1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

List of future NV / keep your doubles or second STMR ?

Discussion in 'General' started by daima, Aug 9, 2020.

1. daima

daima "Hall of Fame" Member

For people that dont follow JP closely, here's a list of old units that get NV treatment :

These numbers are based on JP build, remember they can stack all materia on JP, it helps some TDH or LB units outperform what they could do in GL. The damage numbers comes from https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Lpvq7qUKdTnd-mgoXYifCeo34/edit#gid=1223124122 and each character is presented with name (average, burst) :
    • Aileen (186b, 437b) : earth finisher with 80% def break, 200% active machine and stone killer. She can also gives 30LB stones to the whole team without sacrificing herself. Already at the bottom of the tier list. Get one for DV. Her STMR seems more valuable than maxing her. GET ONE AT EX+1 THEN STMR
    • Balthier (173b, 238b) : lightning BS chainer or finisher. No utility and at the bottom of the tier list. His stmr is also not that useful as gun users max their attack easily. DO WHATEVER
    • Blossom Sage Sakura (161b, 254b) : lightning graviton cannon chainer or lightning finisher. At the bottom of the tier list. Her STMR seems more useful with high mag and lightning resistance. GET ONE AT EX+1 FOR DV PURPOSE (maybe) THEN STMR
    • Cloud (177b, 347b) : no utility, no need for his STMR and no great damage. Poor Cloud. DO WHATEVER
    • Dark Fina (143b , 195b) : earth and wind CWA chainer or dark finisher. At the bottom of the tier list. Yet she brings a 80% spr break if you dont wanna bring a dedicated breaker. GET ONE AT EX+1 FOR DV PURPOSE (maybe) THEN STMR
    • Dark Knight Leon (249b, 317b) : dark amoe chainer. Can buff dark resistance to 100% to all allies for 4 turns. Decent average damage. His stmr is also quite useless. DO WHATEVER
    • Emperor (261b, 395b) : Fire finisher with decent damage. His stmr is kinda outdated except for the fire resistance. GET ONE AT EX+1 FOR DV PURPOSE (maybe) THEN STMR
    • Nalu (313b , 435b) : lightning BS chainer or lightning LB finisher. Less burst than Tifa but great average damage. Her STMR is still useless. MAX HER (she'll take less space in your inventory)
    • Loren (310b, 413b) : great breaker and great wind/lightning SR damage. Her STMR is still bad so max her. MAX HER
    • Lotus Mage Fina : bad STMR.
    • Pyro Glacial Lasswell (280b , 623b) : Ice Amoe chainer and ice finisher with nice damage. Weak STMR. MAX HIM
    • RedXIII (206b, 390b) : a bit low damage but can spam 10 evade for himself each turn. Nice utility with 150% beast, demon, reaper active killer for your xon to share. His STMR is still good to this day but I think it's better to max RedXIII NV form before getting another STMR. MAX HIM
    • Sacred Shield Charlotte : still good STMR.
    • Summer Fina and Lid (153b, 265b) : 84% break, imperil for fire, ice, lightning, water and earth and some amoe water chaining + lb finishing when she's done breaking. Her damage is low in BS form and her STMR seems still very valuable. GET ONE AT EX+1 FOR DV PURPOSE THEN STMR
    • Summer Folka and Citra (154b, 185b) : Light CWA chaining with low damage. Some added utility with 90% light and water resistance with a 200% all stat buff. And she can cure all basic status ailments + stop + charm. Her STMR still seems more valuable than her NV form. STMR
    • Tifa (285b, 780b) : great burst damage and not locked to any element like riku and sora but useless STMR. Max her if she's as good as JP. MAX HER
    • Veritas of the dark (152b, 295b) : Dark SR Chainer with low damage. His STMR stills seems better than enhancing this guy. STMR
    We can safely assume with the new release of charlotte and LM Fina that all the main cast of S2 gonna get the NV treatment so keep them for now.

I dont play JP, i could be wrong on those units. Feel free to help me make it better.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
    pete146, fletcha, Polka! and 13 others like this.
  2. Arkadi

Arkadi Ludicrous Speed! VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Something relevant for current events
    Well, the only problem with this list is that it doesn't account for DV needing mages as ALL of your recommendations for mages were to STMR or whatever them (except maybe Emperor). So in that case, what mages are worth bothering? Looks like you would want all of them because they're element tied and DV's weak elements shift every time. Worse thing is that you won't have resources to max them all, so it's kind of pick and choose, probably based off whatever DV is being released and your units to pick from.

iBuko, Seven and EchoEchoPotato like this.
  3. EchoEchoPotato

EchoEchoPotato Ascended Member

Global ID:
    653 604 288
    Leads:
    Yoshikiri/Event/NVCloud/Tifa/Loren
    If anyone ever wonders where the "only the strongest units are worth a damn"-mentality starts, this, this right here, this is it.

Killer B33 and Skye like this.
  4. Skye

Skye "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Regina, Aerith, Edel
    DO WHATEVER

5. daima

Oh tell me what triggers you::salty::

6. EchoEchoPotato

Global ID:
    653 604 288
    Leads:
    Not triggered. If you read that in an aggitated voice, that says more about you being defensive than anything else.
    I just pointed out a fact. Lists like this, putting units in a painfully black and white context, are the source of this mentality. Thats all.

Step 1: Black and white list

Step 2: Forum regular reads list and sees a few valid points in the black and white spectrum

Step 3: Someone asks "What should I do with my spare Aileen?"

Step 4: Forum regular sees post, but can't be bothered writing up a longwinded explanation, so they shorthand it to "this unit sucks, only their stmr is worth anything"

Step 5: The meme spreads.

No trigger, just basic psychology on memes.

7. daima

This game is run by maths. Big numbers makes the game easier. It's not dark souls, you cant kill behemoth at lvl 1 cause you are good. It's simple as that.

And this list is just here as a friendly reminder what units could do in their NV form with a brief look at their new kit, their damage output and their STMR. And let's say Alim didnt use any creative idea to make most of them.

21er likes this.
  8. EchoEchoPotato

Global ID:
    653 604 288
    Leads:
    Okidoke. When a lightning-magic stage of DV rolls around, and you find it easier because you have Tifa, but got a second stmr from BS Sakura cause of her lower damage w/o taking things such as damage type into consideration, let me know will you?

Danziger likes this.
  9. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

I wish GUMI would change it to not penalize us for getting a second STMR. Make a STMRed unit worth twice as much.

10. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    kicking myself for grabbing a 2nd Nalu STMR before NV was a thing -_-

Polka! likes this.
  11. DarkCobra

DarkCobra King in the North Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Arena Runner Up S2 Arena Runner-Up S1

Well we couldn't haven known. I'm sure whales that summon a ton already have to sold off 5* units just to room.

12. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Yep
    Only reason I didn't do the same is because it sucks and I was just about to it anyways just for inventory space (notice 6* nalu)
    Screenshot_20200809-144544.jpg

Nixilu, Cylian, Sartre and 3 others like this.
  13. DarkCobra

Always love these whale flex! I wonder how many Ex + 3 can you have ready day one? lol

nox and Shr like this.
  14. victor sant

victor sant "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    437 540 226
    Leads:
    2Best, Ibara, Tifa, S.Elena
    Being honest, except for the units with utter trash STMR or STMR that you only need one copy, going for the STMR is not a big loss.

When we look between the difference from EX+1 and EX+2 it is like 20~30 more stats. Not a huge deal at all.

15. Sartre

Sartre Murder Bunny Enthusiast VIP Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Esther, Nanaki, Physalis, Moog
    S
    Thanks for putting this list together. It's nice just to have all the current units in one place. I'm personally going to save any dupes and NV ones that I can when they become available. None of their STMRs are so valuable that they change the game more than having an NV unit.

Looking at the numbers you've posted, all these units do st00pid amounts of damage in NV form, so it's silly not to NV them if/when you can. Compared to all non-NV units they are so beyond meta it's not even funny.

Cylian likes this.
  16. Ender7477

Ender7477 Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Japan ID:
    Unless you have 2 STMR 7* and another 5* you will just be an NV unit and not EX+1 (for Brave Shift) as you would be 25 shards short (though you might be able to get those easy enough from daily dungeon once we get it or login shards if given out in GL).

17. Shr

Shr Arena Grand Champion Arena Grand Champion Spooky Arena Runner Up S3 VIP Supporter Monthly Arena Champ S2 Monthly Arena Champ S1

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Yes
    Gunso
    Not as much as senturion, all those dailies 5* should give him a nice stash ::ink::

But as a reference, I have 319 7* already (and a bit under 300 stmrs) so I assume I should be fine even if I am not longer a whale ::joy::

Nixilu, AustinValentine, Skye and 2 others like this.
  18. DarkCobra

I thought you are a semi retired whale? Only put on the whale suit when you like a unit aka that Z girl lol.

On the flip side, I am not ready for any NV. But I did pull Zenaida on a daily on both my accounts on the same day at the same time. That was legit Senturion level. I'm glad I finally got to experience NV tier luck for once.

Cylian and Shr like this.
  19. Lukahn

Lukahn VIP VIP

I still haven't got her STMR #1 b/c it's so bad! ::rudecat15::

20. Matri

Matri "Hall of Fame" Member

Global ID:
    477 960 603
    Damn, I don't think I've EVER pulled a banner unit I wanted on a daily! -_-