1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Let's celebrate together with a small giveaway! 60$ in total! Make sure to participate! To the Christmas Giveaway
  3. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  4. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  5. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.

Just for fun - did you ever level up LB just by using it?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Abilities' started by machinegungun999, Dec 6, 2017.

1. machinegungun999

machinegungun999 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    Is there anyone have units they use so much that LB level up by just using and no pot?

I finally level up my Orlandeau's Swordplay to level 2 just by using it, lately I almost use his LB every single turn to clear mobs and his LB refill so fast, though completely useless against any half-decent boss....... -_-"

2. leemanho

leemanho Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    Of course. I sometimes farm LB in Earth Shrine, just equip some auto LB thing, then guard, guard, guard, LB, repeat. But you cannot use this method for damage type LB

3. machinegungun999

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    I am mostly about level up LB by "accident" - those units with horrible LB but is powerful by itself that you will keep using

4. leemanho

leemanho Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    950 921 563
    Still yes. I leveled up Rain and Lasswell's LB by a few levels when I first started playing, maybe some others too I cannot remember.

5. Fencat

Fencat Active Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Loren
    I got to level 2 on a couple of my main characters from running most story missions on Auto with auto use LB turned on :D
    havent played long enough to get past level 2 yet though

6. Kyoshiro

Kyoshiro Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    GL:2B JP:Shadowlord
    Back in the days I had Bartz, Terra and Kefka's lb lvl up once, and I raised Cecil's lb to max without pots (never doing that again XD)

7. architect

architect Fairy Member VIP Supporter

Never for me. LB Pots are goodness.

8. nxnco

nxnco Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Agrias Doublehand Excalibur
    Back when lightning was the God, I got her LB to 2 ::rudecat17:: I benched her when she's at 33% tmr

9. JesterXV

JesterXV Ascended Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    JP/GL: Orlandu
    F2P
    My Cecil's Lb was manually leveled up to 20 until his 6* was release i used pots from 21-25 :P
    There's no autolb back then you have to manually cast the lb ::rudecat4::

10. nxnco

nxnco Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Agrias Doublehand Excalibur
    I'm surprised you're not mentally broken yet::thonk::
    that's a damn strong dedication ::rudecat11::

11. JesterXV

JesterXV Ascended Member

Japan ID:
    Leads:
    JP/GL: Orlandu
    F2P
    i dont know haha.
    i was doing the LB trophies that time too, i did not totally make it lv 20 but its almost there when rounded off hehe after that i despise casting LB again after knowing there's LB pots.

12. ketupat

ketupat Well-Known Member

Leads:
    Orlandeau
    i use this method when levelel up tidus lb, but just 1 lvl then just use pot

13. machinegungun999

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau
    This is why I said "for fun" in the title.... Most old players probably have a maxed LB Cecil one way or another. The fun is for someone's LB is so poor that you never use it in serious battle, yet you use the unit so much that he got level up just by auto LB killing mobs......

Oh and by the way, I also have a Kain sitting at level 2 LB just by using him in battle - back at the days when Chizuru was the best DPS (and of course I only got Chizuru - multiple of her actually - after even Lightning became trash) my main DPS was Kain and I got his LB to level 2 just by using it, he was 4* maxed back then so level up LB wasn't that hard...

14. seilaoque

seilaoque "Hall of Fame" Member

the fact that you don't even earn a LB level by playing normally just shows how bad this system really is.... lol.

no, I haven't EVER leveled a LB without pots.

15. fletcha

fletcha Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    I earth shrine lb leveled my Cecil to 20 while TM farming him in the days before pots were plentiful. But we don't talk about macros here.

Oops I said the m word.

16. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Active Member Supporter

Another user posted this method (it wasn't my find, but I can't recall who posted it), but there's a 6-enemy boss fight in one of the Mysidia missions, I think the icon's a house covered in snow, where you can use Maxwell's (a limited unit unfortunately) LB to fill up your limit bars and Esper guage to case all your LBs. Obviously you need to tone down the damage you take and receive, and heal the enemy at least occasionally so you don't reduce your LB-generation rate, but once you figure out a good setup you just spam Repeat.

The RNG will screw you over on occasion, so it's worth it to look up every so often, but I used this method to level IlluNick's LB before 6-starring him... Not sure what other LBs are viable for this method if you don't have Maxwell, though.

17. fletcha

fletcha Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    And you know about the esper battle LB leveling method right? Search for it, it should come up. Usually use Ifrit battle.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 5:01 PM
  18. House of Anchors

House of Anchors Active Member Supporter

Heard about that one, too, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet. I'm guessing it's far less harsh than the 6 mermen things in Mysidia, though.

19. Eynskaet

Eynskaet Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2B,Aya,GLS,Ace,Wil,Zrg,.....
    My first Cecil (raised quick to 5* and then left there when I LB potted my 2nd one before awakening), Terra, and Kefka are at Level 2 LB from regular use. Tellah and Lenna each almost leveled once. A bunch of other earlier units made decent progress but got left behind too fast.