1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

How to Clear Scorn of the 2-Headed Dragon EXT | Chamber of the Indignant | All Missions | FFBE

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Dirk Tiu, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Member

Team:
    • NV Tifa 3/3 - LB Finisher
    • NV Akstar 0/3 - Ice imbue, AMoE chain, BREAK gauge breaker, equipped with two katanas
    • NV PG Lasswell 0/3 - DEF break, Ice Imperil, AMoE chain
    • White Mage Rosa - BREAK gauge breaker, LB filler with Lion Emblem
    • Paladin Cecil - Passive provoke tank with 300% Ice resist, MP fill and reraise
    • Awakened Warrior of Light - Evade physical tank with 180% Dark and Light resist
    If you want to borrow Cecil, he is in slot 4.
    Add me in FFBE: 361 249 053
    Comment your IGN below if you sent me a request.
    Please remove me when you are done.

FFBE Equip: https://ffbeEquip.com/builder.html?server=GL#2b332870-2af1-11eb-8198-ed599324a7c5

Imgur: https://i.imgur.com/XMVa2zW.png

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Masvroh, r00t61, iBuko and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther...need I say more?
    Really enjoy the creative style of your videos, mate. This one didn't have the cool intro screen that some of your others do, I like seeing it, personally. We need more content creators out there (even tho 95% of players just watch Sinzar's vids ::happy::).

Can I request more clear videos without Tifa, tho? This one especially, because she really isn't required for it. The boss mechanics are rudimentary that you could probably just take another NV Lassworm or NV Akstar and clear it just as quickly. Just don't do a clear with Nanaki...that's my turf :-P

Not sure if I've subbed you yet, but I will!

Shr likes this.
  3. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I said many times in the past that making a video of a recent trial clear using the latest top damage dealer is not very helpful to the scores of players who don't have that unit.

That said, Tifa is a bit of a special case, because we all got an NV Tifa for free 2 months ago. So she's probably the one exception to this rule, and Tifa clear vids are really cool... ;)

If your problem is having too many other NV units beside Tifa and wanting to use them, recognize that you are suffering from a first world problem, as far more players have access to Tifa as their main damage dealer than Red XIII or Akstar not to mention Ibara...

KylarHaern likes this.
  4. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Member

I'm glad you like my videos and thanks for the sub! I saw the notification. I removed the intro scene since most viewers just skip it according to analytics.

I always try to clear with Tifa since most people have her. Plus I couldn't find a friend Akstar to chain with and it would be boring to keep pressing repeat especially for the viewers.

Sartre and Skye like this.
  5. kurizu

kurizu 友達の為に私は戦う VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Zenaida | JP Riku
    I would dump Cecil for Yoshikiri, build WoL more tanky with def (like giving him his own STMR, use Wilhelm STMR or Gabranth STMR, put more elemental resist on materia side).
    That way you can work with water setup that works perfectly with Tifa, Yoshikiri Feint Block and Ninpou Bunshin are enough to make WoL survive T4 burst + since Yoshikiri provides water amp together with AoE imbue/imperil you would only use 1 turn on each head + there is a chance (didn't calculate) to kill main body after first break.... And it would make your video totally distinct from Sinzar clear.

6. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Member

I don't have Yoshikiri. :(

7. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tifa|Elena|Ibara|Bonus
    Didn't you use him in one of your DV #7 clears? o_O

iBuko likes this.
  8. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Member

Sorry, I meant no Yoshikiri 1/3. Just plain EX0.

KylarHaern likes this.
  9. KylarHaern

KylarHaern "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    BB Rem, WHR, ACC, Sol
    My problem as well ::rudecat4::

and 40 shards.....but nowhere to get the other 10 needed

10. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    Basically this is all you need to take zero damage.

The rest can be whatever damage dealers you can fit into the party that are good enough to down the dude in 20 turns.

AQMystic likes this.
  11. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Let me clarify what I meant, because I feel you may have misinterpreted what I was saying. I'm not asking for the OP to stop making Tifa clears. I understand that many people use her and want to see how to use her in these trials. What I'm asking is simply for more content (i.e. in addition to) that does not include Tifa and/or the latest greatest shiny DPS. Imo, this is one of the things that makes Sinzar so successful as a content creator. That and the fact that he is a machine sent from the future to kill Sarah Connor that never sleeps and makes more content than any one human should ever feel obligated to do.

Now I'm also not asking the OP to be another Sinzar and sacrifice countless hours of life making loads of different clear videos for the same trial. I actually prefer the style of videos produced by @Dirk Tiu much more than Sinzar. I don't like having someone talk to me during the video (in fact I usually mute Sinzar's vids). I am truly impressed by the quality of the OP's content, and I wouldn't want them to sacrfice that quality for quantity.

But ultimately we have a problem with Tifa. She is a broken unit. She's great for those that have her (and I would argue that we don't all have a Tifa, but agree that most people probably do), but she is a boring unit, frankly. Tifa clears are "seen one, you've seen 'em all". I'm tired of looking at the wiki videos and seeing 95% Tifa clears and nothing else for literally every trial since she came out. I used to enjoy looking at the variety of ways people cleared trials, especially the creative outside-the-box strategies.

My concern is that we're losing diversity of playstyles in the game. So when I see "another Tifa clear" I'm not trying to chastise the content creators for it. I understand that she is the mainstream DPS and that's what a majority of players want to see. But I also think the minority shouldn't be forgotten. There are still plenty of players that either don't have Tifa, or choose not to use her and would rather see a different set of units. I cannot be the only person that thinks this way.

So to sum up, I apologize if I come across as rude when I request clear videos sans Tifa. I concede that I can be opinionated and obnoxious sometimes, but I do try to be level-headed about this topic. My request comes from an honest love of the game, and a hope that we can regain some of the diversity that's been lost since the NV era arrived. I can only do so much, myself. For any players out there that like(d) using Esther/Red XIII I'd like to think my content is there for them. For all the Tifa lovers there is not shortage of content for them. I'm simply fighting for the silent minority.

Totally understand, as I stated in my response to @Skye above. Just wanted to make an honest request for some additional content that looks at some different unit strategies. I really like the style of your content, and frankly prefer it to Sinzar's videos. I'd just like to see some mor diversity, but you do you, mate. I'm not trying to force anyone to change their ways, just want to encourage a greater diversity of strategies in the content market, especially since you seem to be on an upward trajectory as a successful content creator. I remember when you had less than 100 subs not that long ago, and I'm so impressed by your growth since then!

12. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I still think Tifa is a bit special. ;)

That said I just remembered this thread from over a year ago:

https://brave-exvius.com/threads/challenge-to-those-making-video-guides.50557/

Well I don't think anyone can be assumed to have any NV given the poor NV-rate, players who started recently probably have a tougher time finding guides. Players who have been playing for a while probably have at least a bunch of NVAs, though that most likely involves Tifa as well.

Players who have a decked out Tifa who can 1-punch every trial boss but don't want to use her and desperately need a guide to entertain their kink of not using their decked out Tifa... might not be the optimal target audience for any content. :D

13. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Okay now I'm confused because your post from a year ago is making the exact arguments I'm making now. Are you saying you've changed your mind?

Which is just another reason why we need a higher diversity of unit clears, right?

Did you just call me kinky? ::joy::

Nixilu likes this.
  14. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    All I'm saying is, Tifa is a special case.

The general problem with guides that need specific units for their strategy to work is that some players will not have the specific units needed. This is why it's good to have different strategies that rely on different units, or offer more generic guides that build on "generic TC-SR damage dealer" instead of a specific one, use maybe an older tank, that sort of thing.

Tifa is available for the majority of players. So a new Tifa clear that uses a different set of supporting units or a slightly different strategy will still be useful to those people who have Tifa but don't have the other specific units.

Clears using other damage dealers are great to diversify the available content, but far fewer people will actually benefit from a brilliant Red XIII clear using supports they don't have than a Tifa clear using supports they do have.

Which is why, you know, Tifa is a bit of a special case. ;)

By the way I think even though we agree on the general point about diversity being good, our motivation feels different. I get the impression that you are motivated by a boredom of using "dull" units as opposed to using your clears to display flare and style; I couldn't care less about these, I just hope to see effectively different clears that increase the probability of players having the right units to follow the clear, or at least learn enough from it to be able to easily adapt the strategy to the units and gear available to them. ;)

Nixilu likes this.
  15. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I agree, and I'm not arguing against this. Like I said before, I'm not trying to stop the flood of Tifa clears in the content market, I'm just trying to encourage additional content that doesn't cater to this single unit. Full disclosure, I'm a big fan of Tifa. I was super excited to NVA her on day one, and I had a hella lotta fun crushing old trials with her for the funsies. But it got old real fast for me. Does this mean everyone should agree with me and stop using Tifa? Absolutely not. But it does irk me when somone says "Don't use X unit because Tifa can just 2TKO that, here are 100 videos showing you how". This doesn't happen often, and is mainly reserved for the reddit meta-conformist hive mind that can't really think for themselves. And I do not consider you to be one of those people, let me be clear ;)

If this is what you want, then you should be very happy with the current content market. This is pretty much all the guides on the wiki for all the trial since Tifa was released. Maybe this is great for the majority of players. Does this mean the minority should just suck it up and get over it? Tifa wins the game and nothing else matters? I don't buy that. I would also argue that this doesn't really count as a diversity of content, because what the support units are doing doesn't really change much with these guides.

Exactly! They are in the minority because Tifa is the most powerful physical DPS unit in the game right now, even after 3 months out from her release. So the content market seems to tell everyone that they should be using Tifa and everything else doesn't matter. And look, that makes sense because if what you ultimately want is to just clear trials and gtfo then Tifa is the way to go. I sense from your posts in the other thread about trial content that you fall into this category. No issues there. But some of us like to use trials as experiments with new units and interesting squad combos, and that content is becoming scarce. And again, what are the folks that don't have Tifa supposed to do?

Two ways to ultimately reach the same end. I get that you don't care for the content I create, and I'm okay with that, but I can't help feeling like you're judging me a bit here. I'm not trying to please everyone. The content I create is not for mass consumption, but it does represent what I would like to see more of in the content market. I enjoy being creative, and I'd like to think my "flare and style" distinguishes me from other creators, but with the understanding that I'm not going to reach Sinzar levels of popularity because I don't follow the mainstream model.

If I got zero support for what I do then I'd quit, but the fact that the great folks here on this forum are willing to build Nanakis for me is a sign that my content matters to someone other than me. I always get a few responses from folks on reddit or responding directly on YouTube thanking me for the clears with Red XIII (and Esther before that) because, like me, they want to use the unit(s) they like and not feel forced into a box with Tifa.

So that's where I'm coming from. We can continue to argue over this, but I think we're just going to go around in circles from here. I respect your opinion, but I stand firm on my insistence to request more non-Tifa content.

16. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'm not judging. I just consider most of your Esther/Red XIII videos to fall into the art/curiousity bucket instead of the "user manual"/handbook bucket. For better or worse, really, and I'm not saying you should stop and start making Tifa videos, keep doing what you do, every video contributes something! ;)

Sartre likes this.
  17. Dirk Tiu

Dirk Tiu Member

Thanks! I did not take offence to your post. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm glad you like my videos. I'm more of a visual learner that's why I make these kinds of videos. I prefer not to listen to instruction but rather read them. I didn't find anyone doing this for FFBE clears so I decided to fill in the gap. Most creators input their actions so fast that I can't keep up. I have to keep pausing to see what skill they clicked on.

Sartre likes this.
  18. Sartre

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Fair enough. I'm quite flattered that you consider my videos to be "art/curiosity" ::happy:: I'd like to think if there was an FFBE MoMA that my Murder Bunny series would make the cut :-P

My Esther clears especially were more just for fun and showing off what I could do with a ridiculously old DPS unit. I honestly didn't think anyone would try to replicate what I was doing because everyone had pretty much written her off after her enhancement fiasco. But I am trying to be a bit more thoughtful in my Red clears by providing the turn-by-turn strategy guides in writing to go with it (along with potential substitutions for the support units when applicable) so that those that would like to actually use him can do so without feeling like they have to watch my video at half speed to see what I'm doing.

You and me both, mate! Definitely prefer to see the action without interruption and then try to replicate it on my own. Part of the fun for me ::happy:: I probably fall into the "too fast" category with my videos, but I'm usually constrained by the music I've chosen for a given episode, but I also freely admit that my content leans more towards entertainment than instructive.