1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Item World - Armor, Shields, Helmets

Discussion in 'General' started by greenshadow, Nov 10, 2018.

1. greenshadow

greenshadow Ascended Member

Leads:
    A2, DV, Orlandeau
    Seems Item World is more like Weapon World, since weapons are the only equipment that can be enhanced.

Does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade armor, shields, or helmets in the future?

2. Magoya

Magoya The Leading Mustache VIP Supporter Spanish Moderator

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hyoh, Trance Terra
    JP does not have that. But who knows. Everything is possible.

greenshadow likes this.
  3. joshvengard

joshvengard Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    the hyohlarius man himself :D
    On the same topic, I’ve noticed that besides high tide, most rare abilities are lvl 3, will we get lower/higher levels?

4. Jackal90

Jackal90 I am, the M00gle l0rd. Valkyrie Æsir Spooky VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    If we follow JP then there are some bonus upgraded ones.
    For example, some of the 30% rare abilities have become 40% etc.

Magoya likes this.
  5. Shinobi_SAC

Shinobi_SAC "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    959 392 578
    Leads:
    Acc1: 7 Lucius Acc2: 7 Wilhelm
    159/45
  6. FishDJ

FishDJ Fisherman VIP

Leads:
    Event related
    180s
    I'm running out of equipment storage because of IW...each enhanced item takes up a slot

7. Jackal90

Global ID:

This is my issue with it lol.
    My kelsus arena team has 10 fists between them (2 different types)
    These alone eat up 10 slots now, but it's worth it XD

8. FishDJ

FishDJ Fisherman VIP

Leads:
    Event related
    180s
    Too cheap to buy slots. All my slots I've gotten so far are from free tickets

9. Jackal90

Global ID:

I'm at around 349/350 currently I think lol.
    I upgrade when I have no other option, I like keeping random crap as it may be useful at some point lol.

Zilch and FishDJ like this.
  10. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    I am most certainly convinced that there are 2 reasons enhanced items count towards the equipment total:
    1. Unique identifier in inventory for coding, etc. Logically it makes sense since we are creating customized versions of existing code, effectively recoding them as new items.
    2. Gumi wants you to expand your slots. I wholeheartedly believe item world is a smoke and mirrors ploy for many of us unwilling to toss some older stuff away to expand our slots.
    Gumi logic and app logic both apply here. We can't blame them for how custom weapons work against the inventory capacity, but you can most certainly count on them never changing that function since its yet another "money" maker, so to speak. We spend lapis to refill our orbs to make less room in our inventory to then spend lapis to expand said inventory. Seeing as lapis = currency and currency = $$$, there is a direct correlation.

With all that said, I'd rather have IW than not have it at all, and I'd rather spend my lapis expanding my inventory than getting rid of things I may need or want later on. It's a double-edged sword, but it's the price that we pay for the feature itself.

IW has allowed me to make the Gaia Hammer and Excalibur perfect for my Zarg, and the list goes on and on. To me, the price of expansion is worth the benefit of customization for a specific unit or in general. Bahamut Tear is obv OP for now, and having the option to make it even better? That's absolutely fantastic.

Zilch likes this.
  11. Zilch

Zilch Wolf of the Walltext xD Spooky Valkyrie Æsir Chocobro VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Whatever is needed
    That's why I'm at 513/520, because I like to hoard. You never know when an item can become handy, especially with stuff like elemental attacks (for like elemental chain quests, and I sold some of these and regret it later) or status ailment resistances and so on. Because I made that mistake once I never sell equipment with something on it again xD

Nimbus3 likes this.