1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

I need help building some units to the best they can...Esther, CG Noctis, King Aldore Rain, Elena.

Discussion in 'Unit Builds' started by Peter fenton, Apr 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

I've seen very high stats I can't achieve. Playing 3 years. I've spent $300. Love this game. Just getting into stat building and it's a bit tough. If anyone can help thanks

2. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
  3. Nixilu

Nixilu Ultimate Doll Collector VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    @aa25's and @Regalia's guides really helped me when I started really trying to reach those stats. I still suck at this game, but my units have decent stats! ;)::up::

After 3 years, you might have the gear, but TDW is usually easier to gear than TDH, which is usually easier to gear than hybrid (Elena).

Peter fenton and TheKillingJoke like this.
  4. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    RCloud, RAerith, NV Lasswell, Tifa
    I respectfully disagree: I'd actually put TDH as easier than TDW. There's a LOT of TDH gear out there, but only really a few good sources of TDW.

The following Unit's S/TMR* (Excluding "hard" limited units, including seasonal "Soft" limited units, excluding non-TMR event equipment) increase MAG and/or ATK TDH:

1. SP Tidus
    2. A Olive
    3. HK Lass
    4. Cloud
    5. A Kefka (STMR)
    6. DK Luneth
    7. Demon Rain
    8. GL Sakura
    9. Ignacio
    10. Cid
    11. Beatrix
    12. Karlette
    13. Magna (4*)
    14. Ang
    15. Aranea
    16. Nalu
    17. O Zyrus
    18. Zack (STMR)
    19. Elfreeda (TMR and STMR)
    20. Elena (STMR)
    21. Yego
    22. Qin
    23. Fryevia (STMR)
    24. Dracu Lasswell
    25. Godrea
    26. Akstar
    27. Beryl (STMR)
    28. AK Rain (STMR)
    29. Tsukiko (STMR)
    30. WLDF (STMR)

As opposed to TDW:
    1. RT Zidane (STMR)
    2. Radiant Lightning (TMR and STMR)
    3. Morgana (STMR)
    4. Physalis (TMR and STMR)
    5. Karten (STMR)
    6. A Lasswell
    7. CG Buttz
    8. CG Onion Knight (TMR and STMR)
    9. Malphasie (STMR)
    10. Yun (STMR)
    11. Beatrix (STMR - should it really count with only 10%?)
    12. Gilgamesh WOTV (STMR)
    13. Christine (STMR)
    14. Nagi (STMR)
    So it's 30 units with TDH bonuses on their TMR and/or STMR, but only 14 that boost TDW. And the TDW stuff is heavily weighted towards STMRs: 12/17 (or more than 2/3rds) of the total TDW items are STMRs, but only 9/31 (or a little under 1/3rd) of TDH items are STMRs.

TDW items are also weighted VERY heavily towards newer units: Nine of those 14 units with TDW S/TMRs came out since I started playing in NOV '18.

And of course, magic based TDW is strictly limited to STMRs right now (specifically Nagi, Gilg WOTV, Christine, Morgana, and Malphasie), so TDW mages and hybrids are even harder to gear.

*Gear was found in FFBE Equip by searching for "single wielding" and "dual wielding" in the encyclopedia.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    Cylian and Peter fenton like this.
  5. Nixilu

Nixilu Ultimate Doll Collector VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    I mean maybe the numbers in the abstract agree, but take away the mage TMR/STMR's and STMR's in general and you're left with a different picture.
    I have 10 of those from the 1st group and 7 of those from the 2nd group, and from my experience, it's much easier to equip those in the 2nd group as physical DD.

aa25 likes this.
  6. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

Thank

Thank you for your help. Its sounds crazy but i dug deep in. With a notebook of different setups i can just write down quickly. I play everyday....for years lol Im just completing various mission but some are so old and I still cant beat the "bloody moon hater" I watch so many of howlz videos on YouTube too just to try to get better. I see so many people with crazy high stats. I have so many stmrs tmrs 7 star units. Ive been playing more now that I'm locked in. Its deep and tough to really be an expert. Even playing for 3 years I seem not to have scrated the surface of veteran play. This is the only mobile game I've ever spent money on. I love FF. I just want the strongest most appropriate team for most boss battles and trials. I have so many units that I've 7stared. I appreciate the information. I will continue to try to figure out the right things to max my stats. Yesterday i bought the omni prism. I got like 22 5sstar select summon tickets...3 5 star ex tickets...2 10+1 prema summon tickets...the prism moogle they gave. It was a wild day. Thanks alot. Any more tips I gladly take them. Maxing LB stats plus tdh stats is tough. Obviously a thing of putting equipment on right but I'm all ears. Thanks alot for the help.

7. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Ah, yes. That is a very different thing, my apologies. TDH easier to find, TDW easier max out. ::up::

Cylian and Nixilu like this.
  8. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Your TDH equipment list has some DH stuffs mixed in.

Sephiroth's TMR
    Olive's TMR
    DKC's STMR

9. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Thank you. This is what I get for having insomnia.

Struck those items through, will go back and recalculate numbers, etc, later. Sleep now.

Edit: NVM, recalc now, because insomniac me is OCDing pretty hard. Sleep now, plz?

Nixilu likes this.
  10. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    I'm glad that it is useful to you. I would say you can start from picking units to fit in the 'standard team composition' first (detail in that thread as well). Then, you figure it out what type of build each unit and yourself want/need. (Some units have multiple build depending on what tasks you want the unit to perform for your team. For example, Paladin Cecil may not need LB gear if you don't plan to let him provide dmg mitigation.) Feel free to mention specific units of your choice up, I'm happy to give a cent or two about each of them. Do note though that building a unit is very personal-preference oriented. What I may suggest may not be of your or some other players' taste.

After that, it is likely that you can transfer the equipment you have to new/upgraded units later on and fine-tuning the builds as you progress.

Peter fenton likes this.
  11. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

Thank you very much. Who do you think I should 7 star in your opinion? Paladin Cecil, Madem Edel, Rikku,Neverending Hope or Radiant Lightning....In your opinion who is better? Emperor Foo, Beryl, Serena,Doctor Aiden, Serena,Tifa? Im sorry lol

12. Backosteel

Backosteel "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Units have certain roles they fill. p Cecil is the best mag tank there is. Doc Aiden is one of the best healers. Beryl is a sub par mag tank. Emperor foo is a solid support/buffer. Rikku is a top breaker. Etc. Normal team is healer, tank, breaker, DD, friend DD, and other (buffer, second tank (provoke), second healer, etc. ). Honesty you’d need to look at what roles you have covered with 7* and then we can suggest who is best to go for next. Unless you have SS charolette all decked up, I would go with P Cecil. Doc Aiden and Rikku are also solid choices. I have used UOC on all three of those units (doc Aiden, Rikku, and P Cecil). ... and those may actually be the ONLY units I’ve used UOC on.

Nixilu, Peter fenton and aa25 like this.
  13. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    No need to sorry. (I did the same when I was building my team up, lol.)

Paladin Cecil: He is a crazy good unit (MAG cover tank/buffer). I strongly recommend him.
    Madem Edel: Strong chainer, but using her is a little complicated. Make sure you check around to see how to use her at full potential. She prefers Earth element due to her exclusive weapon from Madam Manor side quests.
    Rikku: Strong breaker. The strongest one at the moment. Definitely should get her up to 7*.
    Neverending Hope : Kinda niche support. I would get him up when you have extra resources.
    Radiant Lightning: Another dmg dealer. If you get Edel up and used to using her, I don't think you will need R.Lightning for a while. (You may eventually need her as a back up when Edel is not a good choice as a dmg dealer which can happen, but no one knows for sure.) She prefers Lightning element.

Emperor Foo: Strong buffer. Similar to N.Hope. I would get him up if you have resources.
    Beryl: He is a bit underwhelmed as a MAG cover tank for today standard. He still has some niche use though. (His TMR is freaking good, by the way.)
    Serena: Strong healer.
    Doctor Aiden: Another strong healer. Of all names in this group, I like him the most.
    Tifa: Solid dmg dealer (Water Element). You will need to Enhance her abilities though. Pretty simple rotation. Can be a good option as a back up along side R.Lightning.

Set that aside, with P.Cecil, Rikku, D.Aiden, and Edel, you already have top units in those roles. I don't see Phy Cover tank (A.WoL/Galuf/et.al.) mentioned, but with that, you can start rolling with a very solid team.

Backosteel and Peter fenton like this.
  14. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

Thanks for your help. I do have 7* wol Galuf, SS Charlotte, wol Bartz,Wol Lenna,Sieghard, Summer Lid n Fina, Myra, Sylvie, Adventurer Locke, White Lily Dark Fina, Regina, Heavenly Tech. Lid, and many more. I have over 100 7* units. Rikku I think I'll awaken. Also P Cecil. I still haven't gotten Warrior of Light ugh but Instead I could get him. I have 13 uoc and the omni prism left. Ive gotten multiple STMRs and am close to about 7 more. I have enough equipment and items to set a 100% invasion up on say Wol Galuf. Or Cp Noctis. SS Charlotte is cool but doest seem as good as Galuf or even CP Noctis for a provoke,100 phy. Evade tank.Maybe Im not using her correctly. Myra is my fav healer. Some say Sylvie but Idk what some of her spells are. Your explanation of units , TDH TDW DW DH, was awesome. Even playing for 3 years i was unaware it would x3 flat stats after a 200% cap. Very well done.

15. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

I do have over 100 7* units. SS Charlotte, WOL Galuf, WOL Lenna and Bartz. I may just awaken Rikku and maybe P Cecil. I want Rikku. 80% stat breaks is awesome. I have 6* Dr Aiden,Wol Kryle,Tifa, Beryl, Rab, and so many more. Do you think Dr Aiden is better then Myra? I always use her as my healer. I also have Sylvie but the magic....cant tell what the spells do lol. Thank for explaining. Appreciate it.

16. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    A.WoL and Galuf are more or less on par. If you already have Galuf, you can just wait until A.WoL decide yo join your team naturally. Yeah, TDH/TDW is pretty the very main thing for stats and dmg output these days. As I mentioned in that thread, %ATK stuffs are not that effective in increasing dmg output these days. Getting TDH/TDW to cap (depending on the unit), stuffing the unit with Killer, LB dmg, etc. are much more impactful and squeezing %ATK onto the unit to reach 3000 ATK.

Peter fenton likes this.
  17. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

Good to know. I will do that. Ill come across him eventually anyway. Thank you for you input. Obviously you're knowledgeable and know what you're talking about. Thanks for the advice. I have to stay in this little community. Just helpful. Very fast response. Ill message you soon enough give you an update on my stat raising see how I do. Again thank you. Ttyl. Have a great day.

aa25 likes this.
  18. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

I have created many great units but still sometimes I'll see a friend unit have 20+thousand HP,2500 ATK just crazy numbers. I have alot of STMR weapons that have been upgraded. I use pots on the units I use the most to heighten the stats. I've played sooo long and beaten so much content. Many Trials i havent beaten. Most 10 man trials I haven't beaten.Chamber of the Indignant trials ugh...some are still unfinshed. Some I've tried and gotten whiped out lol. Thank you for helping.

Nixilu likes this.
  19. Peter fenton

Peter fenton New Member

Thanks for the info. Im going to uoc Rikku and P Cecil. I have been using Myra as a healer. I also have Sylvia but shes tough. Well here we go....P Cecil and Rikku coming up.

20. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Thanks. Just a heads up though, my brain does fart from time to time. LoL.

Peter fenton likes this.