1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

How do I Shot Moog? Episode: Four Winds Physalis

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Vetur, May 22, 2020.

1. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yuna FFX2, IF Rain, DP Fina
    [​IMG]

Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT A REVIEW OR A GUIDE. I've stopped trying to make my unit observations look like as such long ago. This is just a short-ish post on how to use Four Winds Physalis.

Before reading further, I will assume you have read her basic information on the wiki.

In this post, I will refer to Four Winds Physalis as T-Phy, the shorthand for her JP name Tetra Physalis. That's pronounced (t'fai), like my favorite Starship Troopers character T'Phai.

Currently, according to Furcula's spreadsheet, she is the most damaging mage we have right now. She clocks in at 34.7b DPT, which is 3b above our previous mage champion Draconian Princess Fina. For the purposes of this guide, however, I will not focus heavily on her maths or skill rotations. I'll leave that for someone more qualified like Memel0rd.

T-Phy's equipment selection is a bit unusual. For a magical DPS, she has access only to Knives, Spears, Throwing Weapons and Guns for weapons. She can also only wear hats, helmets, clothes and light armor. Notice that Rods and Robes, the most common sources of MAG, are not in this list?

Even if you don't plan on pulling her now, you should at least try to obtain her event weapon, the Wind Sprite's Spear and upgrade it. Outside of this event, magical spears are really hard to come by. The only other magical spear of note is Quina's STMR Bistro Fork, which you may or may not have. Other uncommon MAG weapons that T-Phy can equip include High Seraph Ultima's STMR, High Seraph's Dagger and Rinoa's TMR Shooting Star.

Oh, and while she carries weapon passives for Guns and Spears, they are only for HP/SPR (15% each) so don't feel too limited to restricting weapon selection to only those two.

Who does T-Phy chain with? Here is a short list, sorted by elemental compatibility:

==Wind==

• Magitek Warrior Terra (Chaos Wind)
    • White Knight Noel[1] (Aero-Storm)
    • Yunalesca (Aeonian Wind)
    • Mystina[1] (Mystic Cross)

==Water==

* Sweet Nichol (Drowning in Love, Melting Heart, Blue Harmony[2])
    * Wizardess Shantotto (Retribution, Gate of Tartarus)

[1]: Limited unit!
    [2]: Blue Harmony is also Ice-elemental, so it's not the best option. But it is included here for brevity's sake.

As you can see, T-Phy's list of chaining partners is rather small at the moment. We can immediately rule out White Knight Noel; she's a tank, not a DPS, and is a limited unit. Mystina, another a limited unit, may also not be among your roster. Wind in general is a rather rare element to encounter let alone require, but when it does inevitably appear in a future Dark Visions event, you will not regret having T-Phy in your ranks.

Water, on the other hand, is far more common of an occurance. But her smaller chaining partner list for that element is quite limiting. At least none of them are limited units!

Now... how do we use this fluffy cinnamon roll? Her skill rotation, as you can see, is mildly complicated:

1. Sylphid Type (CD) + Deep Concentration
    2. Deeper Concentration + Physalis Type (CD) + Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind
    3. Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind x3
    4. Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind x3
    5. Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind + F-Type Strongest Storm Shot (Varuna+) (CD) + F-Type Strongest Storm Shot (Vayu+) (CD)
    6. Sylphid Type (CD) + Deep Concentration
    7. Deeper Concentration + Physalis Type (CD) + Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind
    8. Hurricane Lancer (LB)
    9. Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind x3
    10. Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind + F-Type Strongest Storm Shot (Varuna+) (CD) + F-Type Strongest Storm Shot (Vayu+) (CD)

T-Phy won't be doing anything every Turn 1/6/11/... which is annoying if you are attempting to one-shot something. So plan carefully around enemy thresholds and periods of (complete) damage resistance. You can substitute Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind for its Water equivalent with no loss in damage. If the enemy is resistant to either Wind or Water, you'll have to ignore either F-Type Strongest Storm Shot (Varuna+) or Vayu+ among the shuffle.

Note that her skill mods and her SPR break from her CD skill, Physalis Type, lasts only 4 turns out of its 5-turn CD. But it's not really an issue since on the turn the break expires, she will be on the "Sylphid Type + Deep Concentration" step of her rotation anyway.

There may be some mathematical debate on T-Phy's Turn 8; namely, whether or not her LB is feasible to use versus another use of Sylphid Physalis Bullet - Wind x3. Unless you are facing enemy dispels, I would argue that it doesn't matter which of the two choices you take. However, if dispelling is an issue, her LB is a good alternative to putting imperils back on while waiting for Sylphid Type's cooldown.

As for the other skills not part of this rotation? Well...

You are only using Armored Anti-Water Grenade (Varuna) or Armored Anti-Wind Grenade (Vayu) if you are faced with heavy dispelling and can't use her LB. They don't serve much of a purpose otherwise.

Updraft (her self-applied Bird Killer) is very situational. Most trial-class bird enemies (Glacial) resist or absorb T-Phy's elements to begin with, so you wouldn't even be using her anyway. The only upcoming enemy where this ability would see use at all would be Dark Phoenix (whenever Phoenix Jake gets released). So you can safely ignore this ability too. Do keep it in mind for the future if you have Mastermind Xon, however...

Magic Splash/Storm Bullet is nice to fill up the evocation gauge fast if you don't have (or don't want to use) more qualified evo gauge builders like Draconian Princess Fina (her LB fills it instantly, and you can use it on Turn 1).

And that is pretty much all I have to say on T-Phy. I don't regret pulling for her one bit.

Shrike, 21er, Frosty Toast and 8 others like this.
  2. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    The title should probably be, "How do I shoot Moog? Episode Four Winds Physalis," and of course this title needs her auto attack animation wherever possible!
    [​IMG]

r00t61 and Khidir like this.
  3. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    WKN Is a HE first of all.

Secondly WKN can be built for Mag and gets up to 22X mod on the CWA chain, gets permanent t cast on the skill, alongside a 100% imperil with the other Latent. This is perfectly viable if needed to be used in a mage role. WKN magic stats can get pretty damn high. He is a 7.1B mage in the spreadsheet, and that is with really OLD build with 2847 mag AFTER 200% mag boost.

Remember in Dark visions, we need to be able to do what we can in order to make things happen. Dont shoot it down just because it isnt top tier.

Edit: This is a build I can make. It has 2 open slots and is at the mag cap already.

White Knight Noel 7★
    Right hand: First Nirvana MP+20%, ATK+10, MAG+160, MAG+30%, SPR+40 (IW :MAG/MP +20%, MAG +10%)
    Left hand: Asura's Rod (FFBE) MP+20%, ATK+12, MAG+174, MAG+20% (IW :MAG/MP +20%)
    Head: Shiva's Tiara DEF+3, MAG+51
    Body: Lordly Robes (FFBE) DEF+45, MAG+65, SPR+65
    Accessory 1: Ravenheart MP+10%, ATK+40, ATK+20%, DEF+10, MAG+40, MAG+20%, SPR+10
    Accessory 2: Ice Rosetta DEF+50, MAG+50
    Materia 1: Witch's Cackle MAG+80%
    Materia 2: Light's Vengeance HP+40%, MAG+30%, SPR+30%
    Esper: Shiva HP+93, MP+105, ATK+58, DEF+61, MAG+100, SPR+98
    Total: HP:11219, MP:765, ATK:379, DEF:469, MAG:2860, SPR:717

2 open slots plus of course change esper as needed. White Knight Noel can help in dv for chaining purposes if needed.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast The Scrubber of Tubs VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    ::ink::

Just messing with ya. Really well thought out analysis, would take it to heart if I still played the game :)

5. illy

illy i'll make a cup of coffee for your head VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    oooh thanks for the reminder!

i was desperately looking through my units to see who i could chain with

Nixilu likes this.
  6. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    OdinR, Ed, Cloud, XWQL, 4WPhysalis
    Don't forget she can use the useless Ace stmr.
    Great boost on mag.

Cylian likes this.
  7. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    AKRAIN47
    125?
    To shoot or not to shoot moog. That is the question.....

Nixilu and Arkadi like this.
  8. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    With an obvious answer!
    [​IMG]

PhaseShifter likes this.
  9. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    362 169 161
    Leads:
    AKRAIN47
    125?
    Yorick is that you?

10. SpinG22

SpinG22 Ascended Member

Join my Physalis club!! She is awesome!!

Attached Files:

11. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    yeah that is a sick mag stat

12. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yuna FFX2, IF Rain, DP Fina
    It's a reference to a trope: How do I Shot Web? Ironically enough, the OG Spider-Man usually didn't have this problem, at least in the comics.

Cylian and Arkadi like this.
  13. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I was unaware of this trope reference, even though I was aware of some of the examples. Thanks for the explanation.

Cylian likes this.
  14. Nixilu

Nixilu Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID: