1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Kaktiria Creation! + Other Designed Units

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Erick_Artxel, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Erick_Artxel

Erick_Artxel New Member

Global ID:
    As i said in the "Welcome" thread i wanted to share with the community the work behind this character, her lore and how i choose the color palette for her!

Also as a plus i wanted to show the other designs that didn´t make it to the finals but i still love drawing them
    ::blackmage::

So how should i start?

Kaktiria was the second drawing i made for the contest, i started with the tank category but i was so nervous that i felt like i didn´t tried my best. That feeling overwhelmed me a lot, i guess that part of "this design will belong to GUMI and once i submit it´s their property (in-part) make me kind of nostalgic since I´ve been creating characters for a personal story for almost 5 years now ^^

Kaktiria was a little different from the actual design, she had her hair a little longer than how it looks now and the pose was very static. Then i realize that the fear was slowing and limitaing me, i got rid of that fear after a few days and said: "enough of this fear of creating, just do it as you always do when designing character" (not with that dramatic words but you get it haha)
    ::toad::

So well after a lot of things the result of the initial pose was this:
    2019-10-08 (3).png

After that i shared the pose to some of my close friends and artist in order to see if there was a mistake in the proportions and that, and as always when you try a new pose there was many errors ^^°. Fortunatley the problems where the down part of the body so i modified during the drawing of the clothing. You can see how the legs changed in size and position here:
    ::doink::

2019-10-08 (4).png

Talking about the outfit i´m a huge fan of street clothing with a touch of futurism something like cyberpunk style combinated with Tron (talking about the neon on her design)

Colors:

Following the knowledge of my career in Industrial Design, it is an important part to choose the correct color combination for the products. That also applies to drawings as well, ( Note: there are two ways of combine: by Harmony or by Contrast.) ::boco::

So i made 3 options to decide and asked some people to tell me their opinion, in the end i didn´t get to the goal since they got basically tied. Then searching in pages of cloth combinations i found that Mint Green had a good combination with White, Red/Pink and Gold. and i said "oh si basically my color options get along together...let´s try and fuse it and it resulted on the color palette you already know; Neon Green is the base, Pink is a strong color so i just applied it in the hair, white is the neutral so it has to cover most of the draw, and a light golden has to be present but fragmented across the drawing in order to reduce the green weight.
    ::mog::
    2019-07-19 (1).png 2019-07-19.png 2019-07-19 (2).png

Then just a little black as a second neutral and there is Kaktiria!

2019-10-08 (5).png
    Also note that her hands and legs shine but have a design too, the problem here was that the reduced size that Gumi asked for make that the pixels difuminate a lot and also the transparent(white) background makes them shine even more but here you can check it in a close up

::bard::

2019-10-08 (7).png

And that´s basically a fast resume of the work itself

::cactuar::

LORE

Kaktiria was a little child that was abandoned by her family in the desert, with the only wish to get rid of her because of her careless control of magic. Fortunately for her, some Cactuars found her crying a few minutes later. At first they didn´t know what to do with her, they take her to their oasis to protect her, with the time they learned what dhe needed to stay alive. When she grew she started to learn about hunt, she saw how the cactuarse used their needles to survive against other monsters, she also learn that if the enemy is too strong: run as fast as you can.
    One day after a few years, a sandstorm appeared in the desert, stronger than any other one that they have experienced, in their hide they only could hear the roar of what it looked to be a giant monster.

The sound came closer and closer, and they started to hear monsters and other cactuars die, they take the desicion to take Kaktiria out of the desert by sacrificing themselves, one by one they started lefting behind the group until they made it. They retunr to fight but Kaktiria never saw them again, she waited days but nothing.

A man from the village found her after a few weeks, of course Kaktiria wasn´t able to comunicate since she only learned the sounds of the cactuars. Even so, they adopted her and teached how to use her magic and how to speak. with the time she was able to create needles from his magic and started to have conversation with the people at the village.

When she was already beatiful young lady, she heard from the people that an impressive sandstorm was approaching in the desert and a horrible shadow was hiding in it. After hearing that she just felt anger and also an amazing desire to avenge her "family" the people tried to stop her but it was futile, her final words after leaving the village was "this is a mission that destiny has planned for me" she used her needles to stop people from leaving the village and run to the desert.

What she found was a gigantic monster that had the cropses of the cactuars as trophys, that awaken a huge anger in Kaktiria and a lot of tears. with the will to avenge her family she fought against the beast. It was a long battle it almost looked like she could never win, until she saw the spirits of her cactuar group. Putting all her spirit in a more than thousands of Needles the beast wasn´t even able to get closer, so he ended dying because of the amazing number of magic needles. Unfortunatly the price to pay for her was her life, but she was happy till the end, he was able to meet again her family.

Now she is a vision that awaits for her next user that helps her protect others.

Kaktiria era una niña pequeña que fue abandonada por su familia en el desierto, con el único deseo de deshacerse de ella debido a su descuidado control de la magia. Afortunadamente para ella, algunos Cactuars la encontraron llorando unos minutos después. Al principio no sabían qué hacer con ella, la llevaron a su oasis para protegerla, con el tiempo aprendieron lo que necesitaba para mantenerse con vida. Cuando creció, comenzó a aprender sobre la caza, vio cómo los cactuarse usaban sus agujas para sobrevivir contra otros monstruos, también aprendió que si el enemigo es demasiado fuerte: corre tan rápido como puedas.
    Un día después de unos años, una tormenta de arena apareció en el desierto, más fuerte que cualquier otra que hayan experimentado, en su piel solo podían escuchar el rugido de lo que parecía ser un monstruo gigante.
    El sonido se acercaba cada vez más, y comenzaron a escuchar la muerte de monstruos y otros cactus, tomaron la decisión de sacar a Kaktiria del desierto sacrificándose, uno por uno, comenzaron a arrastrarse detrás del grupo hasta que lo lograron. Vuelven a pelear pero Kaktiria nunca los volvió a ver, esperó días pero nada.
    Un hombre del pueblo la encontró después de unas semanas, por supuesto, Kaktiria no pudo comunicarse ya que solo aprendió los sonidos de los cactuars. Aun así, la adoptaron y le enseñaron cómo usar su magia y cómo hablar. con el tiempo ella pudo crear agujas a partir de su magia y comenzó a conversar con la gente de la aldea.
    Cuando ya era una hermosa señorita, escuchó de la gente que se acercaba una impresionante tormenta de arena en el desierto y que una sombra horrible se ocultaba en ella. Después de escuchar que solo sentía enojo y también un increíble deseo de vengar a su "familia", la gente trató de detenerla, pero fue inútil, sus últimas palabras después de abandonar el pueblo fueron "esta es una misión que el destino ha planeado para mí". usó sus agujas para evitar que la gente saliera del pueblo y corriera hacia el desierto.
    Lo que encontró fue un monstruo gigantesco que tenía los cultivos de los cactus como trofeos, que despertó una gran ira en Kaktiria y muchas lágrimas. Con la voluntad de vengar a su familia, luchó contra la bestia. Fue una batalla larga que casi parecía que nunca podría ganar, hasta que vio los espíritus de su grupo de cactuar. Al poner todo su espíritu en más de miles de agujas, la bestia ni siquiera pudo acercarse, por lo que terminó muriendo debido a la increíble cantidad de agujas mágicas. Desafortunadamente, el precio a pagar por ella fue su vida, pero ella fue feliz hasta el final, él pudo reencontrarse con su familia.
    Ahora es una visión que espera a su próximo usuario que la ayude a proteger a los demás.

Kaktiria era uma criança abandonada por sua família no deserto, com o único desejo de se livrar dela por causa de seu controle descuidado da magia. Felizmente para ela, alguns cactuários a encontraram chorando alguns minutos depois. No começo, eles não sabiam o que fazer com ela, eles a levaram ao oásis para protegê-la, com o tempo que aprenderam o que ele precisava para se manter vivo. Quando ela cresceu, começou a aprender sobre a caça, viu como o cactuarse usava suas agulhas para sobreviver contra outros monstros, e também aprendeu que, se o inimigo é muito forte: corra o mais rápido que puder.
    Um dia depois de alguns anos, uma tempestade de areia apareceu no deserto, mais forte do que qualquer outra que eles experimentaram, em sua pele eles só podiam ouvir o rugido do que parecia ser um monstro gigante.
    O som se aproximava cada vez mais, e eles começaram a ouvir monstros e outros cactuares morrerem, eles tomavam a decisão de tirar Kaktiria do deserto, sacrificando-se, um a um, começaram a sair atrás do grupo até que o fizeram. Eles voltaram a lutar, mas Kaktiria nunca mais os viu, ela esperou dias, mas nada.
    Um homem da vila a encontrou depois de algumas semanas, é claro que Kaktiria não foi capaz de se comunicar, pois ela só aprendeu os sons dos cactos. Mesmo assim, eles a adotaram e ensinaram como usar sua mágica e como falar. Com o tempo, ela conseguiu criar agulhas a partir da magia dele e começou a conversar com as pessoas da vila.
    Quando ela já era linda jovem, ouviu do povo que uma impressionante tempestade de areia se aproximava no deserto e uma sombra horrível se escondia nela. Depois de ouvir que ela apenas sentiu raiva e também um desejo incrível de vingar sua "família", as pessoas tentaram detê-la, mas foi inútil. Suas palavras finais depois de deixar a vila foram "esta é uma missão que o destino planejou para mim". usou suas agulhas para impedir que as pessoas deixassem a vila e corressem para o deserto.
    O que ela encontrou foi um monstro gigantesco que teve as colheitas dos cactuários como troféus, que despertou uma enorme raiva em Kaktiria e muitas lágrimas. com a vontade de vingar sua família, ela lutou contra a fera. Foi uma longa batalha, quase parecia que ela nunca poderia vencer, até ver os espíritos de seu grupo cactuar. Colocando todo o espírito dela em mais de milhares de agulhas, a fera nem conseguiu se aproximar, então ele acabou morrendo por causa do incrível número de agulhas mágicas. Infelizmente, o preço a pagar por ela era sua vida, mas ela ficou feliz até o fim, ele pôde reencontrar sua família.
    Agora ela é uma visão que aguarda seu próximo usuário que a ajuda a proteger os outros.

FiveStarOTHER DESIGNSFiveStar

2019-10-08 (10).png

2019-10-08 (9).png

2019-10-08 (11).png

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    Ashlag, Fabell, Grinz and 13 others like this.
  2. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Riku, Tsukiko, Elena, SS Charlie, KM
    0x9F
    Pretty awesome, as I said before. Hope you win this one, I'm cheering for you!

As a side note, you might want to avoid changing the color of your text to black or other dark colors here on the forum. A lot of us use the "dark" theme, and it won't flip the text color if you've changed it from default. As a result, I'm seeing black text on a charcoal grey background.

Frosty Toast and Erick_Artxel like this.
  3. Erick_Artxel

Erick_Artxel New Member

Global ID:
    Thank you so much buddy thank you for the good vibes :D! And oh! i´m so sorry a didn´t knew that :eek:! is there a way to edit it? in order to change it? :S

4. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    It's neat to see how the art progresses to the final stage. Thank you for sharing and you have talent, keep it up!

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  5. Sefiros

Sefiros You can add me VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Bartz/Bonus/Circe/Charlotte/Esther
    As a retired designer I recommend using a water sign on your images with your original designs, it might happen that someone (not really from this forum but there are many lurkers and anyone can download a picture) will grab it and use it in a way you won't want or like it, just imagine someone posting your work with some minor changed details and calling it his own unit design... please be aware, its just my friendly advice.

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  6. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Sophia or event
    kind of like those several unit design entries that were kicked out because of them copying somebody else.

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  7. Erick_Artxel

Erick_Artxel New Member

Global ID:
    Thank you so much buddy i'm glad you liked it! And yeah, when you are on it, it looks like everything happens to fast but after analyzing the process someone can see a lot of thoughts that maybe in that moment didn't look so important and then you realize that it was an important part of the process :D

Oh Thanks! i'm aware of that, i usually do use a watermark which is my logo on my works but since the submit period has ended that means GUMI has some of the rights already of the creations finalist or not un which case someone copying these drawings is stealing GUMI but if i made some other fanarts i will definetly do it Thanks both of you! :D

Sefiros, Kaladin and Arkadi like this.
  8. Ashlag

Ashlag Not a ghost anymore. But spooky asf. Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Great shit, I swear
    I fixed the colors of the text, but for some reasons the English spoiler isn't working properly even after I recreated it several times. Anyway... It's still readable, I guess.

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  9. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Looks decent, probably be the next Elena replacement.

But am I the only one who noticed if you swap the K with a B in the name you get something that sounds just like "Bacteria"?

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  10. edude127

edude127 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    All families
    Gosh darn. That tank design looks freaking kick-ass ::rudecat7::

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  11. Erick_Artxel

Erick_Artxel New Member

Global ID:
    Oh thank you so much! and sorry u.u i will not mess it up again promise ^^°

LOL is this a reference for her debuffer job? haha xD and i don´t know if she can be a Elena replacement, but if it is it would be awesome :O it will depend on gumi i hope that if she wins they don´t screw her up ^^°

Oh Thanks bro! :D i guess the think i most like about him was the shield design, unfortunately he didn´t make it :(

12. Talien

Talien Element resistl0rd VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    130/200 all resist SS Charlotte
    Sorta, but more because I can see someone at gumpi saying "Tank? wut? Nah we're gonna make another DPS out of her."

Erick_Artxel likes this.
  13. Erick_Artxel

Erick_Artxel New Member

Global ID:
    Now that you say it like that, i´m more convinced that they will do it lol. It would be weird at this point on the game that a debuffer is completely based on debuffs ^^°