1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Helllooo world!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ayumi-chan, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Ayumi-chan

Ayumi-chan Member Supporter

Global ID:
    100 590 208
    Hi everyone! I've been reading and learning on these forums for a few weeks now and I thought I'd introduce myself because I secretly ninja added a couple people on here out of desperation for friends (everyone on the random list of people is full or doesn't respond!). Sooo I felt guilty about not saying anything because the people on here that did accept my friend request has helped TREMENDOUSLY.

Now that I'm no longer a creeper in the shadows, I first started this game a few years ago and just picked it up again so I'm relatively low rank and don't have any good units to reciprocate yet. So much to learn still but I'm having a lot of fun with it again so far, especially since my phone isn't a hot piece of poop anymore.

I love all things FF of course but I love JRPGs in general. Totally always looking for recommendations for jrpgs outside of the FF series (currently playing trails of cold steel!). Ummm yeah I guess that's it for now. I'll try not to be too shy to post when I have questions (omg so many questions) and contribute to the community when I can.

Bye for now!

epath, Frosty Toast, keoten and 5 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Folka, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    Welcome to the forum! I can clear a spot on my FL if you want, you can see my companion units in the info box to the left. Also, you might want to check out the guide in my signature, it helps explain a bunch of game mechanics that the game never explains, without getting technical like the wiki.

Trails of Cold Steel? I've got the first game in the Trails of the Sky, but haven't really gotten into it yet. Recently picked up the expansion for Civ 6, and just got a backwards compatible PS3, so I'm replaying a lot of older game. My backlog is enormous...

Edit: Here, have your first "like!"

3. Ayumi-chan

Global ID:
    100 590 208
    Thanks! Actually your guide was one of the best sources of information about a lot of the stuff I always see people talking about like its common knowledge. I don't have a whole lot of units to work with yet since I'm still making my way through the story but I've definitely bookmarked it to refer to when I start spending resources and investing in units so that I don't waste anything.

Would love a spot on your friends list!

4. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Well, thank you! One thing that isn't mentioned is the complexity of our emojis. Most of them can be puzzled out from context, but ::ink:: is particularly obtuse. For us, it means we're being playful, joking, or sarcastic.

I've cleared a spot and sent a request. I've got a magic, physical, and hybrid attackers up, alongside my best event bonus unit (it's only a 75%, sorry!) and my SS Charlie. Charlie's a magic tank, currently geared for 25k HP, and 100% resist to 5 elements, with 95% resist to a 6th, and 45% to a 7th. Dark is only 5%, sorry.

The bonus unit is set up to survive the raid boss' surprise attack, and she has a weapon that lets her cast dispel, so you can remove the boss' resistance to DEF and SPR breaks. It has to be cast every turn and then have the breaks reapplied, so don't get caught by surprise.

5. Sefiros

Sefiros JOB: Forum member VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    Welcome to the forums. If you still looking for more friends, you can add me, my game ID is on the left under my avatar. (If you are on phone just turn it side way and those info will show up)

6. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    You haven't heard about me that came here to scare people around? Well I am "the bogeyman" that would scare new players away, so I suppose it is time for you to run...
    Boo!
    ::rudecat10::

7. SkipDrake

SkipDrake Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther/Sylvie/WoL Lenna/Tanks
    Welcome to the forum!

8. epath

epath Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    561 054 393
    Leads:
    Zeno, zarg, barret, lm fina, ms nichol
    welcome to the forum :)

9. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Also, check out Club's Gamehouse. @Clodia and @SlightlyDubious (aka, Clod and Dubs) run a new game every week (unless the previous week is still going), and they're a lot of fun. My favorite so far was when we turned our fellow forum members into espers and wrote up abilities for them. Weve also done a couple of "Twenty Questions" type guessing games, trying to identify a person/place/object selected from FFBE.

This week we're doing a kind of reverse monopoly where the point is to try and lose your money the fastest. As you can see, we get quite silly, and frequently share cat pictures.

It's a lot of fun, and anyone can join. They took me in, after all.

10. Ayumi-chan

Global ID:
    100 590 208
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone =) I've sent out friend requests and perhaps I'll join in the next gamehouse game! Sounds fun!

11. Antioch

Antioch "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    See my Profile.
    >140
    Welcome to the Forums! :)

12. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    Don't join the game house, join JP version...
    What's your ff protagonist?
    You like blue fina? Because we have blue fina in JP version
    PC version? JP got it as Hirono said it in GL's 3rd anniversary.. that makes playing much easier
    Yes it is in Japanese characters but it isn't that hard to understand it once you are familiar with the system...
    I can help with rerolling part if needed
    And don't be afraid of summon fest thing... It isn't that hard to find a good friend for that since we have plenty of established players here