1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Help young Brachiosaurs to find sexy married nukes in my area.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Klaus, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Klaus

Klaus Polll0rd VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Any top tier magical chainer. Really.
    I used Light is with Us! from WoL to AoE cover, Roy's first defensive song, Manufactured Neticite with Eiko to nullify Ultima and then normal attacks with Fry and Raegen to build esper gauge.

Result: Brachio counters twice nuking with over 10k damage my WoL and Fry.

Lost.

I read the wiki and thought this was an easy ticket for Rena. What the fridge went wrong?

Hibernis likes this.
  2. god.nomad

god.nomad Ascended Member

Can you copy this strat?

Klaus likes this.
  3. Masvroh

Masvroh Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Noctis
    No breaks?

Iirc, the Ultima is not that strong if you apply break, beat it without Celes/manufactured neticite. Just breaking and buffing.

Klaus likes this.
  4. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Olive
    You need to dispel and then break it on the first turn, otherwise don't expect surviving.

It use a massive atk/mag buff on preemptive turn and tresholds.

Klaus likes this.
  5. Ashlag

Ashlag Stan Lee's dead ? Dang... Staff Member Moderator VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    I went in blind (mostly), and breaks + double tank nullify all damages but the counters that still goes through directly to your DPS (careful about those). Your Mag tank might die on all the aoe Meteor (unless bigtank, guarding and breaks I guess ? I mean, it died on the 1st one but that's it), if you want you can combine that with Sarah to still have a shot for the physical aoe if you can't deal with them. And yeah, don't let him stay buffed ::ink::

Klaus likes this.
  6. Dantz

Dantz Housedl0rd! Spooky Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eFryevia/GLS/Barb/Seph/Raegen/DL/eTT
    You should be able to one shot him with Fry/Raegan, so you just have to bide your time until you get enough esper orbs/LB crysts. I would actually switch Garnet in for Eiko for increasing your summon gauge, since her LB is easy to obtain, and fills the gauge much faster. Fry to dispel since you can't do any damage on Turn 1/thresholds. Break him with Raegan on the first turn, use WoL afterwards. Fill your final roster spot with someone who can use the nethecite and fill another roll like a buffer, 2nd tank, healer, etc. Rikku's Pouch helps here a lot with both Panacea for any ailments, if you don't have them all covered, and Eccentrick to increase your LB fill rate. Also, he's weak to Dragon Killer, so Odin on either of your DPS and any Dragon Killer materia you have will help. Use WoL's LB for the mission bonus instead of Raegan/Fry. Also, make sure you soften him up with FFB on the turn prior to killing him so you can take full advantage of the ice imperil.

legasaurusrex and Klaus like this.
  7. Klaus

Global ID:
    Leads:
    My breaker would be WoL, but I used his AoE Cover instead. Could break with Fry though.

Oh well, this might be it. So I have to bring Manufactured Neticite and Bushido Freedom then?

What is a mag tank? ::ink::
    This is calling for HTLid's army.

8. Klaus

Global ID:
    Leads:
    This is a lot of info to put into perspective.

Let's say that Fry and Raegen eat 2 spots. Then I need a buffer, Roy could work. Then I need either a mag or phys tank, I'm going with the phys option on my WoL (btw I can achieve 100% evasion on him, in case that helps), then there's only one spot left for a healer/utility which will obviously be Eiko as I don't have a leveled Garnet.

I can AoE Cover with WoL, buff with Roy, Dispel with Fry, break with Raegen and use MNeticite with Eiko on turn 1. Brachio counters once due to Raegen's break damage. Will I survive?

9. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Well there are 2 ways to see it : a Physical aoe cover tank, and prepare to survive to the Mag aoe (mainly the big ones from thresholds), or use a Mag tank (potentially as a meat-bag on thresholds, if you can't do better) and prepare to survive to the aoe physical. And then only, consider (by testing I guess ?) how much counters against your DPS directly you can afford ::ink::

Klaus likes this.
  10. Klaus

Global ID:
    Leads:
    How about 1? ::ink::

11. Ashlag

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    If you have only 1 st unavoidable counter per chainer, fine. With breaks/buffs, he should tank it. If you have several counters coming and all hitting, pray. And prepare a healer.

Klaus likes this.
  12. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Olive
    Any esper with dispel is enough.

Klaus likes this.
  13. Klaus

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Done. Checked what the 5 man mission was and decided to drop it to bring a Sakura for Miti + Ailment resistance. Eiko summoned Shiva on turn 5, WoL used his LB and Fry/Rae nuked it. Ez game.

Ticket was: Blue -> Gold -> Chloe -> Tears

god.nomad and Dantz like this.
  14. Celtacross

Celtacross Well-Known Member

Good day. I tried on this one with Noctis solo, though I do add couples who can hide along the way. Now at the 47%, somehow Noctis got thrown out, leaving no one who can fight properly again. I was wondering how those people who soloing this one with Noctis can bypass it? Anyone can help me out?

15. Dantz

Dantz Housedl0rd! Spooky Chocobro VIP Spooky Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    eFryevia/GLS/Barb/Seph/Raegen/DL/eTT
    He does a snort at the 50% and 30% thresholds. In order to bypass that, you would need to Jump with Noctis on the same turn that you go over those thresholds to avoid the Snort.

Celtacross likes this.
  16. Celtacross

Looks like I need to time it better, or prepare some sacrifice in case... thanks in advance.

17. Celtacross

Well, finish it with 2/4 star, not getting the moggle and ticket. at least I got the materia and the bow.