1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

IS mordegon's STMR worth moogling?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by hotaru251, Feb 14, 2020.

1. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
  2. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

What other stmr are you weighing vs this and for which unit?

3. hotaru251

hotaru251 "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    none~

about only limited units i have are eleven, mordegon, & serena (she can rot forever).

and not in need of anything specifically just curious as to how it rates for moogle worthy or not.

4. Khidir

Khidir Ascended Member

Has the highest base mag and nice refresh to get mp back faster but I can't really see what makes it a "wow I must have this immediately" like upgrade package or ravenheart especially if you're just curious and not a dedicated mage user.

The mag evasion is pretty negligible and wouldn't be a serious factor for any trial.

I see it as a nice luxury piece when compared to skyfall or if you have MS Nichol stmr.

That being said I would also factor STMR like heliolite vs your team refresh as I see the mp refresh being the best pro vs a few points of mag increase.

So in short unless you are maxed out in other areas or if you really need that refresh for a mage that burns through mp fast I wouldn't rank it high as a priority.

5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
  6. Chrizz

Chrizz "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    154 176 245
    Leads:
    Elena, Charlotte, Circe, Foltra,
    No.

It's really powerful but mages has really limited play in the game.
    Eleven's STMR will be great for CG Cloud

On the other hand, Serena's STMR is actually really good in my opinion. Basically it's guts passive on your Support or Healer. I've got Primrose STMR and it saved my neck numerous times just because my Healer got guts and I was able to recover from it.

7. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2B, Esther, Rena, Randi
    Hell no, we already have one STMR level rod on indigant trial, with another one coming soon. 30% mag evasion is not that big deal since it doesn't stack.

Arekusu likes this.
  8. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Smashing trials the bald way VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    To tell you the truth I have 2 STMR moogles, and the only STMR I am still not getting because they are limited are Ravenheart and Elena STMR (I only have 1 elena so I would have to UoC then moogle her). Those 2 STMR are the best in game in my book for now, but they can wait also, as I have beat all trials up to the ones that were just released.

Also other great STMR would be the TDW Mag STMR (Christine & Morgana, Ravenheart is the only other one I think), they would have more priority to me than Mordegon STMR.

To this day, I still feel like the best STMR offensive item in the game is Bahamut Tear. Nothing even comes close to what kind of carnage this one item brings, and each unit that can benefit from it (Aldore King Rain, Hyoh, Esther) are all Thunder element users. Even with all it brings, it still isnt a "must have" item to me tho....Once Esther gets her enhancements (in history its around the 1 year mark, that will be easter of this year) She will most likely be back on AKR level, if not larger since they initially "nerfed" her.

Sooner or later there will be another "must have" STMR, but I think if you are ok on beating current content, dont let the STMR Moogle "Make you burn it"

9. AgriasOaks21

AgriasOaks21 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Mordegon, Sieghard, Fei, Event
    It's gotten the second most mileage out of any of my STMRs for me, but also I am a mage nerd and use one at pretty much all times. *shrug*

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  10. Arekusu

Arekusu VIP VIP

Do mages suck?

just keep asking yourself that question every time you consider STMR moogling a piece of mage gear.

Wdiggums likes this.
  11. iBuko

iBuko “Common sense is not that common” VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    868 418 572
    Leads:
    XWQL, Karten, A. Fry, Regina, O. Zyrus
  12. Keitoshi

Keitoshi Ascended Member

Leads:
    Fryevia, CgFina, CgLasswell, loren
    serenas stmr is better than morge imo. its a guts with benefits good on supports healers and spr tanks who lack guts passives and can be a life saver