1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  3. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  4. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

I am surprised that I have difficulty capping Dai's VW

Discussion in 'General' started by Cylian, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Cylian

Cylian "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    OK, yes, filthy casual oldbie here. But, still, thought Esther was the Lightning goddess? Anyway, capping Xenogears was fun, so here I am again ...

Was greatly surprised that I did only 3+bil with my 1st attempt. Looked at a few YouTube for once, modified to include Dai in. 5+bil. Swapped Reberta for good-old-Grafy. Did worse ...
    Screenshot_20220614_113925.jpg
    Reberta did 0.99bil the last run. But else, my big question mark has to be Kaito. While, yes, my units are mostly EX1 only, still, Kaito at 300mil is ... Weird, isn't it?

Thinking of swapping Kaito with Squall (I can EX3 him), but ... Who to replace that Reberta role? I cannot be copying youtubes wholesale and use Tidus, right? Right?

Any advice would be sincerely appreciated, for this side game in office.

Phinny and Wdiggums like this.
  2. liddokun

liddokun "Hall of Fame" Member

Kaito is good for the team since he has the demon killer imbue.
    Reberta mainly for the 300% LB damage and 45% lightning increase. If Sakura in the team then Reberta can jump since Sakura will cover the 45% lightning increase.

Or you can utilizing Xon since you have all the units needed. Sinzar's last video cap only using 4 units, Xon Kaito Esther Reberta. 200% killer and break from Kaito, lightning imbue from Esther. And Reberta like I said above. With Dai in the team should be a great boost as well. Just make sure his LB lvl maxed out.

3. RaagisEd

RaagisEd "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Maybe you imbued yourself with water, it is real easy to do this by accident when using Kaito.

(Your team looks like a cap team btw, i am more concerned about Grahfs damage being so low (did he fall off the meta allready?), and Lara's could be higher too. Dai and Esther on whale/veteran gear, on (Lara's) 90% breaks, both do ~5B damage)

If you are struggling with gear, for sure bring mXon because he needs almost none, and then Reberta over Sakura, for ~1b more damage.
    Plus there is event gear with static +750 ATK(/MAG/SPR/DEF) and killers for Dai, that should place his damage above Esther's.
    Also it is easier to clear it in before turn 5, but you can go for longer clears (for a better Reberta damage score) if you can use Esther as an omni tank. (I think) (But you might loose your casual status on that strategy ;))

Cylian, Wdiggums and liddokun like this.
  4. Sieg Delacroix

Sieg Delacroix Ascended Member

I capped it on day 1 so I may not remember some details. But I can recall I was not able to copycat the first Sinzar strategy. Although I have all the units, EX levels and gear do matter. I believe I ended up with this, making about 11.1B:

Lara Croft EX2 (instead of Vinera, break only, insignificant damage)
    Sakura EX1 (had some trouble to fill her LB)
    Kain EX2
    Esther EX2
    Kaito EX2
    Dai EX2 (replacing KoG, with stat buff materia from VW craftable rewards)

Be sure you don’t do water imbue with Kaito. Also give Esther her own imbue and amplify skill on Turn 3. And I admit that even with this party I had to rerun once, probably because of chaining issues.

I might try and redo it with Squall (had Laguna gear for him).

Cylian and Wdiggums like this.
  5. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Thanks for all these quick response! Really appreciated! ::up:: Out of gratitude, would respond individually. Sorry for walls of texts! ::rudecat10::
    Yeah, get that Kaito is good for Demon killing. LB partner for Esther too, his another selling point. Just don't understand why his damage is so low for my case. Thought of Reberta jumping too, though jumping is not my thing (and needed Sakura to imbue lightning, right?) ... And, never used Xon before. Dai's LB is at lvl39. Same damages for all levels, right?
    ... True. Mine are mostly EX1s. Do have Kain (EX1 too). If i am jumping, might as well ... I made sure Kaito's water imbue is gone at T3. Nope, didn't work. Hmmm...

And yes, Sakura at EX1 here too with the same LB filling issues, which makes Reberta necessary, sigh.
    Heard we must clear by T4, because big damages coming in otherwise. Needed Sakura to imbue lightning, sadly. Maybe I should indeed just farm the 750 stat stick first. Its better than been helpless, ha.

Thanks, everyone. Lets see how it goes later.

Kaladin, liddokun and RaagisEd like this.
  6. afri84

afri84 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    manchmal brauchbar
    You want to use Kaitos Base Form LB outside of CoW, which does not chain with Esthers LB. And try out Xon, he is easy to use.

7. liddokun

Sorry about Dai LB lvl, didn't know that less lvl only cost more LB crystals and not less damage. Make sure to use his BS LB and stack it once.

For Kaito's LB, it's just like @afri84 pointed out. So he's chaining with Lara's volatile.

About your EX+1 Sakura, just equip her with LB rate and LB fill gears as best as you have. I think it's highly possible to reach max gauge on T3 to use her BS LB. You need Reberta to BS and dragon killer, dragon aim and magnus on T1, NF LB on T2, and Jump on T3.

IMG_20220615_190715.jpg
    Here's my try. Got 12.3B
    - Dai only got flat ATK from VC, STMR and TMR. And still with 0 potted ATK.
    - Kaito's katana imperil only 25%. It's possible to use his BS LB 30%.
    - No Taivas Spirit or similar STMR involved
    - Lara still equipped with her gun, possible to equip GS if needed for better damage.

Cylian and RaagisEd like this.
  8. Obstkeks

Obstkeks "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lara Croft|Elena|NV Lunafreya|Bonus
    Did it with Esther EX+2, Reberta EX+2, Kaito EX+2, Kain EX+1, Lara and Xon.

Kaito is equipped with his own STMR and Taiva's Spirit for slightly higher damage, but you want to avoid his magnus due to the water imbue.

Esther uses her magnus and imbue/imperil on turn 3 and Kaito uses his own 200% demon killer buff, both for Xon to share with the team as well as Reberta's 400% stat buff.

Lara did nothing more than breaking on turn 3 and chaining with Esther (used the materia on Lara) on turn 4 while Xon chained triple BS with Kaito's base form LB on turn 4.

Way overcapping, Kain could be literally everything else. Lara could also be any other high DEF breaker.

Screenshot_20220610-044833.jpg

Attached Files:

Cylian likes this.
  9. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    mXon can imbue (steal it from Esther) also steal 200% killers from Kaito and 400% ATK buffs from Reberta ::nerd:: he's worth his spot. (and his LB chains with Esther, so that is convenient)
    And i am sure Esther can tank the damage and make it look small (as long as damage taken is below 5k i believe you still cap), you'll be looking at a turn 6 clear or something, not sure about all the rotations. (4 turns should be plenty anyway)

I wish i had some free time to try some units out. Kain should be a boss here, even more so next week with upcoming gear? Also Grahf what is his optimal damage on this demon. And next weeks (right?) magic variance on Angela and Baran ::rudecat16::

Cylian and liddokun like this.
  10. liddokun

There's still a week ahead to try. Yup, the magic variance update is tomorrow. Too bad I don't have Angela or Baran. Still try on Baran using tickets though. But kinda doubt it lol since was very lucky got Dai from EX tix.

Cylian and RaagisEd like this.
  11. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I used Sakura, Dai, Lara, Reberta, Esther, & KoG and I did just over 14b damage with Esther and Dai doing about 10b between the two of them (5.4b Dai / 4.5b Esther). KoG did 2.8b so he can probably be replaced with somebody else (like Kaito maybe) fairly easily since he was only the third highest dps.

iirc...
    I did almost nothing on turn 1. Reberta gave us resistances (i don't know if they are necessary or not but i did them anyway haha) and started some of her buffing,etc.
    Turn 2, Reberta continued her buffing, etc. (Sorry I don't remember the exact order I did things but Reberta is fairly easy to use - stat buff, Mega breath, killers, damage modifier thingy, etc.) Dai, Esther, and KoG did their LB's (separately so that I didn't do too much damage.) Sakura did her shifted LB for the amp.
    Turn 3, Dai, Esther and KoG did their CD/Magnus skills to power up for the kill turn, Sakura imbued lightning and Reberta finished her stuff (probably her base LB?)
    Turn 4, Reberta quadcast her tag chain, Esther chained her LB with Sakura (either with Lightning Fast Legend or from the skill that Esther can give her), KoG and Dai capped.

It took me 3 or 4 tries to actually get the chaining down right since I didn't know how long KoG and Dai's LB's were but it is a pretty easy fight. Sakura was my evasion provoker and I took zero damage the whole time.

Hope that helps

Cylian likes this.
  12. Toonces

Toonces Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ed Elric, DP Fina, Lucas, Karten
    It took me a few tries but I capped it at 11b damage.

Kain Ex1, Sage of Thunder Sakura Ex1, MMXon, FB Fryevia Ex2, Esther Ex2, Dai Ex2.

I wasn’t hitting the cap even with Fry’s 400% buff (plus Xon) and then I remembered to use Esther’s demon killer buff before Kain jumped on turn 2.

Cylian likes this.
  13. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    So about Grahf and his damage
    Grahf_damage.png
    (Don't look too much at the other units' damage, no weapon imperils, no LB buffs/field/mods and no optimal rotation and finished on turn 3, altough i did do 12b)

So that is an EX+2 Grahf (i think i have the fragments to EX+3 him, maybe i should try that) and on 89% breaks. 400% ATK buff, 200% demon killers and lightning imbued.
    Alpha Weltall BS (1).png
    (the numbers are way off in the builder and i gave him the optimal Esper and killer materia instead of Reberta & Esther, but no STMRs. He lands with an ATK of 10k and 360%, plus 300% demon killers.)

There is allready some tips and advice and strategy mentioned above by others, but if you haven't capped it yet @Cylian, i am now convinced with the combined might of this forum, we can get you there.

Cylian and liddokun like this.
  14. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Damn. Screenshot_20220617_221645.jpg

Both Kain and Reberta jumped (and I failed the 100 hits on this run). But again, I have no idea why my numbers are so different from you all.

Grafty and Kaito in particular. Weird as shit. Maybe I shouldn't be trying this while doing anoither thing at the same time ...

@RaagisEd - may I be blessed by the mighty devas (gods in Indian terms. Disclaimer - Chinese here) of the forum! ::rudecat1::

liddokun and RaagisEd like this.
  15. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Wait you have Kain? and he did 0.8B !? Yeah, that is just not right :) he deserves a top spot.

I actually just tried "undressing" my units a bit to see what a tresshold would be on gear. I ended up with this team:
    Alpha Weltall BS-Storm Seeker Esther BS-Tide Bringer Kaito.png Reberta & Ignitos-Mastermind Xon-Hero Dai.png
    (edit: I notice i did not gear my Xon, he was single wield full evade provoke with that materia that makes him chain with esther in case his LB wasn't full on turn 4)

I guess it all depends on if you can 6x chain bonus your units with (almost) all 300% demon killer and 300% LB damage. The actual ATK/MAG stat just comes with the gear i think. There is no way i can guess if you can reproduce similar numbers, but i even left out empty slots so i hope so.

And the damage score went to 13B (true story)
    undressed.png
    I must admit that all my units were EX+2, except Esther at lvl130 EX+3. But in my attempt, Grahf wasn't even needed for the cap. So even without the EX levels and even some at at 5x chain bonus i would say you stand a solid change at capping with these units.

I used this rotation if it helps:
    turn 1
    - Dai shift: LB
    - Esther fill LB 3xSR
    - Reberta enable quadcast (mega breath) + sky buff magnus + 400% ATK/MAG
    - Grahf imbue earth+imbue water+anything
    - Kaito: a man of few words
    - mXon steal buffs (critical) from Kaito & Reberta

turn 2
    - Grahf rage beast roar on himself
    - Esther LB
    - Dai Zapple (actually anything except guard or his magnus)
    - Reberta shift: magnus
    - Kaito: shift crashing wave (break)
    - mXon guard (or anything else)

turn 3
    - Grahf rally cry (or anything else)
    - Esther mangus + BS + imbue lightning
    - Reberta unshift LB
    - Kaito taivas spirit/gallant spirit
    - Dai 2x magnus + cooldown
    - mXon steal from esther (elemental) spread buffs (projected)

turn 4
    - Grahf shift 4xMod boost + CD (finish)
    - Reberta 4xTag (at the third Grahf "flash")
    - Dai LB (on hit ~#4 of the tag chain)
    - Kaito unshift: LB (on hit ~#4 of the tag chain)
    - Esther + mXon LB (on hit ~#12 of the tag chain)

Edit: OMG, i forgot Reberta's amps, changed rotation slightly on turn 1 (this should add some noticable damage to Grahf, Reberta and Kaito) Sorry about that.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Larat, Cylian, liddokun and 1 other person like this.
  16. liddokun

IMG_20220617_224722.jpg

Got 11.5B on my try.

T1
    - Kain NF do his jump and lightning setup
    - Reberta BS do Dragon killer, dragon aim, magnus
    - Lara, Dai, Esther, Sakura 3xBS for 100 chains. Equipped Sakura with Braska's TMR

T2
    - Dai BS LB
    - Esther LB
    - Reberta NF LB
    - Sakura BS LB
    - Kain jump. Make sure he's last in action
    - Lara can 3xBS or fill LB using Mont's TMR in case Sakura LB gauge not maxed

T3
    - Dai do his setup to fill his LB
    - Esther magnus, storm brand, energizing
    - Sakura lightning imbue
    - Reberta jump. Make sure she's last in action

T4
    Burst. Sakura BS equipped with Lightning fast legend materia to chain with Esther

I think you better put Kaito back in the team. Better chance to reach cap with his aoe 150% demon killer.

RaagisEd, Cylian and Kaladin like this.
  17. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Encouraged by you all (plus, the Windows update is making my laptop and FM20 real slow), so ... I just kept going.

Decided to, yes, upgrade my kit first. The 2nd Dai card. Put the plus 100% chain material on Esther (she needs it like Dai, right?) Made sure almost everyone has as close to 300% Demon/LB/whatever ... Got rid of Kain. Not a jumper fan, as said. Got Grafty in. Then, T4-clearing with as much setup as needed. Sigh ...
    Screenshot_20220618_020401.jpg
    2nd try was 9.9bil. On the right path. Good! ::blackmage::So it became a matter of hoping for a good variance roll. Average was a funny consistent 9.2b.

... In the end, finally managed a 10.7bil run and got the 1st place. Realized that without Dai, I cannot do it ...

Also, got two rainbows with the free pulls, decided to try out the RNG streak and pulled on the 2nd DQ banner. 1st pull, ::nvcrystal:: Could it ... Vlad. But encouraged, I kept going ... 3rd step has the guaranteed ... Could it ... 4th KoG. I guess I should be glad, even though I would have preferred to collect a new doll. Didnt even get to try out KoG. Oh, well ... Stopped at the 4th. Shouldnt throw more good money after bad, I guess. Only earned 10k lapis from this VW, yah?

A big thank you to everyone who responded and/or blessed me with your forum powers! Reddit may have a lot more stuff, but THIS.IS.MY.HOUSE! ::blackmage::

Attached Files:

18. Larat

Larat "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Thanks! Don't have Taivas/Gallant Spirit, but with that team/strategy i was able to cap it.
    First time i capped a DV/VW. most times i only do a clear run on the last boss, because of missing a needed unit or don't have enough time/elan beside work. ::bard::::blackmage::

Kaladin, Cylian and RaagisEd like this.
  19. RaagisEd

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Varies
    Awesome stuff, glad to have been of inspiration ::up::

Larat and Cylian like this.
  20. Cylian

Global ID:
    Leads:
    XWQL main.
    208ish
    Congrats! ::up::
    And yes, thanking you and the others again. At least we had more fun with this DV-ish event. ::blackmage::

RaagisEd and Larat like this.