1. Be part of the new campaign rinny launched and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here.

2. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

How to effectively schedule your NRG spending (F2P) Part 1 - Farming TMR.

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sollero, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Sollero

Sollero Well-Known Member Supporter

Understanding what is possible to do in game considering your NRG/time is important to organize yourself and priorize NRG spending in X at expense of Y... it gets more important when you try to reach some goal (TM, level, equipments...) hoping it'll be useful to beat limited time events...

So, i decided to share some of the data in my FFBE spreadsheet... nothing really new, only organized... hope it helps and sorry for bleh english...

NRG (Intro)
    First of all: NRG/Time, considering you're maxing efficiency making all daily quests at lower cost in Earth Shrine and any 5nrg vortex dungeon (im using a pessimist mean of +10, since you can get +6~16 NRG/day, depending on the daily quests you got in a day):

table 1.1 - NRG/Time
    [​IMG]

Obs:
    -> not considering RNG rewards,
    -> not considering ranking up refills
    -> not considering unforced daily quests

TMR Farming
    As probably everyone or almost everyone knows, clearing a dungeon gives you 10% chance of getting 0.1% Trust for each unit used... speaking of "mean" and considering you spend all your NRG on TMs we can fill TM/time table like this:

table 2.1 TM/Time
    [​IMG]

If you got 2 or more equal units and want to fuse then you can consult the next table:

table 2.2 TM/Time for fusing purposes
    [​IMG]

based on the data of table 2.2 we can have a prediction of how much time you will spend to reach your TMRs with no trust moogles and full NRG expending:

table 2.3 Time to aquire TMR for fusing purposes (considering a max of 5 units farming TMR)
    [​IMG]

-> For purposes of scheduling NRG spending in short periods, it's better and safer considering the pessimist mean!!!
    -> the NRG cost used is considering farming TMR in Earth Shrine Entrance or Exit (cost 1).

Part 2 -> Farming Exp (soon)
    Part 3 -> Farming Rank (soon)

spada, Fauco, Atlas and 7 others like this.
  2. Sollero

3. Estarossa

Estarossa New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WKNoel
    What is mean? Excuse me if I seem lost (which I am) , but I have no idea what some of these terms mean. Let alone how they play a role in what I'm trying to do.

4. Sollero

really sry, but i didnt explained the basics about TMR farming... do you understand what a Trust Master Reward is ?

5. Estarossa

Estarossa New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WKNoel
    Yes sir I do. I have done maybe 20-30 runs at earth shrine with minimal luck. But again I expect to maybe spend 2 months of all day farming.

6. Sollero

well, to be honest to you... the easier way to get information in this guide i made is finding on table 2.3 what exactly is your situation for each unit... i can make an example to you... what is your TMR farm team right now ?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  7. Estarossa

Estarossa New Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    WKNoel
    WKNoel bartz seven wol and santa roselia

8. Sollero

so.. you have 5 different characters.. all of then will be placed in the line "single unit" on table 2.3... it means for each unit you gona need 'around' 34 days (1 month, 3 days, 22hours) to finish these TMRs from 0% without fusions considering you are using all your NRG for TMR farming....

9. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Struggler VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2 Olive OK Tidus
    It's better to farm TM with at least two identical units we can fuse (make 100% sure you don't fuse your only Zidanes, etc.), three being optimal, four if unit is very common or we have a lot of it (Charlotte :P). IMHO it's best to run 3+2 combination, and for single powerful rare TMs (like 5* base, Genji Glove being the best one) or game-changing (Dual Wield, maybe Dual Cast) use moogles.

Sollero likes this.
  10. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau.GLS
    In this context "mean" is used mathematically to show the average calculated time.

Sollero likes this.
  11. Sollero

I think i just understood what Estarossa was asking now... sry! hahaha

Goddess Nyx likes this.
  12. Goddess Nyx

Goddess Nyx Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau.GLS
    Well, mean can mean many different things in English. ;)

And I ─║ove your work here, it clearly shows the benefit of using multiple units for TM grinding. This and your charts for experience gain are very useful! Thank you!

13. Sollero

oh! you're welcome and thanks a lot ! =]

14. Atlas

Atlas Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Warrior of Light
    Dx NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I fused mysecond Zidane into my original!!!!!!!!!! Oh gawd...
    Edit: Liking this...because I like it. It has shown me the error of my ways. T.T

15. Sollero

zidanes and gilgameshes are the ones you really need to avoid fusing! hahaha
    unless you got tons of them...

16. spada

spada Arena Runner-Up Arena Runner-Up Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Luneth, Noctis or Lightning usually
    Great table, math i made in my head is almost identical to what you posted. Will definitely keep it around to have an idea on how best to farm my TMRs.

17. santafee

santafee Active Member

is this works on low rank id? or what? really dont understand. currently level 28 which mean i have 38 nrg. meaning if i spend all my nrg on earth shrine, i can do 38 runs, and then what? just wait for the nrg to be recharge? or i have to run the dungeon infinitely?

18. Mcleod

Mcleod Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Chuck Norris
    wait for recharge or refill, this tables were designed as an average on how many runs you may need depending on how many duplicates you have on a 288+10 nrg refill rate per day.

santafee likes this.