1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Hi, old friends

Discussion in 'General' started by fffan, May 14, 2019.

1. fffan

fffan "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    I am not sure if there are still veterans remember me. I left this game a year ago. Recently my cousin found out about this game and asked me. He seems interested. Anyway, long story short, is it still worth to start a new account at this point? Is macro running earth shine still mandatory?

With the 7*s in play, what units to roll for now? Healer, tank, support and DPS wise.

Thanks

xTeKt0n1c, Seven, Ferax and 2 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, KM Units
    I don't think ES is necessary. I've gotten two, almost three TMRs in the past 3 weeks, just off of moogles. We also have a new expedition that we can run 3 times per day, adds 0.3% to the tmr for 3* and lower, 0.2% for 4* and up. If you can put five copies of a 3* in there, you can have the tmr in about 18 days, no effort. A 4*+ takes a lot longer (27 days), but it can still be done.

Seven likes this.
  3. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, KM Units
    re-Rolling?

Esther, Akstar and Zeno for physical damage, Karllette for Hybrid. Black Mage Golbez High Seraph Ultima for Magic.
    Healers, Lotus Mage Fina, Folka, and Ayaka. Myra isn't bad either.
    Breakers, you want Auron or Loren. Beowulf and Heavenly Technician Lid aren't bad
    Buffers, you want Sylvie, Yuraisha, one of the Nichols, or Zargabaath
    Tanks is complicated. Basch is a good multi purpose cover tank, who can provide side breaks. Seighard excels at physical cover and provoking. Wilhelm is great for provoke and helps provide mitigation to the team. Awakened Rain is good for Magic tanking.

Check the first post of this thread:
    https://brave-exvius.com/threads/memel0rds-unit-rankings.15685/

Seven, M!to and Matri like this.
  4. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, KM Units
    To clarify: Without mathing it out for you, you just have to get a total of 80% on the five of them (16% each), and then fuse the five of them together. That takes 18 days for 3* units, and 27 days for 4* units.

Seven likes this.
  5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    We get so many moogs from 3 5* base units anymore and (50% any moog from combining a 5* base into a 7* unit ) plus the 10% and 5% are plenty now. Dps? We just had within two weeks back to meta changing events. Supreme is probably Zeno of beta star not far behind is esther, support? Sylvie breaker buffer element resist imbue 3 elements on dps mitigate damage raise reraise you name it for support lol, aim for sylvie the rest will follow. Oh she can also make 2 other units chain with Esther at the same time with w-cast and same frames as bolting strike. Good time to come back or show someone the ropes. Have them get all the lapis they can and do the 24000 lapis step on Zeno banner and hope to get two of him! Cheers and best wishes.

Seven likes this.
  6. fffan

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    It’s good to know the TMR is much easier to get now.
    What’s about dupes? I heard there’s UoC tickets. How often do you get those?
    It’s really hard to reroll 5* dupes, especially you need 10 of them for a team.

Seven and Regalia like this.
  7. fffan

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    The step up for Esther is gone , right?

Can you still pull her and Sylvie off banner?

8. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes, they are not time limited and can be uoc’d from the pool of permanent units. Sylvie, like I said is the prize for overall tool kit, it’s off the charts. Dps is always going to be powercrept in a few months or so but tanks healers and support get new functions, and right now there’s no contest, ie sylvie drops a major attack buff on dps and same time breaks def of enemies. Then can at same time buff the rest of the teams ( all stats ) her lb removes stat debuffs and stop, restores mp 3 round 75% immunity to all elements and grants 3500 extra hp on top of your units hp ( barrier ) https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Sylvie

Check this out at lvl 110 and keep in mind she has w-cast ( two different types so it’s one or the other , she can’t imbue dps with earth element and do this at the same time, [11 turns cooldown, available on turn 1]
    Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR break resistance (100%) for 5 turns to all allies
    Increase ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR (170%) for 5 turns to all allies
    Enable skill for 2 turns to caster: Triple the fun!, on the next round she can use any of her abilities 3 times for one round triple the fun, but she can buff 170% and break 70% at the same time ( with 80 mp buff attack or defense one unit ) w-cast Miriam watch over me and hop into battle or hop to the rescue.and the breaks are aoe to all enemies lol Oops sorry with the 11 turns cool down she can t-cast abilities for 2 rounds not one. And when needed she has raise reraise and Dispelga meaning folka just got ultra powerful( still no AoE Reraise but dayyyyum! )

Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Seven likes this.
  9. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Sophia/Beatrix/Esther/Sylvie
    The difficulty of the game barely changes from a year ago. I don't think you need to reroll to get get 7* right away. As always, you can reroll to get a good start, but it is not really necessary.

Seven likes this.
  10. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, KM Units
    You dont need a 7* right off the bat, or even for most of the story. Take one or two top tier 5* units.

UoC tickets let you pull one copy of a non-limited 5* unit. You need 10 of them to get a unit, and we seem to get 2-3 per month. I've been paying since November, and I've gotten 16 of them so far.

There's also the parameter missions, one time quests that require you to finish a combat with a unit that meets a specific stat requirement. For example, have a unit with 1000 def. Some of those award UoC, but they're one time rewards

Seven and MikePro like this.
  11. fffan

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    I see. I just pulled a rainbow from the start, but it's Ash from FF12. I remember she is a 4*, why she showed up as 5* rainbow now?

Seven likes this.
  12. fffan

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    Yeah, DPS comes and goes. Tanks, healers and supports are stay for the long term.

13. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Oh and where the hell is my mind? Sephiroths abilities awakening are upcoming, from the latest developer video that introduced akstar and Zeno, so if your old account or their new one has seph, you might not even need esther or Zeno xD bet he’s gonna be on par with them.

Seven likes this.
  14. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Everyone gets a maxed Ashe to start now, from day one with few 5* base 4* and 3* could drop as rainbows, they just started out at max star lvl 1 , my first rainbow was warrior of light or actual delita, can’t remember.

Seven and Regalia like this.
  15. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, KM Units
    Yeah, that's a fixed event from the tutorial. The rainbow graphics is a holdover from the early days when a unit could be summoned at any tier it could reach, up to 5*. So Ashe could be summoned as either a 4* or a 5*, and the fixed summon gives a 5* version.

Nowadays, of course, units are always summoned at the lowest possible tier.

Seven likes this.
  16. fffan

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mostly chainers
    wait, Sephiroths is on pair with the current most powerful DPS?

Seven likes this.
  17. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    He could be, his enhancements are incoming. Probably ( not this weeks maintainence but the week following ) if he doesn’t offer anything why enhance? Lol

Seven likes this.
  18. Ashlag

Ashlag FF VI this week. Suplex is stronk with this one. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    My advice would be to go all out for Zeno step up rn, and eventually reroll it for the best draw possible. You have actually 1.3 weeks left to do this, he is meta defining and easy to gear, Akstar is still good enough, and that alone would make a good start for any account IMO.

Raehan, MikePro and Wdiggums like this.
  19. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rena/Barb/Sophia/Beatrix/Esther/Sylvie
    FYI, https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/b2808f/jp_7_avg_ranking_update_2019/

I don't recall enhanced Seph being that good on the JP side. Iirc, he will be somewhere between Akstar and Jecht (which was pretty strong as respect to the meta at that time on JP). Set all that aside, unless he gets 6x chain mod and become TDW chainer, I don't think he can catch up with Zeno. I mean, he is already stuck with his TMR for 50% ATK and he has only 100% ATK passive outside his Trust Ability. I don't know, I do hope Gumi will surprise us.

20. Ashlag

Ashlag FF VI this week. Suplex is stronk with this one. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    He's supposed to get some global upgrade (according to the last video)

Wdiggums and aa25 like this.