1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Just quick question...

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by Random-Kun, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Random-Kun

Random-Kun Member Supporter

Global ID:
    150 342 921
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    Dear gents,
    Due to my lack of proper knowledge of this game, I just want to make sure there's no overlapping role on my current team. So far I only knows bout "general" role, something like "this is tank, this is magical attacker or this is healer".
    So, my team currently consist of emperor, Ashe, kurasame, machina & mystea.
    My concern is Ashe & emperor both are magical attacker, even though Ashe have a little support on her skill but somehow I feel is better to replace one of them with physical tank (currently I only have wol & rain) for general purpose team. If I have to replace one of them, which one should I replace? As for now I'm trying to farm on Dominion defensive line event for moogle trust.
    Thank you
    *Note: apologise for broken English, feel free to blame g**gle translate.

2. Enzo

Enzo Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Orlandeau, Aileen, Barbariccia, Lunera
    What units do you have? We need to have an idea of what resources you have available.

3. Random-Kun

Global ID:
    150 342 921
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    I'm just starting not sure if I have any option. But, here's my list :
    5* emperor, kurasame, machina,
    4* ashe, mystea, shine, wol, Crowe, drace, elbis, macmedi, deuce, summertime Luka,
    3* zidane, Garland, exdeath, Duane, cerius, medius, Lani, ludmille, jack, Faris, Cinque, eight, ovelia, guy, heltich, sice, Iris, Edward, Lucille, ramira, ryuka, cater, tide rider skaha,
    2* rain, laswell, Fina, mizell,
    Hope you won't disappointed ::innocent::

4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    Is your Emperor enhanced ? If not, he is pretty bad.

Ashe is a solid support unit. She is quite well-round and I would keep her around for that.

I would drop Mystea for WoL since most of the early contents do phy dmg, not mag. WoL will be more useful, imo.

One top of everything else, a pair of chainers is usually enough for damage dealing department. If you have Kurasame, I would use him and chain with friend's Kurasame. The rest of the team can be healer/tank/support. So I would say something like WoL, Ashe, Kurasame, Machina, some healer Healer. Once you progress a bit further, I would looking into replace Ashe with a buffer.

Hope this helps.

Random-Kun likes this.
  5. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    FD_Nyx/Ayaka/S.Nichol/Barb/Lilith
    It looks fine, imo.

I would use Deuce as a healer. I don't see any buffer standout, butCrowe is technically an okay buffer. I won't invest too much on her though. If you are going with Deuce, Ashe will be a good choice to help with status ailment cure and stuffs like that.

6. Poached

Poached Ascended Member

Leads:
    Hyoh, TT
    Hmm, second building up WOL. He was a very respectable physical tank back in the day. You won't need anything better until you try the harder trials.

You lack a good healer and good defensive/all-rounded buffer. What you're running is fine. Later on you'll need to replace all the DPS units with more support/healer to take on harder content. You've got a top-tier breaker in Machina and pretty good chainers in 6* Machina and Kurasame. I'd prioritize building Machina first (perhaps others can weigh in on this) as he has innate dual wield and I think is easier to build compared to kurasame who is more TMR heavy IMO.

Random-Kun likes this.
  7. Aliala

Aliala Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Malphasie <3 , Kurasame, and others
    Ashe is a solid aoe magical chainer that has some healing capabilities included in those chain skills. I used her for a long time (as indicated by my profile pic xD). She's great for early on in the game. Emperor, while magic attacker, is more along the lines of a finisher instead of a chainer. Meaning he's good for 1 high damage hit, but his 6* form is pretty meh in my opinion.

Random-Kun likes this.
  8. Random-Kun

Global ID:
    150 342 921
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    Thank you for all the advice gents,
    @aa25 my emperor still far away from any enchantment.
    I just read your thread bout song defensive showcase. Previously I only use ashe heaven fury + reduce atk/mag is enough but just earlier I got screwed.
    Regarding Crowe, the only thing that interested me because she have mitigate skill 30% for all allies while mystea only for herself and machina have a separate skill for magic & physic attack. Honestly, I don't think I will build Crowe...just amateur opinion, but who knows what will happen next when I do some trial ::innocent::.
    @Poached yes, a lot of people say so. I'll try to build him as soon as possible.
    Once again thanks a lot guys

9. Random-Kun

Global ID:
    150 342 921
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    You're right, Ashe is very helpful with her skill set but still I want to try to build for emperor. Well, at least try to put some enchantment....well, won't be easy for me though but it is quite good for.....a motivational excuses::innocent::

10. Etzel009

Etzel009 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Ignis, Olive, Kurasame
    Kurasame can be your main DPS
    Machina is a solid breaker (single target)
    WoL is a good early tank
    Crowe can be your support/buffer
    Summertime Luka can be your healer.

For Emperor you need to full enhance him, leave it benched until you can gather enough mats for that.

Eventually you will get enough units that can replace the ones you have, you don't need to rush on that.

Random-Kun likes this.
  11. Random-Kun

Global ID:
    150 342 921
    Leads:
    Kurasame
    Will try to keep in mind. Yeah, sometimes I just carried away and just head on without double check everything...