1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

How to skill the ifrit 3*?

Discussion in 'Guides' started by god.nomad, Apr 8, 2018.

1. god.nomad

god.nomad New Member

I was wondering about provoke on the ifrit and got some silly thoughts about putting provoke ifrit on some 100% evade dmg unit like Tidus or Noctis.
    To bad i do not have a single evade materia from Shine but the idea itself seems very appealing.
    Evade tank that can do some serious damage.
    Maybe i get lucky to pull Noctis sometime in the near future.
    At the same time i was wondering about the skilling prices.
    Perhaps there will be no points left for the provoke since all skills are expensive and killer abilitys, evocation and boosts may be the better choice.

Since i didnt find any "how to skill" on youtube, im asking the pros here how to skill Ifrit.

2. PsychoHamster

PsychoHamster Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2
    Personally I would aim for the upgraded killer effects, 75% killer is just too good.

god.nomad likes this.
  3. aa25

aa25 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/OK
    I'm going for the two killing + as well. Keep in mind that it stacks with the normal killing for physical damage. That is really awesome.

god.nomad likes this.
  4. god.nomad

god.nomad New Member

IT STACKS??????
    WOOOOOT????
    This sounds so op at the first thought.

5. aa25

aa25 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/OK
    It should. They're different skills, so assuming they work like everything else killing-effect-related.

god.nomad likes this.
  6. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    They do stack, with both base and kai version you get total 125% towards physical damage and 75% towards magical damage.

god.nomad likes this.
  7. Enzo

Enzo Well-Known Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Aileen, Barbariccia, Lunera
    IMO for most team compositions, go for killers + ST Reflection Boost.

The only exception would be if you really want to use summoners like garnet, eiko, or yuna for finishing. For them, go for Blazing Evocation and as efficient as you can be with stat bonuses (atk, def, spr, and mag if I remember how Evocation damage is computed correctly) to boost his summon damage.

god.nomad likes this.
  8. aa25

aa25 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ayaka/Barb/OK
    What about the extra 20% fire resistance? For near f2p like me (probably around sardines class), it sounds very appealing especially against dual elements boss (so that I can gear my tank to have high resistance in two elements easier).

god.nomad likes this.
  9. kurizu

kurizu Fina -> Sniper Waifu <3 VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL Tidus | JP Hyou
    160|99
    resistance is definetely not worth taking... there is too many sources even for f2p players to consider this as a priority.

god.nomad and aa25 like this.
  10. Forza971sbh

Forza971sbh Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH FD Tidus/Event
    killers all the way...

god.nomad likes this.
  11. Forza971sbh

Forza971sbh Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TDH FD Tidus/Event
    Impossible, even @ lvl 60 you can’t have both killers+ & boost... not enough SP points...

god.nomad likes this.
  12. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    Killers ONLY. If you need provoke use Golem. And as for Esper stats boost, not that big a deal unless your esper doesnt have killers on it, as any killers will out damage any stat boost they give. Extra summon damage I would only go for on Bahamut and Leviathan when they come around.

god.nomad likes this.
  13. MonteCristo

MonteCristo Well-Known Member

Not worth it. Ever esper has a max to their SP and that max is far to low to get everything. You need to prioritize
    The killers are easily the best choice, especially considering how common Beasts are as bosses. After those you will likely only have enough SP to get like one or two other things.... the fire resistance would be nifty to have, but much lower priority. Heck when it came to fighting Ifirit I was able to get Mystea well above 200% with just Equipment(and I still have buffers who could add another 50-70% on top of that) and i'm mostly F2P; the gear i was using was mostly non-rare gear you could easily get from the story or events.

god.nomad likes this.
  14. Sartre

Sartre Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    Like most people have said, the killers are the top priority on an esper like Ifrit. With full killers you're doing 2.25x more damage to beasts and/or plants, and that can really come in handy (Malboro should be getting scared now!). That extra 2.25x mod is going to do a lot more damage than pure stat boosts to your units. Elemental resists for something as common as fire resistance just isn't worth it. You can craft flame mail and flame shield from basic story content which puts you at 150% resistance when equipped with Ifrit. As long as you have equip H armor and/or equip H shield materia then Mystea is good to go.

15. Enzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You probably don't want the current highest atk boosting esper on your tank anyways. Like others have said, there are so many other sources of element resistance. It just isn't worth what you could be losing.

16. Enzo

Global ID:
    Leads:
    That's too bad. I had a feeling, but I didn't bother computing for it. 120 sp for each top boost really is too much, even if we can reach lvl 60.

17. god.nomad

god.nomad New Member

Just found a video of Howl.
    He also suggests skilling the killer abilities.
    Now i only need trillions of ultracite.
    :P

18. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, TDH Tidus, Trance Terra
    the killers are the best skills available... when they proc.

and Plant is not really a popular monster type, I really think it's really up for discussion if you want to learn Plant Killer....

I will get both reflection bonuses for a nice +30 ATK flat to equipped unit, and Beast Killer +, because this game has beast monsters everywhere.
    and if somewhere down the line I really need that Plant Killer to kill a specific monster, I'll spend 100 lapis, reset board and go from there. no issues.

But as Plant is really, really rare, most of the time that killer won't do anything anyway, so, no need to get it.

19. Sartre

Sartre Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    TT, OK, Tidus, Fryevia
    Malboro? Sheratan? I feel like this could definitely help make those two trials much easier for a wider audience that has yet to take down those bosses. But if you have already beaten them, then I totally agree with you. It's absolutely situational.

20. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, TDH Tidus, Trance Terra
    Yeah, I've beaten everything.
    and at least in JP, only the rebirth of Antenolla, from all the important future bosses is Plant.
    we can have some more on global if we get some more global exclusive trials, though, not betting on it.