1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Just pulled Barb... need Marlboro input

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Backosteel, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Backosteel

Backosteel Ascended Member Supporter

I just pulled a Barbariccia, and I am pumped as I have yet to have a good AOE damage dealer. For doing the Marlboro trial, I've even been trying the Shantotto/Barb friend method, but had to bring a finisher to do enough damage and haven't had enough survivability. My planned team is as follows:

Ayaka
    Barb
    friend Barb
    Mystea
    WoL

Here is where I need some input. I can get Mystea to 100% dark resist but then she only has like 5500 or 6000 hp. Also, my best provoke tank is WoL. Not ideal. I've tried a Fohlen with as much evade as I can give him but he dies too quickly. Should I give Mystea less dark resist and instead bring someone who can give dark resistance?

I could bring BS Sakura for dark resistance, MP refresh, damage mitigation, status immunity, etc. I like having Mystea with 100% dark resist so I don't have to worry about keeping up on the dark resistance cycle. I could also bring eSoleil or Ramza instead of BS Sakura with the 100% resist.

Any input is very helpful. I've tried this little monster so many times. I'm hopeful that Barb is the piece I am missing, but I may also have to wait until I get just a little better gear for my WoL or pull Cagnazzo/the moustache.

2. TheRunawayGirl

TheRunawayGirl KINGDOM HEARTS 3 BABY! VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Anything you might desire
    Excuse me?

3. Vatenkeist

Vatenkeist VIP VIP Supporter

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    Equip H-Shields with the Demon Shield. Put her on Diabolos = 100% dark resist. Rest goes to HP and SPR, u ll want her around 7500HP as a minimum.

Barb. is not the piece u might be missing, but can help building up a chain for BS Sak. to cap with that pink lazer o death, also usefull if the friend unit is geared with tentacle etc for more killers specifically for this trial.
    That MP regen SB Sak offers will come in handy though rosa is better for this trial. xD Mystea will have no trouble handling status effects. Wol can work , as provoke tank having brave presence +2 for 3 turns.
    ... u still will need to be able to kill the adds every 2 turns ... thats your main problem. also u need more then 5.5-6.5k hp on all your units preferably.

Backosteel likes this.
  4. SNova42

SNova42 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Barbariccia, Tidus, Christine, BSS
    I think it will be very hard to ramp up Barb’s damage high enough to kill the little Malboros every three turns without killers, and even with a finisher like BSSakura you might not be able to keep it up long enough before you run out of MP and need to recharge. And then it’ll descend into complete chaos unless you’ve got very solid defense.

Backosteel likes this.
  5. Backosteel

I have resisted farming Charlotte's TMR as I feel like I have so many other higher priority ones. Maybe I needo to just bite the bullet and get it done.

6. Backosteel

Also, I thought the damage Mystea takes is mitigated by her DEF for this fight, not her SPR. Is that wrong?

7. Vatenkeist

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    Def certainly helps , but she does need SPR more. Crowes TMR MVP , doesn t Hurts to put in an Pat. Recall - alas her base def is rather low so a 20% increase on these might not be as noticeable as u might think. The materia is better spend elsewhere.

Backosteel likes this.
  8. Vatenkeist

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    [​IMG] Ankh of Godness and 2x Crofts Intiution. Who said shit TMR dont have an use. Thats a Mystea build good for Malboro, if u don t have the Frozen Crown Put Something else in there. Your Target is above 7500 HP.The Page doesn t has yet the materia or TMR up yet. U can Use Finas Clothes too in case u cant get Olifs TMR. Do keep in mind this is Fully potted.
    HP 8013
    MP 489
    DEF 342
    SPR 485

[​IMG]
    14%
    [​IMG]
    44%
    [​IMG]
    14%
    [​IMG]
    14%
    [​IMG]
    14%
    [​IMG]
    14%
    [​IMG]
    -36%
    [​IMG]

Backosteel likes this.
  9. BluesBro

BluesBro "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    680 709 554
    Leads:
    The Muscle from Brussles
    Barb can do Malboro but you want her at BiS and your friend unit with malboros tentacle whip for the killer effect.

Backosteel likes this.
  10. Vatenkeist

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    He has trouble gearing Mystea for that fight , Barb BIS is beyond him for now. Besides the tentacle is part of her BIS. bummer.

Backosteel likes this.
  11. BluesBro

BluesBro "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    680 709 554
    Leads:
    The Muscle from Brussles
    He asked if Barb is the missing piece for his malboro story. Yes, she could but need BiS (before Malboro) of course her bis is without the reward for the fight. Thank you.

Treyblud and Backosteel like this.
  12. Backosteel

I can get Barb close to BIS. I have Mateus Malice + Glory of Evil, Trick Hat, Siren's Robe, Adv V, SSP-Light, Rod Mastery, Genji Glove, Mag 20% accessory and probably Mag 30 for other slot. Don't know if that's quite enough. Friend Barb has 1100+ Mag plus the whip.

13. Demiluna

Demiluna Ascended Member

if this guy can make it work with shantotto, you should be able to make it work with barb, if not today, then soon enough:

Backosteel likes this.
  14. Backosteel

BTW, what unit build site is this from? I've been trying to find a good one since the last one I used went dark. Thanks!

15. Vatenkeist

Leads:
    Flavor of the last Year
    Good enough. Combine that with The Friend BIS Barb. and u should be good to go. I tried once using Cloe for aditional killer and dark resist without much success. I mean She really helps alot Killing Adds . but not much use for something else. eTT + friend eTT Mystea Cagnazzo Solei and Rosa did the Trick for me.

Builder Site : http://ffbeequip.lyrgard.fr/builder.html

Backosteel likes this.
  16. Backosteel

Just saw the url at the bottom of the image. Never mind.

17. Backosteel

One other question I had on this fight. I know this sounds dumb, but do I kill them when the turn counter says Turn 3 or Turn 4?

18. FFiscrack

FFiscrack Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, barbariccia, LM Fina
    I beat Marlboro with WoL, mystea, Yan, eLunera, barb and barb friend with Marlboro's whip.

WoL had pod equipped for extra physical dmg mitigation on top of yan's dmg mitigation. Also used his 100% enhanced provoke and def/spr break when i felt they were necessary.

Mystea uses Tritetia wall and clear veil. Sometimes her maxed LB on turns where Yan needed to do something else. Used her 100% self hp restore move occasionally when needed as well. She had 100% dark resist and was geared for Def and HP. You want Def on mystea not spr for this fight. Some of the attacks are cast as magic dmg but received as physical. So mystea's magic cover will work but Def will reduce incoming dmg. My mystea survived tentacle rampage.

Yan was busy the whole fight. She cast damage mitigation on turn 1. I had her equipped with rikkus pouch and jade moon pendant for turns mystea couldn't get clear veil up. Her LB towards the second half of the fight was great as well.

eLunera sang the whole fight...

My barb and barb friend were able to do about 70% damage to adds on 1 turn after aeraja stacked up. I constantly had to check damage and make sure I didn't kill the adds early.

If you are dead set on using barb I recommend leveling her LB for the LB kill mission. I didn't level her LB and still need to go back to accomplish that mission...

Also I made sure to have dispel on several different units for when it was needed after the 50% threshold. I used Odin on WoL, ramuh on barb and siren on yan. Never know who's going to be alive or who's going to have a open turn in rotation to be able to dispel crazy mad.

Backosteel likes this.
  19. FFiscrack

FFiscrack Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, barbariccia, LM Fina
    Before 50% threshold you need to kill them on turns multiple of 4. After 50% thresholds is multiples of 3. When calculating multiples of 3 it's calculated from the start of fight still, not 3 turns after the threshold.

So let's say you push Marlboro past the 50% threshold on turn 12 and kill the adds. You need to kill the adds on turn 15 next to be able to avoid devour

Edit: if Marlboro gets pushed past 50% threshold at turn 13. Adds still need to be killed on turn 15 if that clears it up for you.

Backosteel likes this.
  20. nxnco

nxnco "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    God Emperor
    check the wiki page.
    There are two different rotations depending on Malboro's HP.
    above 50% HP you just need to kill the minis at turns with multiples of 4. (4, 8, 12, etc..)
    Below 50% HP, you have to look out for turns with tentacle rampage too, Rampage happens also at turns with multiples of 4. (you don't have to kill minis to stop Rampage.. You can't stop it.)
    While the Bad Breath devour rotation happens at multiples of 3. (3, 6, 9, 12, etc..)

Backosteel likes this.