1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Kudos to this guy

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Shadowschild, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Shadowschild

Shadowschild Ascended Member

Player not only survived my assault, they countered and took a second beating like a champ.

Would love to undetstand how this is possible and build my own fortress of counters.

nox likes this.
  2. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    You can "easily" make any unit have 30k hp
    That plus the lb from AWOL, made them durable.

Nixilu likes this.
  3. Nixilu

Nixilu Ultimate Doll Collector VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    That and Esther's built in 40% counter...

Regalia and Shr like this.
  4. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 CG Caius Ballad, please! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    open
    change your team. Instead of having 2 groups of chainers, throw in 2 AOE finishers with double/triple case, they will do more damage.
    I use TDH Karten and Malphaisie for triple cast AR frames (if they spark chain, they kill everything with or without the finishers most of the time), Siegnacio for triple cast AOE finish (3996 Damage X 3), Ayaka for Odin back up kills, and whatever the weekly bonus unit is. Rarely do I go past turn 1.
    I dont have any of the 5* Units this time, but my old WoL has Blitzblade, so I make him TDH so he is yet another AOE finisher. (3996 damage) That right there is 12k hp gone with those 2 finishers if timed right, and my AR frame chainers are Non elemental so they are never resisted in damage.

5. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    depends on event and on request baybe
    People building counter teams are dicks and side stepped easily with evade wod/awol and p-cecil cover/mitigate

Nixilu and Regalia like this.
  6. Regalia

Regalia Professional Cat VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    ACloud, MI Lass, Kuja, Bonus
    I stopped after the first round. As I see it, the problem is twofold.
    1. Your first pair are trying to chain a double cast AR frame, which is notoriously tricky. You can see it breaking and getting 1's for most of it, greatly reducing your total damage.
    2. Your second pair did better... but were single cast, meaning that the MOST they could have done on their own was 8k total.
    There's a damage cap, set at 999 damage, modified by chain bonus. So, theoretical maximum of 3,996 that can be dealt in a single cast... unless the cast is back loaded, in which case it counts as two separate instances, and the cap is applied separately to each. Akstar's Absolute Mirror of Equity is one of them, and you can see it on his wiki page, where it says "7, 1" under # of hits. When they ban "multi-hit combos," this is what they're talking about.

So all in all, you did...14k damage. Maybe 6 for the double cast AR chains, and another 8 for the single cast EN chains. The MOST you could have dealt was... 24k.

See, the thing is, you can and will hit the damage cap with only 1k ATK or MAG, so having more than that is useless. As a result, most players end up building for HP and resists. Especially status resists, ailment spam is pretty toxic, and pretty easy to do. As a result, 20k HP, even on damage dealers, isn't all that uncommon. Esther is already tank AF, hitting 18K with an epeen build, so getting her into the mid 20k's while maintaining 1k ATK is no problem at all. The third unit to survive is AWoL and well... he's a tank. He hits 30k HP with ease. You dealt half that.

Personally, I use a trio of t-cast CWA chainers (having 3 of them actually makes it easier to chain, I find). That's a total of 9 casts, or 36k HP... which is more than even a tank can have. Moreover, some of those casts are "combo" casts, so I really get 48k damage, which is waaaaay overkill. Using mages also makes them a bit squishier, so that other people don't have as hard a time taking them down. You're welcome for that, by the way.

EchoEchoPotato, Masvroh and Shr like this.
  7. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Except Lilith, because Lilith counters are magic (literally) and cannot be evaded ;)

Wdiggums and Regalia like this.
  8. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    The most I think I could do on a tank is very close to that, around 35.6 k hp but it would be a weird build

Regalia likes this.
  9. Nixilu

Global ID:
    So the 65 spark chains they did were nothing? I have a bad understanding of chaining, etc., but always assumed when I see 50+ spark chains fly that good things would happen...

10. Nixilu

Global ID:
    The most I can get AWOL to is 30k hp... :(

Shr likes this.
  11. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hence meet mitigated 26000+ hp cover p-cecil ;-)

Shr likes this.
  12. Shr

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    The arena is slightly different because of the dmg cap
    The most I could do for AWOL would be around 33k hp but again, those builds are bad except for arena :D

Nixilu likes this.
  13. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Morgana :
    LMAO
    ::rudecat12::

Seriously, evoke attacks don't trigger passive cover and counters, render A. Rain and Lilith useless.

Wdiggums likes this.
  14. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Mitigation takes place before the cap, and is therefore useless.

Not really. Two chainers, each casts a single move.

999 cap * 3.69 AVG chain mod * 2 casters * 1 cast = ‭7,372.62‬ damage.

The extra 6 hits came from Auron's LB, probably. Wasn't paying much attention. But they were in the front of the chain, so they barely picked up any damage... 6/22 hits.. maybe an extra couple hundred there? Maybe a few hundred more on the LB chains? Hell, let's be generous and double Auron's damage.

7,372.62‬ from Hyoh + AKRain
    5k-ish it looked like from AKstar + whoever (too lazy to look)
    2K from Auron.

So about 14-15k total.

Hmmmmm.......::kefka::::kefka::::kefka::

Wdiggums likes this.
  15. Nixilu

Global ID:
    I no longer feel happy when I see 99 spark chains......

Shr likes this.
  16. Regalia

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    The cap is only in the arena, so it's still good in the rest of the game.

Shr likes this.
  17. Nixilu

Global ID:
    I know...I only see those spark chains fly in the arena...::rudecat4::::rudecat4::::rudecat4::

Shr and Regalia like this.
  18. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Already had three of em go at cecil and he stood tall ;-) this wasn’t hypothetical it’s already happened

19. Wdiggums

Wdiggums VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Hmmmm maybe I should make that second morgana 7* have one with stmr and 3 awaiting a fourth xD

Masvroh and Nixilu like this.
  20. Kaladin

Kaladin "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    My arena team is 3x Trance Terra + MW Terra and an Ayaka to cure stuff if necessary.
    I don't care if other people beat them or not cause it doesn't affect me one bit. I built them to survive a turn of damage from the AI. After that, I can OTKO every team I have come across so far... I chain 2x Terras and if a tank covers (or survives), then the other 2 chain. ::up::

But that's only if I need to win in the arena for a daily mission. If i'm just running through quickly, I have an auto-suicide unit to quickly get the arena rewards. :-P