1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Kuuro's Weekly Anime/Manga Recommendations and Discussion! Spring 2019 seasonal review edition!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kuuro, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Kuuro

Kuuro Weeb King VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno/KH Seph
    ::blackmage::Welcome back to Kuuro's Weekly Anime/Manga Recommendations and Discussion! This week ill be going over the anime I've seen during the spring 2019 anime season and give my thoughts on them! Remember these are only the ones i had time to watch this season and does not include all anime that aired during spring 2019. Also sorry about taking so long to get this out, i write these on my free time and i haven't had much recently. Also remember that these are just my quick thoughts about each series and isn't a full review.::blackmage::

Name: One Punch Man Season 2

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Comedy, Parody, Super Power, Supernatural, Seinen

Number of episodes: 12

Synopsis: The second season of One Punch Man.

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/34134/One_Punch_Man_2nd_Season

Personal Opinions: I loved the first season but something about this season just felt very lack luster which was most likely due to the change in studio. The animation and fight scenes just didn't look as good as the first season. Hell even the manga did the fight scenes better. Overall it was still enjoyable but in my opinion its probably better to read the manga than watch this season since the manga is drawn incredibly well.

Personal Rating: 7.5/10

Favorite Opening:

::cactuar::

Name: Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2

Genre: Action, Military, Mystery, Super Power, Drama, Fantasy, Shounen

Number of episodes: 10

Synopsis: The second part of the third season of Shingeki no Kyojin.

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38524/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_Season_3_Part_2

Personal Opinions: Love it or hate it AoT is back and better than ever. AoT season 3 is the best its ever been with part 1 being a bit better than part 2. I was honestly surprised at how fantastic this season has been and all the awesome things that have happened including some great character development for our main cast. Overall a great season.

Personal Rating: 9/10

Favorite Opening:

Name: Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Genre: Action, Demons, Historical, Shounen, Supernatural

Number of episodes: 26 (ongoing)

Synopsis: Since ancient times, rumors have abounded of man-eating demons lurking in the woods. Because of this, the local townsfolk never venture outside at night. Legend has it that a demon slayer also roams the night, hunting down these bloodthirsty demons. For young Tanjirou, these rumors will soon to become his harsh reality...

Ever since the death of his father, Tanjirou has taken it upon himself to support his family. Although their lives may be hardened by tragedy, they've found happiness. But that ephemeral warmth is shattered one day when Tanjirou finds his family slaughtered and the lone survivor, his sister Nezuko, turned into a demon. To his surprise, however, Nezuko still shows signs of human emotion and thought...

Thus begins Tanjirou's quest to fight demons and turn his sister human again.

(Source: VIZ Media)

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38000/Kimetsu_no_Yaiba

Personal Opinions: As soon as i saw that this series was gonna be done by uFotable i knew it was gonna be good. uFotable has some of the smoothest and best fight animation which match Demon Slayer's theme so well. If you like action and shounen your gonna love this. I can't talk too much of it without giving too much of the plot away but its definitely worth a watch.

Personal Rating: 9.5/10

Favorite Opening:

Name: Wise Man's Grandchild

Genre: Action, Comedy, Magic, Romance, Fantasy

Synopsis: In the kingdom of Earlshide, Merlin Walford was once regarded as a national hero, hailed for both his power and achievements. Preferring a quiet life however, he secludes himself deep in the rural woods, dedicating his time to raising an orphan that he saved. This orphan is Shin, a normal salaryman in modern-day Japan who was reincarnated into Merlin's world while still retaining his past memories. As the years pass, Shin displays unparalleled talent in both magic casting and martial arts, much to Merlin's constant amazement.

On his 15th birthday however, it becomes apparent that Shin only developed his combat skills and nothing else, leaving him with blatant social awkwardness, a lack of common sense, and a middling sense of responsibility. As a result, Shin enrolls in the kingdom's Magic Academy to hone his skills and mature among other teenagers. However, living a normal life is impossible, as he is established as a local celebrity almost as soon as he arrives.

Kenja no Mago follows Shin Walford's high school life in the capital as he makes new friends, learns about the world, and fights off the various forces of evil surrounding him and his city.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/36407/Kenja_no_Mago

Personal Opinions: I went into this knowing that it was gonna be a super generic isekai based off a light novel and i set my expectations very low. It turned out to be exactly what i expected but it was still somewhat enjoyable. Definitely a skip unless you're isekai trash like me.

Personal Rating: 6/10

Favorite Opening:

Name: Isekai Quartet

Genre: Comedy, Parody, Fantasy

Synopsis: A mysterious switch appeared one day. Upon pressing it, they were sent to a different alternative world!! There are also characters from other alternative worlds gathered together...!?

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38472/Isekai_Quartet

Personal Opinions: I only recommend watching this if you've seen Re:Zero, Konosuba, Overlord and Youjo Senki since a lot of the jokes revolve around their shows and things that have happened to them in their own respective shows. Overall i really enjoyed this one since its an isekai fans wet dream. Never in my life would i have thought i'd see Subaru and Kazuma interact with each other. If you like any of the characters or shows in Isekai Quartet i recommend watching it since its also hilarious.

Personal Rating: 9.5/10

Favorite Opening:

Name: The Helpful Fox Senko-san

Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy, Supernatural, Romance

Synopsis: The everyday life of Nakano, a salaryman working for an exploitative company, is suddenly intruded upon by the fox, Senko-san (800-year-old little girl). Whether it be cooking, cleaning, or special service(?)... she'll heal his exhaustion with her tender "care."

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38759/Sewayaki_Kitsune_no_Senko-san

Personal Opinions: There really isn't too much to say about this one, if your a fan of slice of life anime and just want something to watch that'll make you feel good and jealous i'd give it a shot.

Personal Rating: 8.5/10

Favorite Opening: https://youtu.be/Ao825gdccxw

Name: Bungo Stray Dogs Season 3

Genre: Action, Mystery, Super Power, Supernatural, Seinen

Synopsis: Third season of Bungou Stray Dogs.

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/38003/Bungou_Stray_Dogs_3rd_Season

Personal Opinions: Stray Dogs is back for another great season with an amazing opening. Personally i think season 2 was a bit better but overall this season was pretty awesome. If you haven checked out Stray Dogs i recommend watching it, its criminally underrated.

Favorite Opening: https://youtu.be/ljRdc1IIpgI

Name: The Rising of the Shield Hero

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Fantasy

Number of episodes: 25

Synopsis: The Four Cardinal Heroes are a group of ordinary men from modern-day Japan summoned to the kingdom of Melromarc to become its saviors. Melromarc is a country plagued by the Waves of Catastrophe that have repeatedly ravaged the land and brought disaster to its citizens for centuries. The four heroes are respectively bestowed a sword, spear, bow, and shield to vanquish these Waves. Naofumi Iwatani, an otaku, becomes cursed with the fate of being the "Shield Hero." Armed with only a measly shield, Naofumi is belittled and ridiculed by his fellow heroes and the kingdom's people due to his weak offensive capabilities and lackluster personality.

When the heroes are provided with resources and comrades to train with, Naofumi sets out with the only person willing to train alongside him, Malty Melromarc. He is soon betrayed by her, however, and becomes falsely accused of taking advantage of her. Naofumi then becomes heavily discriminated against and hated by the people of Melromarc for something he didn't do. With a raging storm of hurt and mistrust in his heart, Naofumi begins his journey of strengthening himself and his reputation. Further along however, the difficulty of being on his own sets in, so Naofumi buys a demi-human slave on the verge of death named Raphtalia to accompany him on his travels.

As the Waves approach the kingdom, Naofumi and Raphtalia must fight for the survival of the kingdom and protect the people of Melromarc from their ill-fated future.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/35790/Tate_no_Yuusha_no_Nariagari

Personal Opinions: As a fan of the manga and being general isekai trash i was excited for this adaptation and overall it turned out to be a pretty good adaptation. I was initially drawn to this series because it shook up the general isekai troupe which i found quite interesting. Definitely a must watch if your interested in a zero to hero show and raccoon girls.

Personal Rating: 8.5/10

Favorite Opening: https://youtu.be/HutPrLMPWw0

Name: Dororo (2019)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Historical, Demons, Supernatural, Samurai, Shounen

Number of episodes: 24

Synopsis: The greedy samurai lord Daigo Kagemitsu’s land is dying, and he would do anything for power, even renounce Buddha and make a pact with demons. His prayers are answered by 12 demons who grant him the power he desires by aiding his prefecture's growth, but at a price. When Kagemitsu's first son is born, the boy has no limbs, no nose, no eyes, no ears, nor even skin—yet still, he lives.

This child is disposed of in a river and forgotten. But as luck would have it, he is saved by a medicine man who provides him with prosthetics and weapons, allowing for him to survive and fend for himself. The boy lives and grows, and although he cannot see, hear, or feel anything, he must defeat the demons that took him as sacrifice. With the death of each one, he regains a part of himself that is rightfully his. For many years he wanders alone, until one day an orphan boy, Dororo, befriends him. The unlikely pair of castaways now fight for their survival and humanity in an unforgiving, demon-infested world.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

Link: https://myanimelist.net/anime/37520/Dororo

Personal Opinions: I went into this with no idea what to expect, what i was greeted with was an amazing story of a boy trying to get back what he lost. The show starts off strong but slows down mid way through and picks back up near the end. The only negatives i had about this one was that Dororo was really annoying at times, but aside from that the fights were amazing, especially the sword fights. Definitely a must watch.

Favorite Opening: https://youtu.be/6okszfPBpTI

Thanks for reading!

Shigure, Reiswind, Jman1115 and 2 others like this.
  2. RAO0823

RAO0823 Well-Known Member

Leads:
    A2, Cilka, Malph, NG Jake, Charlotte
    I didnt know bungo stray dogs got season 3
    Loved the first two seasons and hopefully the third one will be good

Kuuro likes this.
  3. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    It is pretty good, highly recommended, however, my god the lighting guy is super annoying.
    Even the animation is generic in this trash, yuck
    This is actually good and I really like the first op however part of me hates it too, can't explain it
    The tiger thing puts me off although I also think is pretty good anime.

Kuuro likes this.
  4. Kuuro

Kuuro Weeb King VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Zeno/KH Seph
    Season 3 is great!

5. Reiswind

Reiswind Ascended Member

Dororo and demon slayer woooooooo

Kuuro likes this.