1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

It is funny how Steel Castle / IW has become more fun than the events we've been getting lately?

Discussion in 'Rants, Raves and Accomplishments' started by Senturion, May 15, 2019.

1. Senturion

Senturion VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Aileen or Tidus usually
    I mean raids are a chore but at least make the raid craftables and rewards something that people would be interested to use and get? Gumi: Nope.

KM are so repetitive but at least make the rewards for exchange (... not just tickets) something worthy of grinding? Gumi: Nope.

Story events! Actually for those who like story, this is the best you can get! But shouldn't they make the bonus stage more consistent in difficulty? Some weeks are tougher than trials. Other weeks are like Peanuts! Gumi: Nope, Sorry.

So there you go. Steel Castle becomes the best event of the week BY FAR. At least the reward of getting a nice rare enhancement is quite satisfying.

Lately I've been getting bans. Just got back from one. Hope this post is okay and I don't get banned again -.-

lupinorris and Jman1115 like this.
  2. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    The mods are nice enough to help you quit :D

And I enjoy every event the same: not very much, because I do everything on Repeat. Grab the rewards and go. Raids are the worst tbh because they clutter my inventory with useless crap. Just waiting for actual trials.

Seven, Ferax and 21er like this.
  3. Ashlag

Ashlag Try Dead Cells. It's great. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    Don't break the rules or post GoT spoilers again, then.

Also, meh, this isn't much more interesting than anything else to me. Story updates are more tedious but more interesting IMO.

SummonerBWM, Seven and Frosty Toast like this.
  4. Frosty Toast

Frosty Toast Lord El-Melloi II VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    511 684 224
    Leads:
    Event, 2B, Raegen
    Is it funny how there's still this daily/weekly thread?

BUT on the topic of Steel Castle, yeah, it's not necessarily funny, per se, but it's certainly a little odd. The events are flat boring, but that's how they are. Steel Castle, in my mind, is the slightest bit more immersive than the others.

Seven, nox and Senturion like this.
  5. Jman1115

Jman1115 The bewbsologist VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    338 898 279
    Leads:
    A2
    Steel Castle is one of the few events that has a worthwhile payoff. Gumi doesn't understand that if you are going to make grindy boring events, at least make the payoff worthwhile and couple it with regular engaging trials that put our resources to good use.

Seven and Senturion like this.
  6. lupinorris

lupinorris "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Im glad Steel Castle appears now, so we can focus exclusive on looking for rares.... otherwise dailies login only

Seven and Senturion like this.
  7. Sorwen

Sorwen VIP VIP

The problem is that some want to treat this like an MMO, the game was never designed for it, and Gumi wants to drag things out more so those people will be willing to spend on refreshes. That leaves you with every event being a grind in the end. The game was never meant for the amount of time some want to put into it and Gumi is to lazy to try to make something interesting to do.

If the world was built more like the old school FF games and you were able to freely enter after you got the rewards then people who just want to mess around with their units could just wonder around the "over world". That seems to be what some people are looking for. Sad thing is that the game would need a major overhaul and that isn't gong to happen.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Jatabo, Seven and Senturion like this.
  8. Nouk

Nouk "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Event related
    180s
    Steel Castle is not fun in itself, but I can see the appeal because it's another lottery mechanism like pulling a unit. You put a coin, pull the lever and wait for it, get disappointed and try again because you have the excitement of maybe getting something great from it!
    It's still a chore for me, a more exciting one but still not a fun one.
    Main and side stories are still what I prefer!