1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Halp meh en "beating" the EGG.

Discussion in 'General' started by PhaseShifter, Jul 14, 2019.

1. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    Zeno boi
    113?
    Pls. Halp.
    What do I need? Already have the Evade provoker and mag tank. I keep getting wiped by Rockslide. I feel pretty stupid, actually. Maybe just school stress.

2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    May be the boss' self-buff ?

Masvroh and PhaseShifter like this.
  3. PhaseShifter

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    Zeno boi
    113?
    Maybe. I'll try again.

4. Double

Double VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Not Paladin Cecil
    Fenrir helps ease the damage, or any other source of mirage.

5. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Use Veritas of the Earth 4* as provoke, evade tank. He can provoke and buff earth 100%. Or use Sylvie to buff earth. Other than that Bart’s white cologne (aoe evade) helps also.

I had very easy time with earth Veritas as evade provoke, and an mag cover tank with 230% resistance. If u got breaks over 60% u can survive quite easy (like enhanced vagrant Knight rains fullbreak). Very important, u need to Dispel his Atk/mag buffs and break him again. Otherwise he hits really hard. But if u cover evade provoke, mag cover, buff earth and equip your units with around 80% resistance u should have an easy time surviving. I also used breaks around 40% but u see quite a difference to 60%. Those runs I had to improvise a lot more.

6. PhaseShifter

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    Zeno boi
    113?
    80% resist before buffs?

7. SeemedAGoodidea

SeemedAGoodidea New Member

I ran CG Charlotte with high earth resist, fid, a provoke evade tank with calamity border, a support/healer, Esther, and a friend Esther and beat legend consistently by swapping out the unnamed pairings with other units. Won each round in at most 6 or 7 turns.

Support/Healers: Yuriasha, CG Nichol, Sylvie, Aerith, CG Fina, Eiko, Ayala, Zarg

Full Evade Provoke Tank: Bart, awakened Rain, Basch, Nyx, Gladio, Elfreeda, Norris, Merc Ramza, Wilhelm, Tidus, Fitra, Sieghard

Oh... I ran Zeno before Esther but found it much easier to pair Esthers for the DPS

8. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

Dont push the thresholds to far. Burn slowly and manage reraise. Dispel and debuff.

9. SeemedAGoodidea

Full evade provoking tank should eat that 1 shot kill he has fine. Never needed re-raise personally. I did have to keep up mitigation and breaks though. Oh yeah... I also had to dispel his buffs after the 60% threshold

10. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B, Esther, Rena, Randi
    Break the boss for at last 70% ATK/MAG, when he enters the immunity phase, he also self buffs, you need to dispel it and re-apply the breaks.

I would rather go the path of using a single physical tank that can cover and provoke (one of my clears I even used eWoL), and use earth resist buffs + earth resist gear. I found that with ~80% gear resist + barstona the earth damage, even after it's imperil, was more manageable than the AoE physical.

Also, gear units for some survival, my units were all at last ~10k HP, ~400SPR and none died unless I made some mistake.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    Gladio likes this.
  11. SamSTB

SamSTB Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    984 028 414
    Don’t use cg fina or any white magic for healing. The Egg will hp regen.

Like others have posted, make sure you dispel him when he buffs himself and then break him again. Use Charlotte, zarg or nichol for the high general mitigation and stack magic mitigation on too if you still can’t survive.

12. iBuko

iBuko Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Regina, CG Charlotte, Zeno
    ...and Barusa TMR on breaker. It helps a lot

13. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    I made a guide with build examples and battle details over here. Take a look and ask any questions you might have.

14. SeemedAGoodidea

Just used her cooldown heal and dispel lol. Ended up using Fid’s heal if I needed one.

15. Scheich

Scheich "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Leads:
    Event / Trial Units
    Yeah. I got slot of gear and materia with earth resist. Was quite easy equipping everyone with 120 and 230 on mag cover while maintaining their respective stats. And if u use Veritas of the earth 4* u got 1 unit less to equip. As he absorbs earth dmg. So it’s better if he has an esper like tetra so that he takes more „earth dmg“ to heal. And with his buff 100% u are quite safe even with the200% debuff. Just make him into an evade provoke tank and u don’t have to worry about the fixed dmg that kills your units. Also use pods phys mitigation. Good to equip on units that u swap out. This way they are useful at something.

16. Zach2004

Zach2004 "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    285 100 700
    Leads:
    Esther, Sylvie, etc.
    7* magic tank (ez with A. Rain)
    Evade provoke tank
    Any good healer
    Esther
    7* breaker
    Friend Esther

^^ Easiest way to beat it for the first time, Phase. Just don't use magic to heal and you can burst it down quickly.

17. rkl303

rkl303 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eRamza, eFryevia, eAce
    If you have Bushido freedom that works as a great form of non white magic dispel..used it on my 5th rotational unit.

My team is a non noon friendly 7 star team
    7* charolette with high earth resist and titan
    7* Loren for breaks w/ Phoenix esper
    7* Esther with killers and lb
    7* Folka (non white magic heals/debuff resist/ailment resist)
    Rotational unit with Bushido freedom
    7* Esther with LB materia as noone ses to have golem esprer.

1st turn charolette LB, General Manifesto, Esther LB chains, Folka heal and def/spr resist

2nd turn 1 Esther uses shocking embrace, combat overdrive, and bolt strike the other uses combat overdrive, storm brand, and bolt strike folk does the other combo of heal and debuff resist and barearthga.

3rd do whatever combos of bolt strikes ( I.e triple and double) it takes to get the boss to 51-60%. Heal and resist and whatever you fancy.

4the turn Bushido freedom, break, combat overdrive and unused shocking embrace and storm brand, and magic cover, and heals.

5th turn is whatever just heal.

6th turn is LB to 4%, phoneix to reraise most likely charolette and heal.

Most likely no 7th turn as Esther counters kill boss

Gladio likes this.
  18. MeeTum

MeeTum Well-Known Member

Let me say it one last time.

You don't need tank for this trail if you have Sylvia. You can use tanks on your first few tries, but I suggest you loose them to free up more unique unit spot for later attempts.

Just keep buff and debuff on at all time, and you will be fine.

Example team I used:

[​IMG]

19. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    You want a 100% evasion provoke or physical cover unit to soak the massive fixed damage attacks or you'll have to raise units here and there. Otherwise, you're correct, you don't need a cover tank necessarily.

20. MeeTum

MeeTum Well-Known Member

If you don't drag on the fight, then he only does fixed attack one at most once.

Esthers with golem should finish the job in 5-6 turns. So no need to worry about it at all. (Or you can use sylvia reraise if you're being paranoia..)

::rudecat16::