1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Lightning Tyrant team comp suggestions

Discussion in 'Arena & Quests' started by Fabell, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Fabell

Fabell "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Elena,Sylvie,Zeno,SS Charlotte,Olberic
    Hi all, I've been looking through the wiki Youtube guides and can't find a single clear with units I possess.

Sinzar: Kryla, Folka, Ignis, Sieghard, Mastermind Xon, Friend: Agent Olive
    Odiril Smallfish: Kryla,Myra,Sylvie, Sacred Shield Charlotte, Agent Olive, Friend : Agent Olive
    [FR]ReiAyanamiTV : Kryla,Warrior of Light Lenna,Sieghard, Sacred Shield Charlotte, Karten, Friend: Karten
    RR: Summer Fina & Lid, Sacred Shield Charlotte, Lotus Mage Fina, Doctor Aiden, Aldore King Rain, Own: Mastermind Xon
    Neptunesman: Rivera , Kryla, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Sylvie, Aurora Fryevia, Friend: Aurora Fryevia
    Alkatrev: Regina , Zargabaath, Maritime Strategist Nichol, A.I. Katy, Adventurer Locke, Emperor
    GonzytheMage: Summer Fina & Lid, Sacred Shield Charlotte, Ignis, Folka, Aurora Fryevia, Friend: Aurora Fryevia
    RemindMeToCheck: Zargabaath
    KiwiAibo: Kryla, Lunafreya, Sacred Shield Charlotte, Doctor Aiden, Crown Prince Noctis, Friend: Crown Prince Noctis
    Tide(Nicaveli): Ignacio, Lilith, Sylvie, King Edgar of Figaro, Monk Sabin of Kolts, Friend: Monk Sabin of Kolts
    SinB: Warrior of Light Lenna, Lunafreya, Lucas, King Edgar of Figaro, Crown Prince Noctis, Friend: Crown Prince Noctis
    SinB: Warrior of Light Lenna, Lunafreya, Lucas, King Edgar of Figaro, Karten, Friend: Karten
    Jason Gaming: Sacred Shield Charlotte, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Warrior of Light Lenna, Sylvie, Aldore King Rain Friend:Aldore King Rain
    Daigono TV: Sacred Shield Charlotte, Lunafreya, Warrior of Light Lenna, Summer Fina & Lid, Elena Friend:Elena
    Edward Thatch: Sacred Shield Charlotte, 2B, Levinson, Ignis, Serena, friend Levinson
    Daigono TV: Sacred Shield Charlotte, Lunafreya, Warrior of Light Lenna, Summer Fina & Lid, Elena Friend:Elena
    Beautiful Cult of Sieghard: Beryl, Sylvie, Lunafreya, Maritime Strategist Nichol, Eleven, friend Eleven

Does anyone have a simple clear for this fight with older units? I have "most" of the older units, some of the recent units, and practically none of the new units.

Or can someone help me with ideas of what units to substitute for the missing units in the clears above?

My 7* units:
    A.I. Katy
    Basch
    Mercenary Ramza
    Olberic
    Marquis de Leon
    Viktor Marchenko
    Elfreeda
    Sacred Shield Charlotte
    White Knight Noel
    Awakened Rain
    Myra
    Lotus Mage Fina
    Folka
    Aerith
    Rem
    Ayaka
    Yuna
    Lovely Katy
    Rena
    Lila
    Bai Hu & Zhu Que
    Zeno
    Godrea
    Holy Night Amelia & Emilia
    Prompto
    Karten
    Onion Knight
    Lightning
    Akstar
    Lucius
    Fei
    Flammie
    A2
    Queen
    Yun
    Hyoh
    Machina
    Nagi
    Fayt
    Raegen
    Jecht
    Immortal Knight Garland
    Ellesperis
    Fohlen
    Gentiana
    Circe
    Lunera
    Lulu
    Seabreeze Dark Fina
    Elly
    Morgana
    Primrose
    Trance Terra
    Christine
    Grim Lord Sakura
    Barbariccia
    Immortal Flame Katy
    Popstar Katy
    Pure Summoner Rydia
    Mordegon
    High Seraph Ultima
    Veritas of the Dark
    Cloud
    Beatrix
    Squall
    Dark Knight Cecil
    Prishe
    Veritas of the Flame
    Noctis

Adam Jensen
    Balthier
    Shadow Lord
    Vincent
    Nameless Gunner Jake
    Dragonlord
    Emperor
    Ace
    Blossom Sage Sakura
    Citra
    Elena
    Rab
    Karlette
    Fryevia
    Nagi
    Kunshira
    Vertias of the Light

Yuraisha
    Sylvie
    Ramza
    Zargabaath
    Ignis
    Roy
    Marie
    Aileen
    Summer Fina & Lid
    Delita
    2B
    Mastermind Xon
    Kryla

2. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Get a friend Karten and OHKO the last boss. You just need a matching imbue and 100% imperil for that imbue.

It might be a bit slow on the first fight, but the fight itself is not threathening. The second fight is easy, just keep the Frenezeid Rampage for after the first threshold.

Other than that, just the generic survival team (mag tanker, provoker, breaker, buffer, healer)

3. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    As for team, I agree with @victor sant. In my case, I use Charlotte, A.WoL, Kryla, and Folka. A.WoL is pretty much there for auto-provoke and phy mitigation. I think other provoker should work too. If you don't one-shot the last wave, consider some sort of elemental coverage to seal (deal dmg matching their self-inflicted imperil) the crystals too. Fire/Dark resistance for the entire team may help with surviving the first two waves, if needed. Mag tank, depending on his/her bulk, may need Lightning resistance on top too.

Also, feel free to judge me if you want to borrow Karten, Godrea, Lucius, or Christine. I have Godrea up at the moment.

Skye likes this.
  4. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    Edward, XuanWu, Kryla, Physalis
    Don't worry, Karten obliterates the last wave as long you have high imperil. My friend Karten wasn't even using proper killers (he was with titan) and still overkilled it by a lot.

aa25 likes this.
  5. Darx

Darx Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    I used a team like that:
    Lucas a magical tank: can be replaced by AI Katy or Ss Charlotte...
    Galuf evade provoke: he's literraly just stand there.. you can replace him with anyone with passive provoke and 100% evade.
    Lenna healer: can be folka or myra
    6* Locke as breaker: he's the MVP, he provides mirage and break every turn. The 1st and 2nd boss do aoe physical dmg which cant be covered so aoe mirage work great. But the 1st one can do multiple aoe in one turn (randomly) so you might get a few wipe. To avoid that you should kill the 1st one asap. He's weak to fire so you will want to have fire chainer.
    Chainers: I use Levinson and friend Levinson with demon killer. They kill the 1st and 2nd boss and lay death at the 3rd. You can use pretty much any one, the higher dmg the better.

6. UnAbleToChain

UnAbleToChain "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    178 283 744
    Japan ID:
    503 647 451
    Leads:
    Esther Sylvie
    The last stage is the easiest among all.

Magic tank : cover
    Healer : reraise magic tank and curaja
    Buffer : general mitigation
    Breaker : even a 45% breaker can do the job.
    Dps : afk / guard
    Dps : afk / guard

Press REPEAT 9 times and mission accomplished.

1. Get a healer that can recover mp (folka)
    2. Get a buffer that can recover mp (sylvie)

My team

Sscharlotte. High spr/hp/elemental resist
    Lenna. Standard healer
    Sylvie. Autovoke + 100%evasion
    MSN. General mitigation on the first turn and mp regen
    2 Agent olive as dps.

7. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Edel, MWTerra, Rab
    I used WKN / Kryla / WOLenna / Ignis / 2 chainers (did it with Lightning and Rab).

From your units I would use:
    WKN / Charlotte (as you prefer)
    Kryla (auto-provoke full-evade if you can)
    any Healer you like
    Ignis
    2x Rab (you can try mine, he happens to be set for this trial)

8. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'm still having a lot of trouble with it.

I swapped out an innate provoke Olberic for Rivera, am using Karten with demon killers.

So my current lineup is:

Karten (demon killers, around 2.7k ATK)
    Olberic (100% evade and provoke) - he's there to take in the hits and build up Karten's chain
    Sylvie - there for mitigations, I guess?
    Sacred Shield Charlotte - for elemental cover (so far so good)
    Lotus Mage Fina - general healing and reraises

I can use either a friend Karten or another personal AR chainer, but I'm still doing barely any damage. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I can sub Kryla back in for Olberic, as she has that nifty imperil and breaking power.

I could level up Ignis (he's 7*, just not 120) so he could provide mitigation and imbue.

I have a Rab. I've sent you a friend request, but you are currently at capacity. Let me know if you free up a slot, and I'll put up my own Rab for you to use at your convenience.

9. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I was full, made room and sent you an invitation. Rab is better for stage one, however a bit worse for stages 2&3 (though stage 3 can be cheesed making it completely unlosable with the right approach).

10. Darx

Darx Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    The most dangerous one is the 1st one thou. He's weak to fire so just use a fire chainer with strong imperil and kill him asap.

Skye likes this.
  11. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    The boss has pretty high elemental resistance (wave 1 has 0% on fire, but the rest are ~100%). Did you apply some strong imperil on it? Kryla's 75% imperil my not be strong enough. Don't forget about dual-element business as well (which is usuallyaa bad idea especially a case like this).

Edit: What element are you going for? I may be able to gear my Karten to match yours. Non-elemental is an option too.

12. Sagranth

Sagranth "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Madam,Event,Cecil,Galuf etc
    Depending on gear,a hyou could work with a friend Rain. The bosses are paper af.

13. The Flash

The Flash Ascended Member

Basically kryla and karten cheese the whole trial

14. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    What I needed to clear the trial:
    Phase 1: high DEF, so harder with physical damage. Hybrid / magic damage works, but magic is not recommended because of phase 2. You need to break the boss, and either use fire damage, or imperil the boss. Non-elemental is harder due to high non-elemental damage resistance. Everybody should be immune to confusion, or use confusion resistance buff. The boss uses magic (dark and non-elemental) aoe and st magic/physical. The boss does two annoying things randomly: self-buff (atk/mag, def/spr or elemental resists), and can use physical AoE. The problem with this is that it's RNG, you can have him buff his ATK+MAG and then do three physical AoEs, which wipes any team, especially since his AoE physical ignores cover.

Hence the magic tank + auto-provoke evade Kryla approach. Kryla is also good because she can take care of dispeling the boss, rebreaking as well as imperils.

Ignis is good because he offers 50% general mitigation without needing his LB. He can also imbue Fire which helps in phase 1. He has Disease resistance which will be important for the transition between phase 2/3.

Healers all work well, or you can use a support instead, Rivera is particularly nice because she lets you use AoE mirage, which negates the first AoE physical, possibly saving your team if the boss used offensive buffs.

Hybrid attackers work best for phase 1, especially if you can use good Fire-based attacks.

At the end of the phase the boss drains all your MP.

Phase 2: high SPR, so easier with physical, hybrid still works. You need to hit the boss with two different elements each turn to "seal" it, otherwise it dispels itself. There are HP locks but the boss is similar to the first phase, except it uses Fire magic attacks and is weaker to wind.

Importantly at the end of the phase the boss debuffs your Disease resistance and inflicts disease, you must prevent this (have no living characters without Disease immunity and resist buff) because phase 3 is pretty much unwinnable if any unit has Disease at the start.

Phase 3 is quite weak, but the red sigils use an AoE magic attack that will kill your party or at least your mag tank. So either you need reraise and just let your tank die each turn, or you need to be able to deal elemental damage in a flexible way, as each sigil will have a random elemental weakness each turn, if you can hit it with that element, it transforms into the less dangerous blue sigil for a turn.

If you leave the red sigils unsealed, the boss will kill itself of boredom after a few turns.

15. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Welp.

The closest I got was 26% and then I wiped.

I'm pretty sure I just don't have the necessary resistance gear or I'm doing something wrong in how I'm building these units.

I got Phase 1 down to 26% with Karten and a friend Karten. I enhanced Ignis so he could use double enhancement. My biggest problem was Lotus Mage Fina just wasn't able to keep up with the damage, her buffs were too weak, and she kept dying herself. Olberic did fine. He was my primary breaker (Cross Strike+, while not the best, it did give him something to do). Both Kartens chipped away at the boss's health, but they were in no way overpowering. Ignis imbued the Kartens with fire (after being enhanced himself, he could keep up double enhancement pretty much 100% of the time), but I'm pretty sure I wasted Frenzied Rampage by using it on the first turn instead of waiting until the boss's HP was lower.

I can see using Kryla instead of Olberic. I can't gear Kryla for 100% evade and 100% provoke though. I'm missing the necessary gear for that build. Closest I got with her was 100% evade and 70% auto-provoke, and that didn't work for me.

For those of you who are saying this is a super easy fight, it super easily is not a super easy fight. It's actually a really tough fight. Seems doable, but I need a lot more shadow resist gear/accessories/materia (getting clobbered by those), and I seem to be missing a few key pieces to actually make it work.

16. Darx

Darx Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Phase 1 is the hardest part of this fight. He randomly hit you with 2 or 3 aoe physical non-elemental hits which ignore cover and he hits after apply his 200% attack buff so unless your team are all 100% evade, you will die. Because it random so you will have to kill him very quick to avoid that. He has high def and elemental resist except fire. So a hybrid dmg dealer or a very strong def break and fire element imbue/imperil will be very helpful. You still may be wiped a few times thou because of bad luck :D

17. UnAbleToChain

UnAbleToChain "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    178 283 744
    Japan ID:
    503 647 451
    Leads:
    Esther Sylvie

This is what I usually do:

1. Test my damage dealt on the boss on the Burst-turn with my dps. If my dps cannot do >50% HP during the burst turn, get a better geared friend or use another dps.

2. If you dps can do >50% HP of the boss during his burst turn, try to adjust your rotation and do not cross the 50% HP threshold before your burst turn. Let say your dps is doing burst turn on turn3, try to get the boss HP as close to 50+% as possible on turn 2. Crossing threshold might disrupt your dps output.

For my fail run, the boss HP(turn) using my own dps is 100%(initial) > 98%(end of 1st turn) > 95%(end of 2nd turn) > 40% (end of 3rd turn) and I will end up wipe.
    I soft reset and rerun using the same friend with different (delay) rotation, the boss HP(turn) is now 100%(initial)> 98%(end of 1st turn) > 88%(end of 2nd turn) > 60%(end of 3rd turn) > 0% (end of 4th turn). This route is safer and usually the boss will not wipe my team.

following the rotation on your dps is dangerous. Cause usually our dps is not godly enough to take down the boss on turn3. (unless you're a superwhale, then the story should end on turn2, or turn1)

Screenshot_20200107-012409.jpg Screenshot_20200107-013814.jpg

18. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    You have Rivera, right? Why not go with the Evade Kryla, ignore the Auto-provoke part, and use Rivera's external provoke.

Cross-strike is a 50% break. Kryla can maintain 75% breaks. The reduction of the damage you suffer will be huge. I mean even though the boss has stat passives you'll take about half damage. Don't underestimate the vital importance of good breaks!

19. Fabell

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I replaced Olberic with Kryla, replaced LM Fina with Rivera, and went through the same process again. It appears though, that Kryla can't break the boss's DEF or SPR. So when I use Kartens Frenzied Rampage, they only do around 15% health to the boss. Any idea why this is happening?

20. Skye

Global ID:
    Leads:
    :eek:

You can for sure break the bosses DEF.

Note that the first boss has 80% (!) resistance to non-elemental damage, as well as 100% resistance to all elements except fire. Which is why it's important to use a good imperil and matching imbue, ideally Fire, but any other element can also work as long as the imperil is deep enough.

However the phase1 boss has much higher DEF than SPR, so if you use a physical damage dealer like Karten, you will take several turns to kill it. He can work, but it won't be as fast as you're normally used to.

This is why some players prefer hybrid damage dealers like A.Fryevia, Rab or even Elena.

Fabell likes this.