1. Rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!. Our most recent update: here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Looking for team/resource management help

Discussion in 'Team Help' started by billrz, Jun 11, 2019.

1. billrz

billrz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Hello all,

I am looking for some advices on what my next steps/focuses should be given the information below. I took a few months break which missed a few limited time events/units and information, looking to get up to speed. My primary objectives from here on out would be 10 man Trials, 3* Espers, and finish the rest of the Chamber of Fallen. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I decided to go mostly F2P, and don't want to waste a bunch of resources without planning ahead like I had been doing for the most part (especially reading that there are some meta shifting units released/upcoming and 3rd Anniversary)

Question #1: who should I pull/uoc/target next to really round out my team?

Question #2: which TMRs should I target next going forward?

Information:
    Rank = 125
    Lapis available = 36K+
    Tickets: 3* = 30/ 4* = 10
    Trust Moogles = 500%+
    Gils = 6 mil
    UOC = 20?

Physical DPS:
    Zeno 7* (TMR x1)
    Akstar 7* (TMR x1)
    Hyoh 7* (TMR x1)
    Sephiroth 7* (TMR x2)
    Reagan 7* (TMR x1)

Magical DPS:
    Christine 7* (STMR'd)
    GLS 7* (TMR x1)
    TT 5* (only have 1)
    Freyevia 5* (3x available)

Healers:
    LM Fina 7* (TMR x1)
    Ayaka 7*
    Rem 7*

Tanks:
    Wilhelm 7* (TMR x1)
    Basch 7* (enhanced/TMR x1)
    A. Rain 6*
    Merc Ramza 6* (Have 2)

Supports/Breakers/Finishers:
    Zargabaath 7* (enhanced/100% evade available/TMR x1)
    MS Nichol 6* (only have 1)
    INichol
    CG Lid 5* (only have 1)
    Ramza 5* (only have 1)
    K Delita 5* (only have 1)
    Delita 5* (only have 1)
    Cloud 6* (only have 1, TMR x1)
    BS Sakura 7*
    Balthier 5* (have 2)
    Lunera 7* (STMR'd)
    Olive 7* (50% STMR)

Other 5* units:
    Aileen (have 3)
    AD Kain (have 1)
    Beatrix (have 1)
    Dark Fina (have 2)
    Duke (have 1)
    Elfreeda (have 2, TMR x2)
    E Shera (have 2)
    Jiraiya (have 3, TMR x1)
    Kunshira (have 1)
    Lighting 7* (STMR'd)
    Luneth (have 1)
    Mediena (have 1, TMR x1)
    Nalu (have 1)
    Nyx (have 1)
    Prishe (have 2, TMR x1)
    Shadow Lord (have 1)
    Tidus (have 1)
    Tifa (have 1)

Other TMRs
    Letters and Arms x1
    LS/Katana/Rod/Martial Art Mastery
    Hat/L Shield Arts
    Thirst for Survival x2
    Melody of Life x1
    Quick Assault x2
    Patriotic Recalls x1
    Flaming Blade Agni x2
    Hoemaru x1
    Aegis Shield x1
    Trick Hat x1
    Omnirod x1
    Excalibur x2
    Excalibur II x1
    Moogle Plushie x1

Trials completed:
    S1 - all completed
    S2 - I think up to Chapter 7?
    Fallen - Cleared thru Torturous Trio
    Arms - None
    3* Espers - Siren, Ifrit, Shiva, Golem, Ramuh
    Still have not attempted Bahamut yet

Thank you again for any suggestions!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. Regalia

Regalia Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    709 451 243
    Leads:
    Esther, Elly, Bart, 2B, KM units
    So on the UoC front...
    Okay, the only thing you really need is a breaker. Your tanks and healers are good, and Masochist Saint Nicky is good even at 6*. Zarg isn't so bad either, but needs enhancement. Your physical DPS is great, and your magic damage isn't bad either.

For breakers, I see two possibilities.
    You've got HT Lid, but you need to level her. She really needs to be able to hit her LB every two turns, though. Without a UoC, this will give you AoE 70% all breaks, and will go up to 79% with the UoC.
    You've also got Beatrix, and she can do well, but you need to enhance Climhazzard and Stock Break. Beatrix can do AoE 70% dual breaks, but it's a mutual powerup, where each dual break is stronger if it's used after the other, meaning that her turn 1 ATK/MAG break is going to be stuck at 55%. At 6*, she lacks the third move in the rotation, so she has to swap back and forth between those two moves.

The third option is to use one of them at 6* and wait until you pull an Auron or Fid, and then UoC a second.

As to TMRs, the only advice I have is to prioritize 5* units for moogles, with 7* units you intend to use getting top billing.

TheKillingJoke, billrz and Masvroh like this.
  3. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    You lack a 7* breaker. You probably want to,
    1) try your luck to get Summer Fina & Lid in current step-up banner. The banner will end in Friday.
    Or
    2) just UoC 2nd HT Lid.

Between HT Lid and Summer Fina/Lid (we called Fid), the former wins due to her sheer supports since she can grants imbue, elemental resistance, and a big side healing while HT Lid can only debuffs (though she does have a little supports).
    If you choose 1, worst scenario is you may don't get her at all but instead get Summer Citra & Folka. Summer Cilka is not a troll though so it's still a win-win. But depends on your luck, you may get two of Fid and thus saving your UoC.
    The 2nd option will save your Lapis. Though, the problem is HT Lid needs to use her LB every 2 turns to keep the debuffs every turns. Or else, it will be disaster. So auto-LB gears are required. Thankfully she will have a very good enhancement in the future so she can use on-demand 70% breaks. The breaks only single target however.

Other than that, you may want to upgrade your magic tank. We will get one, CG Charlotte soon in the future. So you may want to save your resources for her too.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  4. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    There a one typo with a huge misleading factor in the second paragraph there, my friend. (And another autocorrupt text, I believe).

billrz, Masvroh and Regalia like this.
  5. billrz

billrz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Thank you. I do realize that I needed a breaker, just didn't know who I should prioritize. I guess I will wait until 3rd Anniversary to see if I get lucky with a dupe before making any "major" depletion of lapis

Regalia likes this.
  6. billrz

billrz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Understanding both a breaker and a tank are both equally as important, given my team composition and current resources, would you rather pull on Fid's banner or wait for CG Charlotte's banner to pull?

7. billrz

billrz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Thank you! I did understand what he/she meant, but good looking out

8. aa25

aa25 VIP VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Lilith/Evt/Evt/Esther/Yuna
    Just to make sure we are on the same page, I am pretty sure @Masvroh meant to say Summer Fina & Lid (aka Fid) is more versatile than Heavenly Technician Lid.

billrz and Masvroh like this.
  9. Masvroh

Masvroh "an elder brother" VIP

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Hyoh, Lilith
    Hmm.... Have you cleared all the storyline? The storyline grants a lot of lapis. Depending on your story progress, you can decide what banner to pull. If you still haven't clear it yet and have a lot of dungeon left, guess trying the Summer banner is fine. At least save 25K lapis and 10 Select tickets to prepare for Charlotte.

10. billrz

billrz Ascended Member

Global ID:
    Yepper. I reviewed both character's kit, as much as I want Fid on my team, I think I will see what 3rd anniversary has in store for us