1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

is Fid worth a UOC

Discussion in 'Unit Discussion' started by xV3N0M, Oct 8, 2019.

1. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    KHloud, T.Terra, Barbi, Raegen
    I was wondering if Fid is worth a UOC with my current units already? For breakers I have 7* Lid and 7* Sylvie with her CD I also have pretty much all other breakers but only at 6*

I love the role compression of Syvlie and always use her and Fid seems similar, I still have all elemental tetris to do and the last 3 CoA battles (yes I'm lazy)

I've read in the future UOC become less useful and you can't use them for units after a certain point so with that in mind is Fid worth it or could it be better spent on someone in the future?

Skye likes this.
  2. TheKillingJoke

TheKillingJoke Shenaniganator VIP

Global ID:
    833 586 843
    Leads:
    Berta, Lenna, Kryla, Tsukiko, Esther.
    Technically she's not worth it. You have Lid and Beatrix, both are working breakers. But Fid would be more convinient. I'd UoC her if i were you.

Seven and Skye like this.
  3. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    7* eLid is actually a decent breaker. You can probably clear everything with her. I would put off the UoC until running into a trial where you feel the perks of Fid would let you win (like Aoe reraise on CD, water imbue/imperil).

TheKillingJoke likes this.
  4. Vetur

Vetur Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Tsukiko
    I wouldn't UoC in this case.

I can attest to the Lid/Sylvie synergy (it's pretty much my default since I lack any other options). But if you care only about breaks, then HT Lid is technically better for that purpose (after enhancements... of which she has a lot, so it can be REALLY expensive cryst and gil-wise). While Fid technically has 'slightly' better non-LB breaks (74% AoE vs 70% single-target after enhancements), they're not exactly on-demand; they're locked behind a 6-turn cooldown skill, and you can't even Doublecast it nor use more than two at once after unlock.

The only reason you'd want Fid over Lid is if you need her Water Resist/imbue + secondary healing qualities, as direct healing is what Sylvie lacks or she'd be broken even today.

Seven likes this.
  5. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yea I forgot to mention Beatrix but I've never actually used her, Lid used to be a staple part of my team for a long time so I know she's great at breaking

I do have access to other reraise, my unit list needs updating as I now have the majority of healers including LM Fina, Aerith and Myra

Skye and TheKillingJoke like this.
  6. ExHaseo

ExHaseo Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena, Sephiroth KH, Esther, Charlotte
    The future of UoC is still up in the air. With the addition of labeling units with specific ticket amounts could mean that they'll still be useful in the future, we'll just need more. Gumi has also said that they're doing summon fest units differently.

All that being said, I think it's best to just save the UoC. HT Lid still works great as a breaker.

Seven and Tamamo05 like this.
  7. Road Ants

Road Ants Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz Wilhelm Fid Charlotte Lena
    Fid is great. Definitely worth a UoC.

you might not need Sylie if you have Myra

do you have Elephim? Her enhancements should be coming soon...

8. seilaoque

seilaoque VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    DPS for latest trial.
    18x
    Fid is awesome.

Unless you have Kryla, I'd say, absolutely go for it.

9. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    0x9F
    HT Lid is what, our #2 breaker after Kryla? At least in terms of raw %s.

Yes, Fid does have some good side utility. Her curaja can take some pressure off of the healer, and her water/light resists come in handy on occasion. The 200% aoe hightide is really appreciated too.

That said, a lot of her stuff is just bling. It looks good, but doesn't really do anything. Most meta DD's come with their own 100% imperils and imbues, adding aquatic killer bonuses is niche at best (leviathan aside), and I don't think I've ever actually used the AR frames she grants you. Her AOE reraise is on a 10 turn cooldown, her MP restore is pretty wimpy next to Sylvie or Folka, and most of the enemies you'd actually want to charm are immune (which is true of most status ailments).

The stuff you'll actually find yourself using basically boil down to her breaks, her LB, her heals, the Hightide, and her resists. You only have so many actions per turn, and only so many turns before you have to start over, after all.

Don't get me wrong, that's all incredibly useful, but you have to ask yourself if you already have it covered by other party members, and whether doubling up on it is a good idea.

TL,DR:

You don't NEED Fid. On the other hand, she IS incredibly useful, with solid synergy in a lot of teams.
    Do what makes you happy.

10. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    https://altema.jp/ffbe/unit#hosi7

Have bing translator ;-) #12 overall unit and number 2 breaker behind elephim ( after enhancements ) oh and scroll down passed the newest unit thing xD to get to the 7* evaluation list :) cheers! Edit also note altema has galuf light edition or whatever listed over cg warrior of light, anyone know if galuf ( next gl banner unit ) got enhancements or did altema go whacky?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  11. Sagranth

Sagranth "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz,Sieghard,Charlotte,Cilka
    Lid is perfectly fine as a breaker.

Sylvie is a servicable support,BUT:

Sylvie can't keep up her breaks 100% of the time,and bringing a subpar unit to fix the gap(Basch,Beryl,A.I. Katy) is worse than just bringing a dedicated breaker - after all,support is the first role to ditch if defensive breaks are applicable. She is the typical jack of all trades,once your team doesn't have weaknesses to cover(breaking,status resist,elemental resist),she becomes dead weight.

Fid on the other hand is an extremely good breaker,with some handy role compression,and the best single unit for finisher comps(Cid is the best example,who lacks elements,lacks imperils while doing his job,and needs a chain to land in - things that Fid covers alone,while doing her main job).

So,it depends on the weaknesses of your team and unit roster,but i'd say she worths it overall.

12. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    I normally use Kryla + Sylvie for finisher support, because you have more elemental options this way. Fid is water locked, and won't have enough actions to do everything (imbue, imperil, break) in one turn. Plus, a huge downside of Fid is that her imbue charms you, and she has nothing in her kit to prevent that.

I think you need to benefit from her side-heals to make her worthwhile.

13. Sagranth

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Which is pretty useless as trials rarely if ever change resistances. And,again,two units to do what one does.
    Water locked is not an issue in most cases,and since most finishers with a future take a turn to set up(except Regina,but she dies if anything farts in her general direction,so you have to reimbue anyways,taking up an action each turn),not being able to do everything in one turn rarely if ever matters.
    So Fid can do Ultimate Siesta+Lovely Water on T1,then she can do long term atk/mag breaks(most likely) or Water Fight + a supportive action. And saying that she doesn't have enough actions to do everything is pointless,bc Sylvie won't be able to do more than two things either untill you pop one of her cooldowns - thus you drag along Kryla.

If only Lenna,Folka,Myra or a unit with Lakshmi could prevent that 20% charm... Oh wait.

14. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    Each trial boss has different immunities/resists. 3 out of the last trials, Morgana, Anima and Glacial are immune to water. It can work if the boss is at least neutral, but even then, there is often a little weakness, 30% or 50% that makes one element slightly better. Even Sylvie isn't always usable, despite offering 3 elements.

Well Regina is probably the most useful damage dealer currently, so what's best for her is probably worth considering. ;) And your interpretation of her survivability feels exaggerated to me, I don't think you'd truly believe that had you really successfully used her.

But just to clarify, as an avid Regina user myself I can say that you almost never need to reapply anything to Regina, because she very rarely dies, if ever.

I'm not debating which unit is better, if that's even worth debating. I just shared my experience using the units in question.

Of course it's possible, but it means you need that unit to be there, and do that action.

In the end units individually don't matter as much as the team you can compose and the way the units can enhance eachother, maybe you have good experiences with Fid and combine her with Folka (or whomever) and for you the downsides are not so significant. That's totally fine. For me, with my units and play preferences, Fid has never really shined, which is why I gave my opinion and how I normally handle the things Fid could handle.

I'm not saying Fid is bad, or there aren't situations where she really shines, but I wouldn't want to oversell her either.

AnnieMae likes this.
  15. xV3N0M

xV3N0M Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Thanks for all the input guys I'll hold off from using a UOC for another right now, once I decide to catch up on trials I'll see how my current units perform lol

Skye likes this.
  16. Sagranth

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Out of those,only glacial is an actual trial,but you don't want a breaker anyways,because atk/mag breaks are useless - nothing to talk about here.

And bringing a healer or slapping Lakshmi on a unit and using their resist skill is hard because... ? (The only content where healers will get ditched is Dark Visions(for maximum points),but that's ~9 months away from global.)

And lastly: the main draw about Fid is the role compression,something that she does better in meta or near meta teams by herself for the majority of the content,because she alone does what you bring two units for. And in Tower(soon tm),you have limited unit space(5,without friends),so every slot counts.

17. Skye

Skye Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Kryla, Nyx
    So out of curiousity, do you have any specific example of current/past content where you feel Fid makes a significant enough difference versus other options that warrants convincing someone to UoC her?

Or is your high opinion of Fid rather based on future content you expect to arrive to Global in the near future?

18. AnnieMae

AnnieMae "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Kurasame/Sophia
    I got a Fid, like 2 or 3 months ago, and contemplated on using UoC on her, mainly because of reraise since my only 7* healer then were Ayaka and Folka. I remember preparing for a trial where reraise was necessary. Of course, if I brought her, I’d be dropping Kryla.

Anyway, I read meme’s review and looked at her kit to see how her rotations would go. The way I saw it, if I want a full break on turn 1, I’d be using up my reraise. That means for the most part, I’d be settling for 60% def and spr break. After beach house, of course I’ll be using the high atk/mag break. Then on the turn I use her lb, I won’t be doing anything else anyway.

So in the end, I decided she won’t fit my play style. Besides, with Folka, Kryla was also my source of dispel. I’m sure, in certain instances, a full break won’t matter since the boss would be immune to either atk/mag or def/spr.

But now that I have Lenna and Myra, and 50 UoC tickets. I think I can afford to use one on fid, if she’ll fit in one of the many trials I’ll try to tackle.

Btw, I also have HT Lid, King edgar, unawakened Beowulf and Loren.

In the end, other than using UoC on a unit you really like to have (that was Sieghard for me, used 1 UoC after failing to get 2 on his banner), it’s important to consider the trial you might want to use the unit on and the other units you will bring.

Skye likes this.
  19. Andys

Andys Ascended Member

Global ID:
    A bit offtopic, on the idea of using Fid for 1TKO with finisher. Fid+Sylvie+Myra can do it this way (but maybe I forgot something though so please correct me if I am wrong):
    Myra - Status/Charm resist, Intro
    Fid - Water Fight, one of imperils (75%)
    Sylvie - CD break def/mag + buff finisher's atk/mag, maybe second CD break in case boss is not dead after this. (70% break)

With Kryla&Sylvie you'll need actual chaining partners (pretty easy requirement)-
    Kryla - Calamity Brew, Impending Doom (100% imperil, 70% break)
    Sylvie - imbue finisher with one of 3 elements.

I think both methods are viable and close in damage output. First one has buffs but 75% imperil, second no buffs but 100% imperil.
    If we take actual meta chainers into battle and add their damage to finisher's then still two methods should be somewhere close. First method imbues them too, second one can imbue only one of them (one cast from Sylvie spent on finisher). Now, if the chainers can self-water-imbue like ALasswell or Sylvie was enhanced and could t-cast on first turn this would be different