1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Gumi Twitter Anni Survey

Discussion in 'General' started by The Tower XVI, Jun 10, 2021.

1. The Tower XVI

The Tower XVI Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
  2. Clodia

Clodia Cat President of Phy Kappa Moog VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    GLS, Lassgen :3, Lasswell :3, Physalis
    I love how you have to pick two or three for every question even though you really only want to choose one, but when it comes to "what could we improve" suddenly you can only pick one option.

[​IMG]

nox, CamaroWRX, Hillgigas209 and 10 others like this.
  3. MikePro

MikePro Elly la besto waifu Spooky VIP

Do you feel like some answers are trolls?
    Like Avengers collab...cmon we know its never going to happen...

Or

Only one option for “What do you think should be improved for better playing experience?”

Srsly? Ofc its all 4..

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    theJanne and TheKillingJoke like this.
  4. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Yeah, it's almost like they know they're trash.

5. Sagranth

Sagranth "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Madam,Event,Cecil,Galuf etc
    *Giggles* oh nonononono,a survey on the internet that isn't limited ::vplaugh::.

6. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Total Chads
    I like what they did there and honestly think, they take a survery over financial considerations. Because they are nice people who care about the community like no other company does.

Danziger likes this.
  7. AgriasOaks21

AgriasOaks21 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Faris, Behemy, Event
    Likely? No. Impossible? Also no.

Square has a working relationship with Disney, and licensing characters to appear on every possible thing you can imagine is the main way super heroes have generated money for decades. Wonder Woman's comic sales may be middling and her most recent movie a flop, but slapping that "W" logo on everything you can still makes bank.

So the question becomes: What's the price tag on licensing Marvel characters for a limited time gacha collab and does Square think they can pay it and turn a profit from the hype.

Again. The answer is probably "No", particularly at this late a stage in FFBE's life. But I wouldn't say it's utterly impossible.

8. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    [​IMG]
    Biased anti DF gumi <_<

9. MikePro

Roca is also missing from s3..

10. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

Yeah, several times I would have picked one or an option of none if I could have. And improve was a little too light on choices.

Clodia likes this.
  11. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

Given that Marvel's Avengers is hurting for players bad and the fact that originally when it was announced it wasn't the only Marvel game they were supposedly making, it does have some possibility. I mean Kingdom Hearts is a product of a very similar situation. MA would likely kill for any positive press around the game right now. Personally Square and Disney can both shove in that regard as far as I'm concerned. The moment they started releasing details about the game you could see the standard Marvel game puppetry in action. I would have put that up there with as bad an idea as Lando making a deal with Vader.

MikePro likes this.
  12. LurkerRamza

LurkerRamza Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Xeno, TT, LM Fina, SSC, Bonus
    Player - Pulls hard for latest Meta unit, yay.
    Next week Gumi creeps it into oblivion.
    Player - I thought we had a deal?
    Gumi - I altered the deal, pray I do not alter it further...

I actually skip most DPS banners, but I couldn't miss the chance to continue the reference ::desch::

13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Call me mr. Negative or whatever, but what really is the point of this popular vote ? It is not like the devs will make those popular units good or solid. Most of the time, fan favorites get mediocre buff/upgrade/enhancement, gimped to be 'just okay', got delayed until become irrelevant if not forgotten entirely, etc. Let's see, Esther ? Freyvia ? WKN ? Lunera ? Ang ? Chow ? Lilith ? Elena ? Ling ? DKC's latent ? Orlandeau ? Hyoh ? 2B/A2 ? Wilhelm ? a bunch of 7* rework ? and the list goes on and on. Even these latest fan festa units who are pretty much got voted to get there to begin with are not that spectacular. To me, it is more like they want to know what units they can release as mediocre and people will still chase them, while leaving meta and being good units to other unit that are less popular instead.

Cylian likes this.
  14. MikePro

Keep in mind, this isnt about buffs/enhs, but instead entirely new units.
    You have a point about the fan festa being just ok units tho..
    My thoughts..
    Basically Jp has the upper hand right now, im going to name few global units (funny enough lots from your list) being the meta itself on release lets see, Ang he was prolly the strongest 6* ever made in ffbe, 7* 2b, esther, fry, xuan, ling and many others, again, on release all those = meta, on par/stronger in some cases than jp units.
    Nowadays global units are only sidegrades and jp units lead the meta always. The real reason behind this, not sure...

New units, in this case collabs could be hit or miss, vinera for example is really good overall, kairi not so much..

15. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Exactly. What bothers me is after the 'on release', they only get 'shut-up enhancement' most of the time. Being meta on release doesn't really count to since before then they don't exist and not fan favorites. After that though, when units start to gain fan-base, they usually get shafted againg and again. Mediocre enhancement, mediocre latent, mediocre awakening, and so on.

Edit: New units are that different though. For example, NV.Elena, the first version of Aloha Lasswell, Seaside Nichol, and so on.

16. MikePro

Pull for the new shiny...mostly in 2021.
    Doesnt matter if the unit is popular or not, any kind of buffs are free so no profit..? Making buffs very good, for example kryla means less people will pull for vaan or other breakers...

Another thing is, i feel most people pull for power or well some combination of power/nostalgia and gumi knows this.
    (Fresh example is elric brother, even with big fanbase they had to buff them on release..)

Lets say the unit is super nostalgic but complete garbage, im sure way less people will pull than both strong and nostalgic.
    If a unit is random whatever with 2 lines of lore made by gumi but its uber busted or really really strong, im pretty sure most people will pull like crazy, unless for some weird reason you hate it.

Some personal example, i want Thor from avengers, but if the unit is meh i will prolly try some tickets and maybe few lapis just for the sprite and cause well...Freaking Thor!!’
    But if the unit is strong on top, boom they got me.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Cylian and Kain Darkwind like this.
  17. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Totally agree. That is the very reason behind my first post. It is not like they will make fan favorite units good or strong anyway. If anything, they probably want to know what units they can gimp or design poorly and people will still pull for them.

Cylian and Talien like this.
  18. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    actually any buff = costs them $.

coding isnt free labor.

Kain Darkwind likes this.
  19. SadPanda

SadPanda Ascended Member

Seriously. Favorite character from Season 3? Where is my None option?!

Clodia likes this.
  20. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

They have listened a few times. I mean Aurora Fryevia became a thing because of popularity. Of course then they used her to sell tickets to their event, so she was pretty good and around the meta. By the time she actually came out to everyone though she wasn't near the meta. So Gumi may treat us like crap with what they learn or ignore it, but they do seem to listen to popularity of units. :p

There was at least one positive time, but for the life of me I can't remember it now. They are much more rare so you would think I would.

Given it is Marvel and what is going on it most likely would be NV Kamala Khan and 7* Loki(or whatever unit is linked to a show on Disney+ at the time).

Yeah, that was the one I really wanted a "none" on. I could usually find at least some reason to pick one option on any other question, but seriously needed a none there.

MikePro likes this.