1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Immortal Flame Katy Evade Tank Support Build

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by Fabell, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lila, TT, Setzer, Sylvie, 2B
    Just a note to all players, even those of you vets:

Currently you can get another Katy Perry unit (the blue dress one, IFK). You can get two 7* or one free STMR.

She is pretty good for her utility, but her stats are really low. I wouldn't recommend using her on trials, but doing normal content and missions, she is a godsend. Here are the benefits she will bring to your team:

7 chain families
    • Tornado (both magic and non-elemental forms)
    • Divine Ruination (5 turn cooldown, cannot be W-casted)
    • Chaos Wave (8x-16x damage, but honesty this is not important)
    • Quake
    • Flood
    • Freeze
    • Kingsglaive (LB)
    A different point of view
    Now, I'm going to be a contrarian and say that the chain families, while an interesting feature, are actually of little importance to her use for you. They are like the little bells or silver sequins on her dress - they sparkle and look cool, but at 7*, her max MAG is 169, while most MAG-based 7* units have MAG that is at least 200. She has extremely low HP, extremely low MP. My gear is enough to boost HSU's MAG to over 2.1k MAG, but using somewhat the same gear, her MAG only reaches around 1.3k.

Don't build her for MAG. Use her to increase the damage on chains only if you feel you have the ability to not break those chains, or if you have a pretty high stat unit who needs the additional chain damage to finish off a boss. But be wary, because her HP is pretty low if you focus on MAG.

Alternate build
    Instead of focusing on her MAG stat, look at some of the other abilities she has.

• entrust (called "Fortuna's Gift")
    • triple black magic (must be unlocked)
    • 30 MP restore to whole team (which can be W-casted, and only costs 20)
    • 40% chance to do either ATK/MAG or DEF/SPR break on all enemies (55%)
    • 20% chance to do fullbreak (60%) on whole team -- this and the above can be W-casted
    • rare item boost (50%) and gil boost (100%)
    • 200% boost to using healing items
    • 100% chance to counter (with her STMR)
    • counters with a 50 MP heal to whole team (twice per turn, one for physical and one for magical)
    • 6 elements (missing light and dark)
    Immortal Flame Katy 7★
    Right hand: Dragon's Destiny ATK+12, SPR+88
    Left hand: Moogle Plushie DEF+25, SPR+25
    Head: Jet Black Eyepatch HP+15%, ATK+18
    Body: Soccer Jersey ATK+7, DEF+23
    Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii ATK+30%, MAG+3, MAG+30%, SPR+3
    Accessory 2: Twenty-sided Die
    Materia 1: True Spirit of Freedom ATK+20%
    Materia 2: Transcendent Soul SPR+25%
    Materia 3: Evade
    Materia 4: Adamantine HP+50%, DEF+10%, SPR+10%
    Esper: Golem HP+93, HP+10%, MP+60, ATK+54, DEF+76, MAG+30, SPR+30
    Total: HP:8703, MP:461, ATK:298, DEF:329, MAG:477, SPR:410

Again, I'm not suggesting that you can use her for specific trials. but for regular missions, IW, even limited trials, she is a godsend. With this build, she can easily fit into your team as probably the most amazing entrust unit in the game (innate LB fill, with a 20 LB cost), who also brings those Xon boosts in a 7* form, with triple black magic, optional breaks, able to turn ethers into usable items, and you can use her provoke ability to basically get free MP heals each turn. You can also use her for elemental missions, chain missions, with the additional benefit of having some low-level imperils for ice, lightning, earth, wind (all 50%), water (30%), and that's not even mentioning you can W-cast her buff for the chance to get a full-buff on your team for 100% to all stats.

You can have two of her, but I would honestly suggest just getting her STMR, because of what it does for her (100% counter chance). Plus, her STMR is actually pretty good and offers an interesting support ability for an accessory that might be of some use to your support unit (as it's a support unit accessory).

2. Wdiggums

Wdiggums "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    So a year ago she’s an ffbe rockstar? Sounds like her real career xD

Nanyu, 21er and Regalia like this.
  3. Fayleen

Fayleen VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther my babe
    IMG_20190613_082704.jpg Only need 1 STMR and She already have 2K mag (Full mag build for anyone who wondering)

4. UnAbleToChain

UnAbleToChain Active Member

Global ID:
    178 283 744
    Japan ID:
    503 647 451
    Leads:
    Esther Sylvie
    If you're a new player, you can try the following steps:

(a) Start this game on Friday where we can access to "Cactuar Dunes"
    (b) Spend all your NRG at "Cactuar Dunes - Paradise" and level up your rank to level 15. Each Cactuar Dunes-Paradise grants you 280,000 EXP.
    (c) When you're ranked 15, you will have 500 RNG stock piling with you (accumulated). You can continue to farm at the same Cactuar Dunes - Paradise until you've emptied your RNG. The EXP gained from the cactuar is sufficed to level up 2 x IFKaty from 5* to 7* where each required 3,987,344 EXP.
    (d) You can now cruise all the story mode by using IFKP x 2, covering all the elemental magic + heal + MP regen, save all your resources and only summon useful units in the future.

TheKillingJoke, Nanyu, nox and 2 others like this.
  5. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    That stmr and two tmr accessories are from limited time unit qin tsk tsk lol ( ps nice build!)

Nanyu and Fayleen like this.
  6. Fayleen

Fayleen VIP VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther my babe
    Yeah ikr she's the only unit that's worthy enough to utilize Qin STMR XD

Wdiggums likes this.
  7. Regalia

Regalia Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, Bart, 2B, KM units
    I think you're absolutely right about her as a support unit. If you think of her as a replacement Xon, she's actually rather good. One Xon, one of her, and you're set.

My BiS for her gets her up to 5900 HP, 1500 MAG, 700 MP, and 480 SPR, so that's not bad. Of course, it's robbing my Elly of needed gear, so my second best build puts her at 7300 HP, 1200 MAG and 650 MP, with 500 SPR. Not the greatest, but enough for a support role. I think some of the discrepancy is just that you're building by borrowing from HSU, and she has different gear preferences than Elly.

Might want to reword this. I already knew what you were talking about, and you still confused me. ::ink::

40/40/20% chance to do a 55/55/60% Offense/Defense/All break, with the ability to w-cast, maybe?

Not just for support units. Slap that on a magic tank: 20% HP, 20% SPR? Okay, the ability would be interesting as a counter attack, but it's an active ability, so that brings it down a lot.

Nanyu and ExHaseo like this.
  8. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yup oddly enough!

Fayleen likes this.
  9. Luvbishie

Luvbishie "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    After getting her stmr, without pots, her mag is 201 (lvl 114). Not sure where you got 169 from.

Wdiggums likes this.
  10. Kujo

Kujo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I’m taking two into arena

11. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

What does she have going for her in Arena? I don’t want to miss out on that 50% moogle, but I’m always looking to upgrade my team. Can she more than single cast chaos wave?

12. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Yeah, she can DC it.

As I see it, her real benefit in the Arena is
    A) her lower than average stats don't matter, because they're still high enough to hit the damage cap
    -and-
    B) She's got so many elements and chaining moves that it's almost impossible for the weekly handicap to shut her down.

Ferax and Luvbishie like this.
  13. Ferax

Ferax Be excellent to each other & party on dudes! Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter

Dope! Huge shoutout to my dude @Kujo for mentioning arena. I was about to fuse the two 7 stars for a subpar STMR and a 50% moogle. I have no non-elemental AOE Magic chainers and no AOE TDH chainers for Arena and this is a huge win for me. Non-elemental Tornado and Chaos Wave sounds amazing. No longer will whales with full Evasion and insane elemetal Resist make me fight multiple turn arena battles. Shoot, I’m about to full pot two Katy Perry units. I never thought I’d see the day.

Aricin, Kujo, Fabell and 3 others like this.
  14. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Ikr? I've been using multiple Ellies, but I've had several fights the past few weeks where I've ended up sitting there the full 10 turns because nobody can hurt anyone. There was this one Tidus, fully immune to fire/water/earth/wind, just splashing away, and I'm running Fid for the bonus, and she's keeping the water resist buff going. And of course, no debuffs for the week, so no imperils...

Ferax likes this.
  15. Ferax

Yeah, my go-to teams are D. Fina and Rem Tornado chaining or 2 x Prompto Ballsitic chaining or whatever his AOE move is called. It sucks when someone full resists wind and it sucks when someone has full Evasion units. This Katy unit looks like it might solve all my Arena woes (except the one where we only get 5 orbs and have to log in every 5 hours to keep up our Arena rank).

Random question. Did they make Katy take less EXP to level for newer players? I just fused one max Level cactuar family onto a level 101 Katy and it brought me to level 120. Bug or working as intended?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Wdiggums and Regalia like this.
  16. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Working as intended. The last Katy was the same way.

Fabell and Ferax like this.
  17. zlatan1192

zlatan1192 Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Crimson, Loren, Sophia
    For arena... are a duo of Immortal Kathys better than a duo of Sophias though? I'm curious about this...

18. Wdiggums

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The other one of her took less exp too

Ferax likes this.
  19. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Was thinking about chaining the Katy's and unfortunately the two Katy's don't chain well together for anything other than quake.

Sophia is a good chainer, with lots of power, but you don't need power because of the damage cap. Sophia has multicast chaining (which is a plus), but it's all elemental. Elemental builds bigger chains, faster, but again we have a damage cap so it doesn't really matter.

Non-elemental magic chaining is king in the arena. Physical attacks can be evaded without TDH's accuracy (which is expensive to gear for), and magic is largely elemental (meaning it can be resisted or shut down by the weekly rules). Non-elemental magic avoids both of those problems. Sophia has the chains, but the elements are a drawback.

It's kind of a toss up. Sophia has t-cast to Katy's w-cast, but if they resist the element, you're screwed.

zlatan1192 likes this.
  20. Ferax

@Regalia @Wdiggums I guess I should have known that except I left the last one at level 101. I never intend to use that unit. This one however has crazy arena potential.