1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Help Building a new party

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by esvisceral, Oct 9, 2021.

1. esvisceral

esvisceral Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra
    Hey guys, i've played this game for like 3 month but sometime i'm still confused building a party. I don't know a best unit to use and their combo. i also having trouble fighting tomb raider the great pyramid on difficulty 180.
    And i still have 1 ticket exchange NV unit select, if u use it to shoreline fina & daisy, they can awakening to ex+2
    Here's my party
    [​IMG]

Here's all unit i have

Hillgigas209 likes this.
  2. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    You should really concentrate on the story right now. Get piles of lapis and more espers.

Fina/Daisy's stmr is really nice, but you're probably better off using the ticket to get a different NV. Fina/daisy barely even needs the ex+1 most of the time lol.

Also, as for the pyramid or any other difficult fight, get some high lv friends and then bug them to set up a friend unit for your fight (with the right killers/immunities/whatever).

Sartre likes this.
  3. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    I think the right friend unit in this one would be an evade tank. Unless you can make an evade cover tank yourself?

I personally don't believe in a 1 team to clear everything. More fun if you switch units around. You might be restricted by resources on who to fully level up. The current team in the screenshot looks fine. If you know what you're doing you can chain Elena and Kaktaria and finish with terra. (Her LB in braveshift is where her damage is. But it takes some good gear to make her great.)

Also saw a Lara Croft and a Skye in your unit list. Those two might be stronger options depending on gear and boss. For the limited event use Lara if you can, she gains a bonus on her stats making her stronger. She chains BS (Bolting Strike) chains with for example Elena (or another Lara Croft) or finishes with her LB. All damage from the shifted form because this boss wants you to use 100% accuracy.
    With an evade tank and 100% fire resist nobody takes any damage and you will easy be able to clear this trial. Clearing it in 10 turns might be a bit more difficult.
    If you want i can setup an evade tank for you, or if you can set one up yourself, i could equip my Lara Croft for the correct killers.

Sartre likes this.
  4. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I can help too if you want. Just let me know what you might need. I can set up a Lara who can take it down in a few turns with someone to chain with (like your Lara or Elena) or I could set up a full evade cover tank who can BS chain on off turns when not putting up cover.

Sartre and RaagisEd like this.
  5. esvisceral

esvisceral Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra
    Sure, i want evade tank and i still don't know what the best set up is

6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Remember, with evasion, it's 100% or nothing. If you don't have the gear to get to full evasion, your tank will most likely get hit and die and then you will lose ::happy::
    (I know that for a fact when I accidentally took a 95% evade tank once) :D

7. esvisceral

esvisceral Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra
    what unit you guys use on full evade tank

8. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    King Behemy is one of the best full evade tanks, but for this trial it does not matter who you use (you could use your Esther even, i noticed you have her, no real cover tank, but she has a 30% evade passive so you only need to supply the remaining 70%) (Also make someone else provoke i think, because there seem some dispels involved)

I'll set a tank up and think about who you could use for damage. (Altough Lara + Elena or Skye + Elena or even all 3 should be able to do some proper damage. 2 slots left for breaker and imperil and killer buffs and such)

Edit: Tank is set up under Nemesis2 slot. Send you a friend request

Also i looked at your units again, some other options is Madame Edel for the Earth imbue and SR chains. Maybe if 2x mirage is enough, you can use Assasin Shadow for that and don't need a cover tank (still 100% fire resist on whole team) And also your Vivi NV can imbue fire and also ... did you have Steiner? if so do Vivi's reflect chain thing, that is a cool thing to use. Another option is new Aerith she can also imbue fire and give a Tag chain where Skye or Lara can finish on.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  9. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Oh ok, update, you don't need a cover tank. If you can make an evade AssasinShadow (he has 40% passive evade) He has a 2-stack mirage, 80% breaks (not a lot, but lara can do the 90% DEF break/Fire imperil and you should take no other damage so DEF is the only break you need) Oh also make him 100% fire resist (after buffs)

2 stacks is enough until you breach the break bar thing. Tip: don't do that ::nerd::

Two Lara's chaining should take this boss down real fast, I'll also update my Lara unit under event2 slot for the right killers.

Edit: Scratch all that. I guess i got lucky on my first attempt. Probably a lot of RNG on who gets targeted (provoke doesn't work?) and how many AoE physical attacks she does.

Edit2: Since i was at it, some inspiration on what team you could use:
    LaraDoesDamage.png totaldamage_piramid.png

My Lara is probably a few pixels stronger than yours (She showed 10k ATK after 3400% buffs :eek: which i found a bit scary) but i was going for a 3 turn kill with her LB that should double the damage i did on turn 2. Needs a bit of luck to get 15 lb cryst, but also a spot left so you could fit in an entrust unit. (If you haven't fully awakened him, https://exvius.fandom.com/wiki/Shera might be an option instead of the Cressnik)

If you like some tips on equipment and abilities i used let me know. I am sure you can clear it in 3 turns too.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  10. esvisceral

esvisceral Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra
    Thanks bro for the advice, i've already defeat her in 5 turn with your king behemy. After the breaks, all my unit got attacked by aoe attack and only king behemy, cressnik, and lara croft survived. Thanks to cressnik skill, i was able to revive all my party :b

Look's like i need at least one physical tank for my party, what do you guys recommend a good physical tank ?
    I'm still have one ticket exchange (NV Unit Select) and i don't know what is the best choise. On the first ticket i used it on NV Terra

RaagisEd likes this.
  11. Sartre

Sartre Esther is my Goddess Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter News Announcer

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...that is all...
    H7
    King Behemy is probably your best bet for physical tank from the NV unit select. He is easy to gear for full evasion while still packing on a lot of bulk for situations where evasion doesn't matter. His biggest drawback is low general mitigation for himself, but you won't really need to worry about that until you get into some of the really difficult trials like Scorn of Asura or the Genies trial. King Behemy also comes with a lot of great support skills in his kit that make him an all-around great unit to have on the team for role compression. He can even chain with your damage dealers while he's tanking, which can be helpful, especially for newer players.

Gabranth is also a very solid physical tank that comes with high mitigation for himself, but he's there almost solely to tank and do nothing else. So if all you're after is the thicc'est tank with no extra bells and whistles, then Gabranth may be better for you.

12. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Great to hear :)

A physical tank isn't always needed, and a full evade one makes the "easier" challenges even more easy. But evade doesn't work on every boss.
    You allready have a decent physical tank in Gabranth, plus next week's Daisy. No real need to spend a ticket on another tank. On the other hand you can't go wrong on king Behemy, he is the coolest. Also the King. And he has a very good VC.

13. esvisceral

esvisceral Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    NV Terra
    Thanks guys for the advice. Maybe i wait for daisy, see if daisy is good or not. I have 4 daisy in my unit :b

RaagisEd likes this.