1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Is Aerith or Lenna worth blowing for?

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by bozo69pd, Jun 11, 2019.

1. bozo69pd

bozo69pd Ascended Member

Hey guys, just wondering the official opinion and those familiar with JP aka our upcoming content on whether Aerith or Lenna is worth going hard for when I only have Ayaka? I have 1 Myra whom I could UoC, but I just feel like I get carried pretty well by my 7 star Sieg, Wilhelm, Basche, Lid, 2B, 2x Esthers, Sylvie, Zargabeast, Cid, A. Frey that Ayaka usually does just fine. However I wonder if my complacency is about to get totally dominated with upcoming content?

In actuality I will pull hard for Red XIII just for nostalgia so maybe I will get Aerith in the process...

Skye likes this.
  2. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    So much to unpack here, including the fact that aerith and Lenna are in the same sentence as if they are by any measure comparable healers

So here is the thing, Ayaka is terrible, and aerith is just a better Ayaka.

Also the aerith banner is fairly terrible and Lenna won't be here for a while.

So.... All your options kind of suck,
    Best of luck then.

Sagranth likes this.
  3. Galuf the Dwarf

Galuf the Dwarf Skilled Orator and Internet Scribe VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren/event unit
    1/2
    Don't. Not worth it.

4. Hollis

Hollis The heretic VIP

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    who knows?
    N/A
    Lenna will be worth blowing resources on..
    She shares a banner with CG butz which is a very strong DPS as well...so why not?
    Aerith... Well... She isn't really game breaking in terms of healers and she has been faithfully warming the bench for me in JP.
    I say you should wait for 3rd anniversary which should come pretty soon, use the 5* troll tix you can get from that event and let the trolls come to you first.. whatever healer you got, keep it and hoard up till lenna..
    That's easily my advice..
    Should you have only folka, you may use lenna and folka too if you don't have fina, and that is still quite a solid choice (though not as spammy as fina in terms of reraise spam)

Skye and TheKillingJoke like this.
  5. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Short answer? No.

Long answer? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

6. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    Definitive answer? Awww hell no! XD

7. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Chat answer:

::rudecat10::

8. Prospekt

Prospekt Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno
    Read Aerith's JP info, and feel like Fina's skill set + Ayaka's LB.
    Love the unit, but may not worth to pull hard if you already got other 2 healers.

Skye likes this.
  9. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nyx, Regina, Loren, bonus
    Except Ayaka is awesome. So if Aerith is even better than her, then she must be the best healer ever. ::rudecat12::

10. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    The moment I got Folka I forgot who's Crapyaka.

Sagranth, Jianto and UnAbleToChain like this.
  11. Dajabec

Dajabec Ascended Member

Lenna does more than aerith and triple casts. She's the real upgrade.

12. Ashlag

Ashlag D*mb ass broke stupid player. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Thing is, healers are judged about the niche outside of core healer kit they have nowadays. From this standpoint, Ayaka is probably the worst 7* healer. But her core kit is one of the best, this is just not making her more useful than the others unless you can't survive without her barriers. This doesn't mean she can't be used, healers are the slowest powercreep so far.
    Aerith is stronger, with an even better core kit, but her niches all can be covered by other units that will be brought anyway in a trial team. Hence why she's not considered that much of an upgrade.

Galuf the Dwarf and Skye like this.
  13. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yeah look I don’t think it makes much sense to argue about units like this...

I always preferred Ayaka over LMFina for example, even though conventional wisdom is that Fina is supposed to be this super healer, but all I see is a one-trick pony who is essentially a Rikku 2.0 with some fan service CG animation. Which is why my Fina has pretty much never left the bench (except for my first clear of Europa2).

I’m sure some people disagree with my opinion and that’s totally fine, we all clear everything using slightly different units and approaches, based on what we have, and what we like.

I find it slightly amusing though that people are so fanatic about loving (or, hating) some units.

FFBEJay and C_L_I_C_K like this.
  14. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    I wouldn't say that Ayaka is "terrible" at all. She is a perfectly fine healer. Her problem is that she is ONLY a healer and the ones we have gotten later have so many OTHER things they can do to support the team as well.

Skye likes this.
  15. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    :rolleyes:::rudecat10::
    We do, because your opinion is objectively wrong. This is like arguing with a flat earther or an antivaxxer. Your opinion seems to weight more than facts for some reasons.

My opinion could be that all healers are equally useless because I have never needed one for a clear, but that would be opinion and not fact.
    Yeah man, those pictures of earth from space are totally doctored, NASA is on it as well.
    Lol
    Yep, everyone is wrong and you are totally right. Because what matter is your "opinion".

Fine, let's call her the worst 7* healer.
    She isn't "terrible" at all.

Sagranth likes this.
  16. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Nope, you’re wrong.

Each unit is different, I prefer one, you prefer the other.

Again, I see no reason to be a jerk over this.

Kaladin likes this.
  17. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Indeed we are, we are all wrong, and you are right, because your precious opinion is more important than facts.

Regalia, Sagranth and encelor like this.
  18. toooskies

toooskies Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I can sort of see the argument of Ayaka being better than CG Fina, but to me that's only for older, weaker content. If you need to heal every turn, CG Fina can't use her AOE reraise. Ayaka's barriers are great when you need to bring a weaker 6* unit to help out. 4k healing on Dedication+2 was great for lighter hitters, particularly if your tank could self-heal some portion of the damage they took, and 3k barriers were a good enough substitute for a heal on some turns if you needed to cleanse/revive.

But CG Fina is about to leap ahead with her dual-ability after the series boss battle we'll be getting soon. At that point she'll be very good for healing + other stuff, whereas Ayaka will still be stuck only healing. Barriers and 4k heals are sort of obsolete with 12k+ HP pools on every unit these days.

But ultimately Aerith and Lenna compete with Folka and Sylvie for spots in that you will need ailment resists and break resists for future content. You'll need full heals. You'll need to deal with Kill spells and abilities.

Skye likes this.
  19. GoodBoorger

GoodBoorger "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Aerith has nothing to do with Sylvie/Folka/Myra/Lenna's niche of being able to provide resistances to everything (Mira miss stop tho) but bersek. Because first and foremost Aerith can't actual give resistance anything outside of breaks.

Also likely you won't be using the healer spot for a support like Sylvie, but that's just me.

Hollis, Regalia, Kyoshiro and 2 others like this.
  20. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Folka, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    For healers, 5* base makes a huge difference (compare to 4* tanks, for example), anything less is simply trash. Ayaka isn't trash, but she doesn't do much beyond the bare minimum, and you can't just pick her up by herself and expect to clear new content. Pair her with Sylvie and she's okay, or use her as second healer in a two healer strat... If all you need is the standard healer kit, or you can supplement it with other units who have the "extras," you may not mind her limited kit.

So I guess what I'm saying is that she's workable, but for difficult content you have to shore her up with other units, some of which you may very well want to use anyway. She makes building a team harder, but not impossible, like 4* healers would.

Just about any other 5* healer is still a better choice, though.