1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Last Cloudia - Brave Frontier/FFBE like game with solid community

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Novaultima, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    [​IMG]
    Just recently global released and a really great game like Another Eden, FFBE or Brave Frontier, with a different type of combat gameplay though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aidis.lastcloudiaen&hl=de
    https://apkpure.com/de/last-cloudia/com.aidis.lastcloudiaen
    https://www.reddit.com/r/lastcloudia/new/

Emotional story with great humor, great combat and really unique characters to gatcha. It has potential to become a popular game if they work at endgame, even though there is some unusual content of challenges already in the game.

Also you get quiet some heroes for free by actual event and story.

Very f2p friendly game, heroes from gatcha are hard to get though with 97% rate for Arks. The Arks are a very important key feature though and in exchange for that you get some heroes for free from story and event missions.

Great friend system almost identical to FFBE, usable and helpful in every type of content and a key feature.

Much activity already ingame, just doesn´t have a big forum like FFBE. The reddit is quiet active though, even though it can´t keep up with such as Epic 7 reddit, but barely anything is close to that community.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Fenix808 likes this.
  2. Fenix808

Fenix808 Mr. Aloha (^o^)/ VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    252 911 038
    Leads:
    Esther, Karten, WW Fina, Kryla, Rivera
    Game seems very intriguing. But, oh, boy, I should not be starting another one. I’ve already been itching to buy Borderlands 3 for the past couple of weeks...::down::

3. Clodia

Clodia Ultimate Cat Lady VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    737 523 579
    Leads:
    Grim Lord Sakura
  4. Manveru

Manveru "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    I saw the gameplay video and it felt like I was watching an old Tales series game. You have my interest.

5. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    Well... not exactly a Tales of. It´s a Grandia like combat and leveldesign, little modernized with an FFBE system. But the gatcha system is different and kinda unique. While units are a thing here as usual, Arks are the focus here actually. Arks are basically big materias with each having one passive which can be evolved and up to 6 abilities(active/passive) which have to be mastered at every hero.

Heroes(units) are unusual rare to get here, but they are extremely unique and every one plays different. You get free units thoug, from story and from event. The actual event gives Melza, a knight(tank) with heal+cleanse special which does damage, kinda strong for the start.

Anyway, the game is getting kinda popular right now, much activity and a fast rising reddit activity and most people really seem to love the game. There is rumors there is no real endgame though, but it´s the usual thing you hear from Epic7 or such too, because the endgame is unusual.

Last Cloudia is getting arena(pvp) soon though, atleast the section is there already, locked and saying coming soon.

The game really has diversity in playing the story though, having already a lot of funny optional challenges in the story and many hidden unlockables, imo it´s just awesome. Also it never feels too easy, it always encourages you to manual play at times or change tactics. You can play combat in many different way, btw. You can just let it auto and do some input at times, or you can play it with a tactical pause whenever you want by tapping on switch target and then you can order attack, skills or special on specific targets.

Also you will laugh your ass off in that game all day... there are so many great quests or hidden quests. it´s really a refreshing game from all that garbage currently available.

6. Nina

Nina Doom Train Insight Staff Member Moderator VIP Supporter Account Trade Moderator

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    CG Nina
    I tried it but quit short after the intro. Don't like double gacha and the combat system. Spamming the same three skills gets boring fast.

7. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    The game changes a lot later on, there are so many different spells(spells can be used any time, but you have to build units for high MP for it) and abilities which change the game a lot. Also i don´t like double gatcha too, but here you can get 100% unit tickets from a currency you get from doing crystal summons.

The rates are 3% units and 97% arks, just to let you know what a role arks play here^^

But if you want a spec unit you can just reroll for that, rerolling is kinda quick in Last Cloudia. Gorm is a very popular unit for example. Arks you get shaitload anyway, so if you just regulary do crystal summons, you will get SSR arks sooner or later it´s kinda fair. Strongest SSR arks you can utilize very late only anyway since SSR arks takes ages to master. For the start you have to concentrate on the every arks first 3 abilities, since upgrading costs a lot and there are some basics you need on every unit first like guard, enhanced guard in everyone, heal on some units and generelly you need a lot of MP on most units later on.

For the combat itself, there is more than just spaming skills though, you have to time things to get bosses faster in break status, there are summons(you get them later in the story) and there are many different types of equipment later in the game(from town shop, quest, trust master etc) with different effects like stun, aggro boost or many other things. The gameplay has a lot of diversity later on, it´s just unclear what is endgame here, since the game is very young.

Nina likes this.
  8. Manveru

Global ID:
    As opposed to doing most FFBE content with Repeat ;p

Skye likes this.
  9. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    It´s harder than FFBE though. You will get your ass wiped kinda often in the story, especially in those fights where boss battle is first part of the combat(usually it´s last part like in FFBE). Atleast if you play it only auto the whole time. The game encourages you to do some input here and there to not lose the fight. it´s no usual auto garbage, you really need some kinda of strategy here very early and knowledge about all battle mechanics. At some point you have to manually move your controlled unit too, which you can do in any mode, auto or manual, anytime anyway by just moving the attack button in a direction.

I played kinda far into the game now and enemies have a really strong AI compared to other gatcha RPGs. Often you see them trying to outkite you, which is kinda awesome imo but also can be a pain in the ass for players with other moods^^

Even though there are some mechanics to counter that, so... as i sayed the game has much diversity. Even hitboxes matter here, so some heroes hit with higher aoe(or have leap skills, more hits per autoattack etc) and can interrupt enemies easier - which leads to stoping them from outkiting you aswell.

But the ultimate power here are spells. So arks and getting high MP are very important in the game. Summons are also very strong here unlike FFBE even though they don´t make the game easymode they just give you an addition burst in break phase for example or help encountering mass of monsters, even though i don´t know what other summons can do, i got only one summon yet.

Breaks are also essential here, like in FFBE. But they work slightly different and you can get them on any unit you want via arks(like most abilities), there are also aoe breaks.

10. Manveru

Global ID:
    Holy shit this thing is incredible so far. BRB in a month with a review :D

11. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    im on this too

absolutely love the music

12. Wanderlai

Wanderlai Ascended Member

Leads:
    Kimono Fina
    Trying to get both ships on reroll is driving me crazy.

13. illy

illy no more udon VIP Supporter Arena Runner-Up S1

Global ID:
    upload_2019-10-24_14-27-12.png

::love::

Wanderlai likes this.
  14. Manveru

Global ID:
    I went lazymode and just settled for Legnis + another random SSR Ark. Got a third one shortly afterwards so I'm set.

Btw current banner has Lonvalion + best healer in the game so it's pretty good.

15. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    Reddit community for this game is quiet exploding currently, so check that out^^

I finished the story and doing some endgame stuff now, there is quiet a lot though the oppinions are quiet different if it´s easy or not. I think it´s because everyone is emulator macroing and if you are overleveled and such it´s obviously easy. But if you playing it completely free to play and legit, without getting banned in some months(or maybe in a year), even if you are fast, you are around level 30-40 with your main team after finishing the actual story and endgame content wrecks you easily on that level. You can only call it easy because most stuff can be continued limitless currently, even though there are some challenges i saw which can´t be continued(basically has that note on stage info).

Also, FFX like Bounty Hunts, I LIKE.

16. XIII

XIII Ascended Member

I am playing it for 3 days by now and it sure is a wonderful game with downsides obviously. One of those may be the grind. Anything in this game needs to be grinded for which is not THAT bad considering you are actually leveling your units by doing that (XP potions are there but very few except you're awhale) and you need to learn the skills from the arcs anyway. So grind and character progression are tied to each other to some extent. The energy system in this game does allow playing without any consumption whatsoever so one could grind all day long with no breaks. Music is kinda inspired by Nier, artwork is absolutely great and the challenging quests are actually challenging (except you are doing them months down the line). I for one am shafting FFBE for this game for now and perhaps entirely quiting, depending on the devs and how they will treat their customers. Hard to be as scumi as Gumi tho, so i have realistic hopes for it.

17. Novaultima

Novaultima VIP VIP

Global ID:
    441 833 663
    Leads:
    2B upgr nonelmt
    It´s not really more grind than FFBE actually, so nothing hurting really. It has a better energy system though.

If you play this game for some weeks/months and have high leveled mainteam so as many upgraded/eathered arks, everything becomes easier to level and master anyway.

Many people are macroing and exploiting currently though, could take some time but they propably will get cought by ban waves in some months, like in FFBE and Epic 7. Epic 7 even does this regulary now, but both took some time first to have their first actions against the botters/exploiters.

18. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    Please add me if you are playing this game:

ID: 180 859 283

I need forum friends!

I'm using Gorm as my support unit. He's awesome. He has a party-wide heal for his special ability, and also does decent damage against magic users (his regular ability, Trick Spear, is a very cool-looking AOE ability). I also have Leena. She does earth-based damage, can restore her own MP, and also can heal the party as well as regen them for her special, so let me know if you want her instead.

19. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    God help me I'm hopelessly addicted to this game!

As for the story, it's basically FFBE 2. The characters feel like descendents of the FFBE main cast. Lilebette is Jake and Lid's kid, Zekus is Nichol and Sakura's kid (now that she is no longer immortal and can age gracefully), and ...Kyle is Rain and Lasswell's kid (haters gonna hate).

I'm not that far in but there are sooo many plot points ripped straight out of the FFBE playbook. It's awesome!

20. darklady91a

darklady91a Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sieghard,Myra,Zeno and Sylvie
    Well also playing this game recently and already myself i got some good units and arks, today dropped on me Prince Gorm :

[​IMG]