1. New rules regarding the forum and the chatbox can be found here!.
  2. Want more banners on your profile? You can achieve the Arena Runner Up and Monthly Arena Champ banner now in the Monthly Arena Contest! If you want to participate, click on the link here
  3. Be part of the campaign rinny launched, now hosted by Memel0rd, and earn a new banner on the forum, The Supporter Campaign! - Check out the thread for more details Here
  4. Interested or play the JP version of ffbe? Join the discussions in our JP section here!.
  5. We now have our own Discord Server up and running! For more information, go to the thread here!.

Made a cool Xon build for supporting you through Story Events (and other farming needs)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by AirJig, Apr 12, 2018.

1. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    A2, 2B, Orlandeu, Fry, Tidus, Aileen
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build turns Xon into an all-in-one support unit. It grants him damaging moves with all elemental types, boosts rare item drop rate, and allows him to heal status and use breaks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xon 6★ Right hand: Galkan Dagger HP+10%, ATK+40
    Left hand: Lumière ATK+62, MAG+67
    Head: Beatrix's Eyepatch ATK+15%, DEF+15
    Body: Butler's Uniform HP+10%, DEF+21, SPR+38
    Accessory 1: Rikku's Pouch DEF+3
    Accessory 2: Great Raven's Cape DEF+15, SPR+15
    Materia 1: Dual Wield
    Materia 2: Holy Blade
    Materia 3: Discernment
    Materia 4: Bushido - Freedom
    Esper: Fenrir HP+48, MP+30, ATK+55, DEF+25, MAG+55, SPR+25
    Total: HP:5536, MP:237, ATK:374, DEF:229, MAG:268, SPR:220

Elemental coverage:
    • Galkan Dagger: Earth

• Lumiere: Thundaga/Waterga/Aeroga/Firaga Blade

• Holy Blade (Materia): Light (obviously)

• Fenrir: Ice/Dark

• He gets +150% rare item drop rate with his innate 50% + 100% from Great Raven Cape, as well as 180% reduced chance to be targeted with his innate 80% + 100% from the cape.

• Galkan Dagger and Butler's Uniform give 10% HP each for a total of +20% HP. I chose Butler's Uniform instead of Tabby Suit because of the extra spirit, figuring he'll be hit with magic more than physical.

• He also has Discernment in order to be immune to all status effects so that he can act as a status healer with Rikku's Pouch. The Pouch also allows him to break as well as grant a 200% LB fill rate boost to your party.

• Finishing the kit off, we have Bushido Freedom just incase you need to AoE Dispel a group of enemies (or one enemy for that matter). It is a little costly considering he only has ~170MP without pots, but still worth it to have on him IMO.
    Let me know what you think! if you have any ideas to improve the build also let everyone know down below.

The stats shown are with full pots, so results may vary in that regard.

Edit: Rikku's Pouch can be substituted for a Pod 153 in order to get chaining capabilities, damage mitigation, regen, and a +100% boost for Common Item drops if you aren't using Pods elsewhere. This setup works best if you have 3 pods, if you only have 2 I'd recommend using them on units with higher ATK.

Edit: Team Setup: 2x Lara Croft w/ Pod 153s, 2x Xon (this setup and a full evade proker setup), TDH FD ExAileen.
    This team has (if drop rate items stack which i'm not sure) a total of:
    Common Item Drop Rate +250%, up to [300%]*
    Rare Item Drop Rate +300%
    Gil +300%, up to [400%]*
    - [With Friend ExAileen]*

Edit: You could also replace ExAileen with a 3rd Xon and put a TDH FD setup on him as well for an extra +50% rare item drop rate boost if you prefer that over ExAileen's boosts.

Edit: Chow can be a great friend unit for either of these teams as he adds a 50% rare item boost himself, as well as some sustain abilities.

Edit: If you don't have Holy Blade (forgot it was a TMR) you could replace it with stone blade which is craftable and use a light element weapon instead of Galkan Dagger. Also, if you don't have Discernment, you'll probably live, but the status immunity is nice. Feel free to replace it with anything else you'd find useful. If you don't have Rikku's Pouch or Pod 153 you just lose a little bit of utility, you can still help with clearing missions and getting better drop rates

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    fletcha and Masvroh like this.
  2. BigNBald5

BigNBald5 Ascended Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    Change rikku pouch to Pod and he would be better (he would offer chaining)

AirJig likes this.
  3. Ncooe

Ncooe Ascended Member

Leads:
    1k Orlando / 970 A2 / 900 TT
    I have a very similar build but I have diablous instead of fenir (cause I didn't get his abilities)

AirJig likes this.
  4. Masvroh

Masvroh Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Chow
    I think, Rikku's Pouch is used "just in case" something go wrong (status ailments infliction).

But, Pod is better IF the other people have Pod too (I'm so unfortunate not having a single 9S ::rudecat4::).
    Pod chaining with Bahamut capping wreck everything in one turn, though. With this, you don't have to worry about ailments.

But, if you use Pod every single turn, it means Xon won't have a chance to inflict the elements to clear specific elements mission ::thonk::

AirJig likes this.
  5. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    I'll edit the post to include it, the reason I was using pouch instead of pod is because I have pods on a couple Lara Crofts in the party. The pod would also add 100% common item drop rate which would be nice.

This is true, having Xon as a chainer kills his support capabilities - He also has very low attack with this build, so I figure having Pod on two other units with higher attack would be more valuable to the team.

- If you have 3 pods you could use Xon's pod for pure support, so it could still be a good equip pick.

6. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    WHY DO YOU HAVE POD ON LARA, she already has a chainsaw chaining move...? That is hella confusing.

Masvroh likes this.
  7. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Well I have them on her because the pod chaining move has a higher modifier and I wanted the common item drop rate boost. The other teammates are 2 xons and an ExAileen and the xons are this build and a full evade provoker build so the pods would be wasted on them. ExAileen has a TDH FD build for finishing so the Laras are the only place for the pods to go. I'm using Laras instead of other chainers because of their +50% rare item boost.

This team has (if drop rate items stack which i'm not sure) a total of:
    Common +250%, up to [300%]*
    Rare +300%
    Gil +300%, up to [400%]*
    - [With Friend ExAileen]*

Masvroh likes this.
  8. Arkadi

Arkadi "Hall of Fame" Member Supporter

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Tidus, GLS, OK, Christine
    Personally I just use Xon for Waylay, so if I need mission support on him I'll tack on dual wield with 2 elemental weapons and then use Pod 153 and Great Raven Cape for max treasure find.

BigNBald5 likes this.
  9. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    The thing is with story events the only thing you'd be stealing is Gil so it's not as useful to use him for waylay, but he is still useful for his +50% rare item drop rate in order to get more Crysts.

10. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Well, if you use Xon + Explorer Aileen, that's a bunch of free gil on top of bonus item drops and you've got plenty of other units to give mission completions. :)

Masvroh likes this.
  11. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    yeah pod on Lara is excessive, bit its your world. Unless you are using this team on the Bahamut Island, you really dont need more than what Lara already offers.

12. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    This is true, and if you want Gil you can use waylay if there are no limit burst missions or elemental attack missions. The team i'm using has a 2nd Xon as a provoke tank w/ full evade so I could use him for waylay if the enemies are going to die first turn i suppose.

13. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    stealing gil is free gil, you must remember, you think you have enough gil now, but you dont. Enhancements kill gil extremely fast, and 7* takes 3M gil per upgrade. Might as well get as much as you can now.

Onion Knight enhancements alone cost over 8M gil if you plan on fully enhancing him. SMH

14. Masvroh

Masvroh Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Trance Terra, A2, Onion Knight, Chow
    Well, he has 2 Xons. I'm sure the other Xon would like to use Waylay while the Xon with the support build do his own job.

AirJig likes this.
  15. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    For the last parts of story events you need a decent amount of power, especially on the final boss. This team setup is mostly for farming crysts from the event so I wanted to make sure they have as much power while offering all of the drop rate benefits.

I actually don't have that much Gil i just blew it all on enhancements recently, lol. But i'll be farming Gil Snapper all weekend so I'm not as concerned farming Gil during the story event, although the team does have a 2nd Xon if I do decide to waylay each turn.

Exactly ^

16. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    When you need more power in the chain, just use Lara LB. But I do understand.

Masvroh likes this.
  17. Arkadi

Global ID:
    Leads:
    So for cryst farming from story events / the chambers, what type of treasure hunter do you want? Rare or Common item treasure bonus?

18. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    True, I don't have Lara's LBs leveled up, but it is still a higher modifier at Lvl 1 than Pod.

19. BigNBald5

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Ang/eLunera/requests
    This upcoming weekend has too many things that require NRG to do. If you are going to farm gil snappers, put off doing the story event until Monday and use ALL of your NRG on snappers. We also still have this KM event as well. They should have done a Raid this week instead of 3 events that all use NRG.

Really bad planning.

20. AirJig

AirJig Well-Known Member

Global ID:
    Leads:
    Rare if you are going for T4 and up (iirc) and common for the lower tier ones. They are separate categories of drop from what I understand so you really want to boost both if possible. If both proc then the enemy will drop 2 drops, giving you a common tier cryst and a rare tier cryst. There is also a Unique tier drop but no items exist that boost that as far as I'm aware.