1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

HERO RINGS! How to farm Ice and Fire Megacrysts [Videos]

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Jake, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Jake

Jake Member

Global ID:
    So just to help people that may have just gotten their Hero Ring recipe (If you have not got it yet you need to acquire 30 trophies and I will explain that below) on how and where to farm for these mats.

Where to farm Fire Megacrysts (click on spoiler to watch video)

Where to farm Ice Megacrysts (click on spoiler to watch video)

Now this WILL take time. They are a rare drop. You can have some good runs with like 3 to 4 of them dropping and you will have runs with 0 dropping. You need 10 each of the Ice and Fire Megacrysts and then 3 silver ore but you will get the silver easy by running the explorations.

How to acquire your hero ring recipe.
    Under Menu when you click on this is opens up a new page. Your player info is there, Trophies, Guides, Options for sound, to logout of Facebook, all them awesome things. We will focus on the Trophies!

Well, this is pretty simple but time consuming. But here is what you can do. What I have listed in red at the end of each achievement, is the total of trophies you can have by doing a little bit of effort.

The following trophies are listed under ACHIEVEMENTS:

Soldier of Fortune - This will come with time. It is pretty easy to hit 10,000 right now because of the giveaway. After that this will be a grind. I found this to be wrong. The 10,000 from the giveaway does not count. You can gain gil from running zones, selling units, selling Gil Snappers, running the Gil Snapper's Cave event, or under Vortex of Desires - running the Chamber of Riches.
    Getting Silver in this is pretty easy for 2 trophies - 2 trophies

Forger of Bonds - This one is hard if you do not have a lot of friends and if you do not use Lapis on expanding your friends list. You can gain these by bringing companions with you on your adventures, by getting your daily gifts from friends, and from your friends using your leader on their adventures.
    Getting Bronze in this is pretty easy. After that you need to expand your friends list. - 3 trophies

Awakening Adept - This is gained by awakening your units. The EASIEST way of doing this is using friend summons and taking 1 star characters, leveling them to level 15, and then awakening them. Most people will have a lot of 1* awakening materials, unless you sell them.
    This is an easy bronze trophy, kind of grindy Silver trophy, and very grindy Gold trophy, but Silver is easy to obtain. - 5 trophies

Quest Champion - You can easily get 40 quests by using guides and picking up all your quests. A bit grindy but very easy to get Silver in this one! - 7 trophies

Fabled Smith, Divine Technician, and Peerless Chemist - These can all be worked on at the same time. Always have something crafting, if you need you can expand to two slots so you can craft more items faster.
    For Fabled Smith - I recommend making whips - They require 3 Thickened Hide and take 5 mins to craft.
    For Divine Technician - craft all the lower spells like Cure, Blizzard, Thunder. They use 3 Crysts (Of the spell type so like Blizzard will use Ice Cryst), a Farplane soul, and Alcryst (Which you can buy in the Ability shops for 200 gil ea.) Just keep making spells and skills.
    Peerless Chemist - I recommend making Shuriken. They use only 1 Copper ore to make and 5 mins to craft.​
    By using that above you can get 10 of each in no time for 3 easy trophies or you can grind a little bit to make 100 of each of them for 6 trophies.
    Easy puts you at 10 trophies. Grinding puts you at 13 trophies.

Generous Giver and Person of Renown - Once again these depend on your friends lists! The bigger your list, the faster these are completed. Bronze in both of these are EASY if you get 10 friends, it is done. Easy 2 trophies. The grind is Silver and Gold, but unless you have a few hundred friends, that will take a while.
    Easy puts you at 15 trophies - HALFWAY THERE! (12 if you do not have 13 above)

The following trophies are listed under QUEST:

Esteemed Explorer - This is just you doing explorations. Trust me, once you get to Zadehl Westersand and Wolfsfang Peak, you will gain a lot of explorations in farming materials for your rings. On top of that by doing them the first time, running them for Magicite, and for quests will help you gain these. Getting 10 is easy for Bronze and getting 1000 for Silver is a grind.
    Easy 16 trophies, grind 17 trophies.

God of War - This is an easy 3 trophies. All you have to do is play the game. The damage you do in each fight just keeps adding up and before you know it, you have gold.
    Easy 3 trophies for a total of 20 trophies!

Crushing Conqueror - This can now easily be gold if you have strong spell caster and a friend that has Exodeath or Exodeath yourself. Just cast all your strongest spells on the end boss in Earth Shrine - Exit. All the Elemental Chain damage should net you an EASY Silver and if you are lucky Gold.
    Easy 2 trophies, Lucky 3 trophies total Easy 22, lucky 23.

Item Whiz - This is very simple. Go and buy items like potions, Antidote, Eye drops, Smelling Salts, Echo Herbs, ect from Shop vendors. Get 99 of each. The go into Earth Shrine - Exit or where ever that the mobs are easy and will not kill you, and just use these items. You can only take 10 of each with you at a time. If you take all 6 slots of items, that is 60 per run so in 2 runs, that is an easy bronze trophy. To grind this would be pretty expensive to make it to silver.
    Easy 1 trophy puts you are 23 or 24.

Supreme Evoker - Grindy but easy 1 trophy, Will probably be one of your last ones completed to hit 100 espers being evoked.
    Grindy 1 trophy (I still have not done this one....) Maybe one trophy 24 or 25

Archmage, Ability Master, and Limit Break - best way to grind Limit Break is in explorations. Use spells, skills, and limit breaks every time they come up. Easiest way to do Archmage is go into an easy zone with healers and spam cast cure until your MP is gone. Same with Abilities, if you have people that can self buff using abilities, spam them. All of these are a grind but easy to be completed.
    Easy 3 Trophies Grindy 6 trophies. 27 or 28

Legendary Thief - Ok this one is a hell of a grind. Best way to do this one however is to get the crafting skill for steal. This is done by finding the Earth Key #25 which can be found in Zadehl Westersand - Exploration. Craft the skill and then throw this on whoever in your party can use it. Then go into an easy exploration (Take a healer) and spam steal until you got everything, then kill that group of mobs and move onto the next fight. The COOL thing about this is each time you use this skill, it also adds to Ability Master!!!! Even if you fail the steal. NOW for you to gain in here you MUST successfully steal from a monster. This is an easy Bronze trophy and a grindy silver trophy.
    Easy 1 trophy. Grindy 2 trophies. 28 or 29

The following trophies are listed under COLOSSEUM:

Storied Warrior - Easy 1 Trophy 29 or done
    Noble Champion - Easy 1 Trophy 30
    Budding Gladiator - Easy 1 Trophy 31

Ok so run down -
    Easy nets you about 26 Trophies.
    Grinding nets you like 5 to 8 Trophies.
    That is a grand total of 31 to 34 Trophies.

Any questions feel free to post!!!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou New Member

Very nice guide! Well done!

3. ClimaxInYou

ClimaxInYou New Member

Fire megacryst o so much easier to get than ice. I keep getting water ones. Plus side is that one can lvl limit bursts, get some exp and food for the espers.

4. Night

Night Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    How many rings would you say is needed? Currenly working on mats for nr6. Tho nr2 and 3 will be done tonight =).

5. Fleur

Fleur New Member

Global ID:
    I'd say six-ish, probably not more than that.

6. Night

Night Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Kinda what I felt aswell. Great! Then I can put my head down for some awesome rank grinding! =P

7. Jake

Jake Member

Global ID:
    Thank You

8. Oussama Ghazouani

Oussama Ghazouani Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth
    Farming Hero Rings is the way to go. After clearing story, it's a good way to raise rank (for Ice Megacryst, it's 307 rank points for 11 energy). So keep looking for Ice/Fire Megacryst until Pampa event comes, at least that's what I do

9. Revenge

Revenge Dark Messenger VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Chizuru
    I started to farm Ice Megacrysts and it was very easy with 1 or 2 per run. I thin only one time i did not get anyone. I got 22 Ice's.
    I now started the Fire Megacrysts, but in 2 runs i did not get any. Are the drop rates for the Fire lower than for the Ice?

10. Supreme

Supreme Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    chizurur
    i learned about the rings late. thanks for the video it really gonna help get me started @_@

11. Kaka

Kaka Eileen Lovers VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Thanks god i have 27 Ice Megacryst when i unlock the recipes..
    I only have 7 Fire Megacryst and going to make my fist Heros Ring..

12. Jeany1234

Jeany1234 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth 954 ATK
    Is there a change here with Dirnado? I think the Maranda Coast suits good for Ice and the dwarf cave for Fire... plus additional exp and more places to farm?

13. Kaka

Kaka Eileen Lovers VIP Supporter

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Eileen
    Maranda Coast is great for Ice Megas..
    Ive been lucky in there..
    But perpare yourself if you get 0 in 2 runs.. Lol..
    But when you are lucky, you will get 2 or 3 of them..

And about Dwarven Forge, i have no idea..

14. Shadethemage

Shadethemage New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Global: Kefka
    This guide helped so much thank you for making it.

15. Kinnik

Kinnik Active Member

Thanks for the guide; I did want to add that Kolobos Marsh gives alot of Ice Megacrysts, I usually get 1-4 per run, almost every run

16. MaximilianVII

MaximilianVII Member

YES!! i second that, i noticed Kolobos Marsh has higher rng chance to get more Ice Megacryst. I've been doing alot runs at Wolfsfang peak and Kolobos Marsh, it's RNG but i got better chance at Kolobos Marsh :)

17. rodrigocp

rodrigocp Active Member

MaximilianVII likes this.
  18. XercZyzz

XercZyzz New Member

This is a tad more in dept on which place makes for a better farm based on Energy and used number of collection points or resource nodes available in each.
    Zadehl Wasteland: 9 Energy, 3 resource nodes
    Golzas Canyon: 13 Energy, 5 resource nodes
    Dwarve's Forge: 13 Energy, 5 resources nodes

I did one run each and got ONE Fire Megacryst. I would say the only difference in the last two is how much xp you get from the run as a whole. Dwarve's Forge feels like it is more running around to me as well. You can also do two quest in Golzas Canyon via farming, When the Knight Comes and Feather in Your. So I feel this one is the best for you energy.

Also if 1 resource node = 3 enegry then Golzas or Dwarve's Forge would be the better deal as you get 10 nodes for 26 energy (2 runs) verses 9 nodes for 27 energy (3 runs).

I have not tried to farm for Ice Megacryst yet but Kolobos Marsh or Maranda Coast are the same energy and nodes available. MC looks more straight forward and not much running around so may take less time. Have not time any runs... and not gonna lol.

With any of these, go with the one you feel the most lucky with cause it appears it is all RNG. Take as many chances as you can get.

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  19. Skyreus

Skyreus Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I have been trying Aquatic Cove and Lake Dorr for Ice and Fire Megacrysts respectively but so far I have not been getting that many Fire Megacryst drops at the lake. Not sure if I'm just unlucky or the drop rates really are that bad...

Been farming those two areas since the energy cost is lower.

20. rodrigocp

rodrigocp Active Member

Actually the number of nodes dont seem to be important, if you look https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...IRZTWXY8cfIDHL3zqaPCfGomU/edit#gid=1894765455 the total data show the average drop and is pretty much the same it's average 16-19 drops per run, the only diference is that on a 3 node map you will get 4-5 itens per node while a 5 node you will get 2-3 per node, if you check you will see its true.

Fire mega: zadehl westersand and Lake Dorr seems to still give the best drop rate/NRG (0,10 per NRG)
    Ice Mega: Aquactic Cove gives the best (0,11/NRG) while Wolfsfang Peak and Kolobos Marsh give a little less (0,09/NRG)