1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Help me building a team!

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Rikku97, Apr 16, 2018 at 5:36 AM.

1. Rikku97

Rikku97 New Member

Hello guys! I'm quite new to the game but still managed to get few units/tmr.
    My 6*
    Setzer
    Balthier
    Cecil
    Mystea
    Divine soleil
    Aria
    Rikku
    Lunera
    Lighting
    Queen
    Veritas of the earth
    2x Amelia
    Kunshira
    Aura
    William

And that's it,I basically 6'ed every notable unit (I also have2x soleil but still 4*)

The team I'm using currently is
    2x Amelia (disorder chain,small heals)
    Balthier (finisher)
    Rikku
    Veritas of the earth

But I feel like I'm missing something. If I get more support/healing units I lack damage and viceversa

2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Ascended Member

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Something that hurts.
    Mystea -> Tanks for the whole group if you fight magic enemies
    William -> Top tier provoke Tank, draws Single Target Attacks to him, so nobody else gets hit.
    Rikku -> Godly support with her Limit burst, Damage mitigation, small amount of healing
    Lunera -> Great MP Battery and magic chainer, if you have Lunera friends
    Balthier -> Can imperil Elements Light, Water and Lightning
    +friend Lunera.

Use Wilhelm instead of Veritas of the Earth and has better supporting skills.

Kunshira -> Good Hybrid Chainer, if you can equip her and find a friend.

That would be my 2 cents.

3. zapzap

zapzap New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    My bae Olive
    I think you confused William with Wilhelm
    William is a 4* earth based mage.::rudecat5::

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. Rikku97

Rikku97 New Member

Thanks for the reply! But I think you misunderstood, it's William (the earth mage ) not Wilhelm
    Also,I did every trial till Gilgamesh, what else can I do to get better equipment?

5. Galahad

Galahad Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eAileen, eEmperor
    It's Wilhelm, William earth mag chainer

6. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Ascended Member

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Something that hurts.
    I so did ::happy:: Happens from time to time to me.

@Rikku97
    -You can play the story and the Arena to collect Star Quartz to buy nice items from the Fat Chocobo
    -You can farm TMs, either manual or non-manual
    -You can play the King Mog events and slowly build up gear by buing it.
    But i think you already knew that :)

7. Galahad

Galahad Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eAileen, eEmperor
    Maybe you can change Amelia with support or healer (Aria maybe) and find a friend to chain.

8. zapzap

zapzap New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    My bae Olive
    Well, you have Lunera, as i know her enhanced elven song can do a very good buff (90% all stats), and have a strong hp and mp regeneration. I dont have her, but i think she works just like Ramza. Try to enhance her.
    ::salty::

9. BenMal

BenMal Member

Global ID:
    002 060 449
    Leads:
    940 MAG Barbariccia
    I'd do something like this:
    -Lunera (as everyone else mentioned, awaken her Elven Song, 90% buff in all stats and strong HP/MP regen is really neat, and if you find Lunera friends, she also a really good magic chainer).

-Aria (the best healer you have from what I've seen, can AoE cure all ailments and AoE Raise).

-Kunshira (you can almost never go wrong with Hybrid Damage and she has a really good versatility as she can be both a Chainer and a Finisher who has access to several elements).

-Veritas of the Earth (the best Provoke Tank you have, also have a AoE Physical Cover ability, if I remember right).

-Mystea (one of the only three magical Cover Tanks in the game and one of the only two who're not limited, will be great for the harder content as bosses tend to go crazy with AoE magic spells/abilities).

If the enemy only does one type of damage, you can switch the unneeded Tank for either Rikku (her LB is great and her Hyper NulAll, which is unlocked by using Mix is also a great tool to have) or Balthier (if you don't need Rikku's AoE Reraise and Elemental Resistance/Damage Mitigation).

Your pair of Amelias can be quite deadly in the Arena, if you participate in it since she's an overall good chainer, can inflict an AoE Stop (beware of the Ayakas though, as she's immune to Stop and can cure it) and can heal with Curaga if needed, she's kinda squishy though.

You could also train one of your Soleil and awaken her dances (give priority to the defensive ones as they'll allow you to survive longer/better). She could be a good alternative to Lunera's Song when you want to use her as a Magic Chainer with a Lunera friend. Soleil's also great for 10 man trials, if you plan on doing them at some point.

Hope it helps. ;)

zapzap likes this.
  10. Rikku97

Rikku97 New Member

Thanks everyone for the input ,I'll awake my lunera then and go VoE,lunera,rikku,balthier and aria

11. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Member

Leads:
    Ace, Cloud
    I still use 2x Amelias, but then I have some stuff that really works for her:
    Romadan pistol (tmr) + salamander gauntlets (fire fist)
    Valiant II + salamander gauntlets

so, they dw fire elemental chain with disorder. ofc, you have to enhance both of them to be able to equip and dw with fists.
    It also helps that I 70% fire imperil with ace.

got them to about 690 and 660 atk, all told with gear and espers, which I'd say is pretty good for 4* chainers and doesn't rely on a friend unit to chain.

zapzap likes this.