1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

How long does it take you to do DV?

Discussion in 'General' started by MeeTum, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MeeTum

MeeTum "Hall of Fame" Member

Just curious, cuz I just spent 2.5 hours repeating 2-1 til my ar chain connected without breaking. That's all I got so far with near perfect scores. (Getting full scores on stage 1, took me like 2 nights.)

[​IMG]

Is this normal for everyone? Cuz at this rate, I probably won't have enough time to do them all perfectly. I actually freed up my scheduled last weekend to do a revenge on DV, and we all know what happened. Gumi internkun striked again.

::ink::

PS. They are extending the event to this weekend right? I won't have time during weekdays. Too much work..::silence::

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  2. Prime2u

Prime2u Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Well, phase 1 got about 1.5 hours total from me, the next two phases won’t get much more sadly because I just don’t have that much time to spare right now. I can get 5 minutes free quite often through the day but that isn’t enough to even start with a DV level.

3. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Doomicorn VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Wedel Kadaj Yshtola Rizer XWQL
    It changes. First DV i minmaxed the hell out of it. Last DV i nearly neglected, landed on rank 1600. This time i have a biiiiiiiit of fun trying new unit combos. 2 bosses to go and i'm at rank 1000. Or 1200. Can't remember.

Infreus likes this.
  4. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I usually just do 1-3 tries per stage, ~10 min setup. Then after I'm all done I'll go back and see if there are any I can make a significant improvement on. Helps to mix it up a bit.

5. MeeTum

So I'm the only one who can't chain properly?
    Dang it, just as I thought. This event is hell for me. I could do soft reset to get high number chain on bosses once a week for ftko. But DV requires you to get perfect chain on like 15 stages in one week.

This is freakin impossible for me.

::rudecat4::

Nixilu likes this.
  6. Jianto

Jianto Ascended Member Supporter

One full afternoon if just rushing to completion

7. Seph1roth5

Seph1roth5 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I've been having a lot of trouble AR chaining this DV, not sure why. The best seems to be 3 people 2x casting AR. What I've been doing (probably won't work for the last few stage 3s) is 99+ chain turn 1, buff turn 2, and elly/cid finish on turn 3. So happy the points for # of turns is gone lol.

8. Tedeza

Tedeza "Hall of Fame" Member

Leads:
    Esther
    F2P
    I treat DV like a homework lol.

6 days before the end of DV : "There is still lot of time, I'll just do DV later"

a day before the end of DV " Oh no! Tomorrow will be maintenance! Quick! gonna Finish All DV right now! aaaa!"

me everytime I do DV, and I hate broken chain too especially CW and CWA chains, everytime I see 1-1-1-1 I soft reset until I dont see that anymore.

Infreus and TheKillingJoke like this.
  9. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist c[_] VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Mugs to the chair.
    i dont care for it that much. I just want them two prism of choice tickets and Dmatter for the weapons is all its about for me so i just do em once and gg. Pissing contest does not interest me.

fletcha, Infreus, Eynskaet and 5 others like this.
  10. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, Lezard, Paine, MI Lass, Bonus
    Eh, about 40 minutes for each set. As long as I get 1m points and sub 10k rank, I'm okay.

Infreus, Kaladin and Archwraith like this.
  11. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

3 hours max to do the whole thing. Last day, last 3 hours before it's gone.

12. Raelf

Raelf "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    E.Hyoh, Sol, Sieghard
    The whole thing would take me 2-3 hours if I wasn't doing anything else. After that, I'm satisfied getting into top 10k for that 5* EX ticket.

13. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Around 20 minutes for stage 1

Then 1 or one and half hour for stage 2 (damn preemptive strike)

Then 40-50 minutes for the last stage.

Out of topic question, do people really use multiple-cast AR in DV for chain score?
    Because I never done it and do fine.

Infreus likes this.
  14. GoodBoorger

Regis happens to give killers for most common dv races and he also gives ar chains, so yeah.

Regalia and Masvroh like this.
  15. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    I mean, like using w-cast AR when DW. Isn't that easy to break?

16. GoodBoorger

Just git gud::rudecat13:: or use macros. I really don't have issues with w-cast of AR, maybe my phone is just too shitty::rudecat18::

Infreus, rkl303 and Masvroh like this.
  17. zdemigod

zdemigod Ascended Member

Global ID:
    526 635 038
    Leads:
    Ed with slot for killers and King mogs
    I just get 1m points for the UoC, it takes me a few hours to do all 3 areas and I'm done. I get top 10k but I wont bother with this event a lot cuz every stage just reminds me of equipment and units i DONT have.

18. MeeTum

W-cast makes the chain break? Really? Cuz I always w-cast, even with dual wield characters..

Cw, cwa is out of the question for me. Never get them to connect chains for multi-cast. So my mage army is pretty useless for this.

19. Rampy

Rampy Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Only setting gear over and over takes f! Hours

fletcha and Infreus like this.
  20. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

It feels like eternity. But ideally one day per stage. This is all without reruns unless I don't hit the 1mill point mark for the second UOC. First DV I had to redo some easier stage to get more points to hit the 1 mill mark. Second DV I didn't have to so I just stopped when I am done.

To be honest, I guess I just need to invest more into DV (units and equipment wise). Because so many people here just pretty nonchalantly finish DV with some great scores. I'm sitting here struggling to hit 1 mill and make the 10k and below rank. But even with FFBE equip and save and load function. It still can take me a few hours. As of right now I haven't can't beat stage 2-5 yet. That bird is too tanky. I don't even have fun on DV like most. I get so stressed out when I see DV as an event coming up. I hate having to min max mainly because it will require time to get units/gear. Time that I just don't have with work schedule.

Cylian, Infreus, LurkerRamza and 3 others like this.