1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Help with Aigaion please!

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Kynian, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Kynian

Kynian Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    exAileen, T.Terra
    Hello folks. Here’s the thing - I don’t know how to beat Aigaion atm while completing the “no Magic” mission!

I’m sure I have the capability to beat him if I ignore that mission, but the completionist in me needs to see all mission stars go bling.

For my team, I use 2 Trance Terra’s (one is mine, the other is a friend), both fully enhanced and sitting at or above 900 mag. I need a breaker for Aigaion’s SPR that needs to be at a high-ish % and single target (if I break the Arms, they die first and my strategy goes down the river). So I use ExAileen as my breaker and as K.O punch-bait

Then I use WoL, cause if I use Wilhelm he will be K.Oed instead, and CG Fina for the healing spot. Last spot is Rikku, cause... well, cause it’s Rikku.

Initially, I tried using Ankh of the Goddess for self reraise on ExAileen, but then she can’t break. Additionally, CG Fina’s prime heal doesn’t heal my party to full, and other types of healing are considered magic.

The double TTerras can kill Aigaion and the Arms all at once around the 6th turn (if my math and expectations are correct), provided Aigaion’s body gets it’s SPR broken above 50%.

I have Vanille and Meliadoul (not lvled yet), but am unsure if they’d fit in a group for this strategy.

Any suggestions?

2. SNova42

SNova42 Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Barbariccia, Tidus, Christine, BSS
    Well do you need Rikku at any point? CG Fina can provide AoE reraise for a threshold, so you might want to try swapping out Rikku for someone else: either another healer or another bait/tank (so exAileen is free from dying, she can then help with finishing as well).
    Otherwise, try having Rikku bait the left arm. She can still use her LB on turns it counts.

Kynian likes this.
  3. TheRunawayGirl

TheRunawayGirl Smug Baku VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Anything you might desire
    You're trying the burst method? If so, swap Rikku for a buffer/second healer. eLuka helps.

Kynian likes this.
  4. Sagranth

Sagranth Ascended Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus,Trance Terra,Barbariccia,Garnet
    If you have Yan,she can heal for 4k every turn,has aoe auto-reraise lb,damage mitigation etc.Last time i tried with two 1100+ mag TT,i needed a finisher besides the spr break to get him(he had 1-2% hp somehow after the dual awakened chaos wave),so i too used exaileen.You could also try using roy/e.ramza/lunera if you have them.

Kynian likes this.
  5. Kynian

Kynian Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    exAileen, T.Terra
    I do have Lunera, with Elven Song+2. I’m dreadfully afraid of replacing Rikku because I’ll need to go through at least 1 World Destroyer, maybe 2.

CG Fina’s LB can reraise, but how many hits does it do?

Can Genocide Beam be tanked by Mystea?

6. Rabid Wombat

Rabid Wombat Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH FD Tidus
    eLunera easily kept my entire party at full health/mp when I took him out. My mystea couldn't tank the genocide beams, so sidelined her since with damage mitigation my team could take the hits. But I went the long route though.