1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Help with Bloody Moon

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Prime_beef, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

I have fought this POS probably 5 or more times - everytime I hit the 2nd phase I get toasted. The last time I hit the phase he snorted Basch out and my attack and supports get wasted.

I use the following team:

1. Tank - Basch - around 350 SPR 580 Def 9500 HP. No 9s TMR unfortunately :( Genji SHLD
    2. Healer - Ayaka - 500ish SPR, 250 def, 8000 HP - Safety Bit
    3. DMG - eTT - 1000 MAG fully potted
    4. DMG - eTT - 800ish MAG fully potted
    5. SUPPORT - Rikku or Yan - 300ish spr, 300ish def, 5000ish HP
    6. DMG - eTT FRIEND - usually 900-1100 MAG

I have many more units to pick and choose from, but from what I read this team and their rotations should be able to handle these clowns.

The strategy I use is typically as follows:

Basch - physical guard, guard, guard, repeat
    Ayaka - heal and reraise as normal
    eTTs - magical activation and BLAST
    Rikku / Yan - DMG Mitigation (YAN) , LB up (eccentrik), LB, Break Resistance (YAN) , MP Battery as needed (YAN)

* I can survive the 2nd phase insta kill with Basch and Ayaka but the rest of my team gets blasted. Basch can usually survive like a champ during phase one, but in phase 2 he will occasionally get killed allowing other units to get curb stomped. This is what usually goes wrong - Basch gets killed then someone else does, i try to revive everyone but my rotation gets screwed up and everything goes downhill from there.

Any tips or advice? What am I doing wrong here? I wish I had patriotic recall and 9s' TMR, I think survivability for my tank is the big issue here - but alas my TMRs are almost all physical damage dealer oriented.

2. Zilch

Zilch VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight most of the time
    Would go for magical cover (Meteor) and then it shouldn't be that bad. It's a long fight, don't push him through more than one threshold or he will just blow you up XD
    2nd phase insta kill should wipe your whole team and then you should reraise through Rikku/Yan LB. With three eTT you shouldn't have a problem to blast him. There are various videos on YouTube. Also if your Basch gets killed -> try to get reraise up on him so he revives and no other unit gets badly destroyed?

3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Ascended Member

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Tidus DW 1001 ATK 2x Bird Killer
    Also, the round after using the Cover Skill from Basch - let him Block (swipe down) until you have to recast it. But i assume you did that already. And if you can, finish the eTT triple chain with Bahamut as soon as the Moon is around 15 percent health.

4. Sartre

Sartre Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    I think what is getting you in Phase 2 is the stat breaks. I would take out one of those eTTs (you really only need two), and put in a buffer like eSoleil if you have one to counteract the breaks. Every turn in phase 2 it uses a different stat break, and one of them is a -75% full break! That is going to seriously cripple your tank and your entire team, so either having buffs that are greater than the break or break resistance is a must here. I used Veritas of Earth, personally, for the trial since he has the AoE stat break immunity for the party as well as being a decent AoE physical tank. If I were lucky enough to have Basch I would probably use him, instead, so I'd think about replacing your lower MAG eTT for a buffer unit. As stated above, you also don't want to push through too many thresholds (every 20% health) in one go, as it will use all of the threshold attacks in one turn, which will most likely wipe your whole team. Take it slow and be patient, and just make sure to kill everything all at once in the end.

Prime_beef likes this.
  5. FFiscrack

FFiscrack Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rem, reberta, A2
    I obama' d wicked moon on 2nd try with

WoL > provoke tank
    Mystea > magic cover tank
    Yan > support and LB reraise
    Tillith > support/healer/mp recovery
    eLunera > chainer with her bow
    eLunera > chainer with her bow

Really wasn't that hard and my team was never really in trouble. eLunera did alot of damage to big moon and her single target skills helped get the adds hp to the right amount before killing all with 2x eLunera lb chains. If mp was becoming a problem then I just sang with 1 Lunera and did single target damage with the other. idk if this helps you or not but if you happen to have eLunera I can put mine up for you.

Sounds like your going with to much damage and not enough support if your dieing alot. Gotta slowly and carefully widdle down adds towards the end if you want all missions

Prime_beef likes this.
  6. Kelban

Kelban Well-Known Member Supporter

I ran
    Chow - magic cover
    Ayaka - healer
    Basch - provoke
    BS Sakura
    eTT
    eTT friend

First time basch was dying non stop(because he kept getting paralyzed)making it hard for me to do anything but heal and retakes him. Second attempt I just put paralyze protection on basch and battle was pretty simple only basch ever died other then at transition and since chow and ayaka had immunity to death and I had retained on others was a cinche to recover and continue. The only issue I had was getting the 3 acolytes life low enough to kill all at once since they didn’t spawn at same time and TTS didn’t do to well with single target damage could only use bs Sakura really.

Prime_beef likes this.
  7. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

Hmm I think you are right on this one. Like I said before, when I entered phase two my whole rotation got messy. Focusing on break immunity might have been the straw that broke my back here. Ill take that in mind next time I fight this large headed mofo.

Sartre likes this.
  8. Zilch

Zilch VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Onion Knight most of the time
    Good luck on that :) I tried it many times until I figured out I had TOO much power and needed to chain not perfectly just to not push through to various thresholds :D I imagine if you have 3 eTT you do the same (pushing through many thresholds).

9. Senturion

Senturion "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    I just did this fight so let me share my strategy. I always got wiped at phase 2 transition as well till I did this:

Provoke Tank: I used White Knight Noel but you can use Cagnazzo or WOL (Note: Important to have provoke tank because he will soak up all the devours)
    Magic Tank: I used Chow but Basch is fine (IMPORTANT: Put Safety Bit (anti-death) on your magic tank)
    Damage: ETT + ETT = more than enough
    Healer: Ayaka (just spam Re-raise + Curaja)
    Support: Yan or Rikku both fine.

Note: Important to put safety bit on your AOE Magic Cover Tank (aka Basch) because during transition, you want to defend with Basch and he will survive the transition and be able to AOE Magic block your entire team so when they get re-raised after the Death Spell, they don't get killed again by the heavy AOE magic damage. Why provoke tank? 1. Because of Devour and 2. Because the boss still does alot of ST physical attacks and if your Basch is not super geared... he will die and when he dies... your team will get smacked around.

Note: This is not a DPS race (you dont need 3 e.TT). This fight is all about surviving the transition and killing all of them at same time.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  10. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    Also, if you're ever in need of another eTT friend, you're more than welcome to borrow mine. My GL ID is 285,040,508. My eTT has 1111 MAG and comes with Levi esper so she get's 25% mag damage boost with the spirit killer (it's dual race, unfortunately, so only half the bonus). Feel free to add me and msg me when you need me to switch my lead. I have my OK up for the current raid atm.

11. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

Sounds good man, i'll do just that. Looking at trying to tackle the moon again in the next few days since i'm now burnt out from trials and need a break. I'll shoot u a message before I attempt round 1 million with him. Also, I had no idea TT gets a 25% mag boost with Levi - I always put tetra or ramuh on her. That will definitely boost my DMG output.

Sartre likes this.
  12. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    She only gets a 50% killer effect bonus against spirits/faeries (Bloody Moon is half faery, half demon) and aquans (such as Leviathan). It's not a +25% MAG. Want to make sure that's clear. They are killer effects, but unlike most killers that only work on physical damage, Leviathan has access to these two magic killer effects. It's still a nice boost to overall damage if you're up against one of those monster types, but since Bloody Moon is half-n-half the normal 50% gets cut down to 25%.

Most TTs I have on my friends list use Tetra Sylphid, I'm assuming because of the camouflage that comes with it. I prefer the magic killers ::up::

13. AlbinoMenace

AlbinoMenace Member

I was going to add you but you’re at capacity. I’ll leave a free space in my friends list for you. I also have an OK or Christine or Trance Terra up usually.

My ID is 002 960 711

Thanks

Sartre likes this.
  14. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    Just tried to send you a request and it said you were at capacity. It's weird because I've had 5 slots open for the past few days so requests should be going through. Bug since last update?

15. AlbinoMenace

AlbinoMenace Member

Must have been a weird bug. I cleared out an additional friend that hasn’t played in 29 days and was then able to add you

16. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

I tried to down this sucker yesterday doing the CG Sakura Final Thunder stack CAP and using 2x eTT's. My team was Basch, eSoliel, 2x eTT (8-950 MAG each), CG Sakura (900 MAG) and CG Fina.

Buffed up with Soliel, I was able to dwindle down and wipe all the apostles at once chaining my eTTs awakened chaos wave. I blasted the moon twice with stacked Final Thunder, and threw out bahamut off Basch. While all the apostles went down hard, Bloody Moon only dropped to about 70 something health - both times I tried. I have no idea what went wrong - numerous youtube videos showed success in others doing what I failed to do twice. I'm guessing my magic is just too low?

Today i'm going to try a new strategy. I just beefed out Ramza's Hero song. With that, I should be able to adequately buff up all my units, and heal them and MP refresh them all at once. Doing that i'm thinking I can drop CG Fina, and replace her with another eTT. So my team with be:

Basch, 3x eTT (800, 900, friend 1100 MAG), CG Sakura (900 MAG), eRamza. I want to get the wicked moon down in the first phase. Spending 60 turns only to die at the end like i did the first few times i tried this trial is just not appealing to me.

Looking at this new strat, any of you bros have any tips for me?

17. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

BTW my Basch is about 9000 HP, 550 SPR / DEF so he can handle the hits pretty well.

18. aa25

aa25 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/OK
    Did you spark chain your eTT ?

19. Prime_beef

Prime_beef New Member

No. I haven't been able to spark chain since gumi fixed the tap delay trick.

20. aa25

aa25 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/OK
    I think that is what you missed. You probably have to spark chain your eTT for that method to work.