelling or reviving- Worked for me so far in the currently released contents-
    I’m sure myra or someone else might do something nice but eiko’s been so fun for me so far. But yea, not arguing she’s the best or anything like that. (But eiko’s the cutest!)

10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    If she works fine for you, that's good. The bottomeline is still that she (and Rem) has this issue which can be a big no-no for some upper end trials. (Some strategies for some upcoming trials even requires two healers to help keeping your team alive and the most common pair that I keep hearing is Folka/Fina who both can dualcast their stuffs like crazy and they are still not quite enough alone. Fina is getting her Dualcast ability from her Series Boss Battle.) So, I guess my message is, if you have a chance, it is probably not a bad idea to upgrade your healer.

11. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Myra is probably the most reliable source of imperil removal (without removing buffs) from her LB (which also heals HP/MP over time and gives break/charm immunity). All the others lose time removing imperils, i.e. Seaside Nichol has to use a cooldown to do it and he'd rather be doing buffs. High Seraph Ultima's 20 turn cooldown makes it entirely unreliable. And likewise Eiko's 6 turn cooldown makes it unreliable. Myra also happens to have innate high tide built in, which is nice, although her LB costs 36 at 7*.

aa25 and Polka! like this.
  12. Polka!

Global ID:
    Her LB, crypto, double dispelga or heal/esunaga, her cooldown, and other pod153 abilities plus fenrir (minor) buff +
    Yup. Well she’s totally fine alongside sylvie for all the contents released so far, but Ill definitely pull for lenna. Been really enjoying zarg+sylvie+eiko combo, but yes, the time is near for sure

13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Yup. Agree. If you don't need to cast it too frequently, you can even go with auto-LB build to reliably cast it every 3 turns and save fill rate gear for other units as well. As far as debuff removal goes, I don't think anyone can come close to Myra at the moment.

14. Polka!

Global ID:
    @aa25 by the way,
    Why does myra’s intro say enable interlude for the next 2 turns? I just tested it and it only lasts for the next one turn only..

15. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Unlocking ability turn counts count the turn it is cast as well. It is quoted this way because there are other abilities that can give abilities (i.e. 'unlock') to other units.

Polka! likes this.
  16. Gin_

Gin_ Ascended Member

Global ID:
    345 257 217
    Leads:
    AK.Rain, Elena, WLD.Fina, FID etc.
    Thank you @aa25 for this! more power!

aa25 likes this.